Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 14 Mar 2019, 12:32 (43258 Views)
Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

BooksAreLikeDragons
14 Mar 2019, 07:06
Here is a tutorial for making an open-world game in Unity (although there doesn't seem to be a guide for Unreal Engine).
Hey, thanks for the link! I'll have to watch that if Unity ever starts working for me. :)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
14 Mar 2019, 12:32
BooksAreLikeDragons
14 Mar 2019, 07:06
Here is a tutorial for making an open-world game in Unity (although there doesn't seem to be a guide for Unreal Engine).
Hey, thanks for the link! I'll have to watch that if Unity ever starts working for me. :)
You're welcome! :) I think it's a series of videos.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I’m guessing that this game couldn’t be voice-acted. We would need to use text for the dialogue, but that’s fine because I’m writing a script for the game.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

I mean, it could be voice-acted. We'd just need to figure out how to get Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, TJ Miller, Zack Pearlman or Jonah Hill, Cristopher Mintz-Plasse, Andree Vermeulen, Gerard Butler, Jeff Bennett, and Chris Edgerly to come over and record. :P

Yeah, text will be fine.

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
15 Mar 2019, 12:31
I mean, it could be voice-acted. We'd just need to figure out how to get Jay Baruchel, America Ferrera, TJ Miller, Zack Pearlman or Jonah Hill, Cristopher Mintz-Plasse, Andree Vermeulen, Gerard Butler, Jeff Bennett, and Chris Edgerly to come over and record. :P
Somehow I don't think that's going to happen. :P

I'll continue writing the script (and the Book of Dragons. I was thinking that Hiccup could give it to your character as a sort of field guide.) :)

If you can get Unity to work, do you think it's possible to make the game using the tutorial?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

It couldn't be T.J. Miller, it'd have to be his other voice actor :/
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I've written the start of the script, which can be read here. Let me know what you think of it, and please feel free to add any constructive criticism! :)

I was thinking about the character customisation, and I was wondering just how complex could we make it?

(Also, the reason why it's sunrise at the start of the script is because the Dragon Riders launched a raid on a trappers' ship the night before, which was how they rescued the player character. This will be explained in the script.)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Hey, that looks really good so far! Quick thing, though: Your script is set after HTTYD2, but I thought that the game would be set more during RTTE S6, or something.

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
16 Mar 2019, 13:29
Hey, that looks really good so far! Quick thing, though: Your script is set after HTTYD2, but I thought that the game would be set more during RTTE S6, or something.
Thank you very much! :)

I haven’t actually sorted out the story of the game yet (I just know how it starts), so the script can be adjusted.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I've finished the first scene, and I'm just about to start on the next one! :) The script can be read in the same Google Docs link.

IMPORTANT NOTICE