Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Httyd Costumes & clothes
Topic Started: 30 May 2014, 21:53 (9648 Views)
DerangedTheDagur
Pirate Lord of the Berk archipelago

Modrenman1
31 May 2014, 01:18
Shot of the upper armor.

The scales tunic:
That is amazing. I bet you have plenty of time and leather at your disposal. Not to mention skill as well. I envy you to no end, lol
"I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically." ~Captain Jack Sparrow
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Modrenman1
Dragon Egg

DerangedTheDagur
31 May 2014, 01:53
Modrenman1
31 May 2014, 01:18
Shot of the upper armor.

The scales tunic:
That is amazing. I bet you have plenty of time and leather at your disposal. Not to mention skill as well. I envy you to no end, lol
I've been working on this costume for 3 months little bit by little bit. I wish I had more time but I guess that's how it goes. I wont be ready before the movie but hopefully before Comic con in July. Believe it or not this is the very first time I've worked with leather. Lots of fun. I highly recommend it to everyone!
https://www.facebook.com/JustinDavidsonPhotography

DerangedTheDagur

I've always wanted to work with leather, and my uncle even owns a leather shop and has offered to let me come by and make stuff, I just never have the time to do so. Maybe some day, lol
"I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically." ~Captain Jack Sparrow

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

@Modrenman1

Wow, your costume is awesome and so detailed!

I would like to know how much it weighs.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Modrenman1
Dragon Egg

DerangedTheDagur
31 May 2014, 11:30
I've always wanted to work with leather, and my uncle even owns a leather shop and has offered to let me come by and make stuff, I just never have the time to do so. Maybe some day, lol
Seriously FIND/MAKE the time it's so worth it!!

Modrenman1
Dragon Egg

Zer0x
31 May 2014, 14:09
@Modrenman1

Wow, your costume is awesome and so detailed!

I would like to know how much it weighs.
Thank you! I hadn't weighed it till you asked. I just did and the upper armor is 4 lbs. I didn't weigh the tunic but my guess is about a pound. I would say when I'm all said and done everything will come in 5-7 pounds (helmet included). I haven't worn it for long periods of time yet. I'm hoping it's somewhat comfortable.
^o)

DerangedTheDagur

Modrenman1
31 May 2014, 18:42
DerangedTheDagur
I actually have some leather scraps from an old beanbag chair in my garage, I was thinking of making the shoulder shield to add to my Berk Pirate cosplay, thinking that maybe after Hiccup became chief, it was a trend of Berk that kept up for years, or something like that. I also love he small round Berk crest on the heat thinking of incorporating that too somehow. I already made one bracer similar to Hiccup's, just thinking of adding the knife to it, I really liked that idea

Modrenman1
Dragon Egg

DerangedTheDagur
31 May 2014, 21:20
Modrenman1
31 May 2014, 18:42
DerangedTheDagur
I actually have some leather scraps from an old beanbag chair in my garage, I was thinking of making the shoulder shield to add to my Berk Pirate cosplay, thinking that maybe after Hiccup became chief, it was a trend of Berk that kept up for years, or something like that. I also love he small round Berk crest on the heat thinking of incorporating that too somehow. I already made one bracer similar to Hiccup's, just thinking of adding the knife to it, I really liked that idea
Very cool, good luck!! Yeah, Hiccup's a clever guy! ;)

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Modrenman1
31 May 2014, 18:47
. I would say when I'm all said and done everything will come in 5-7 pounds (helmet included).
I would like to see a picture of the helmet. I can't find it in your gallery. :)
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

My not so great cosplay of book Hiccup. Meh. It's decent. Then again, I put it together in a day for a Halloween party so it's defiantly not going to be amazing.... I was wearing a cheap wig, a fur waistcoat, a gray shirt, blue jeans, and furry boots... I also carried the sword 'Endeavor' with me all night.

Awkward moment #29: The awkward moment when you walk into your friend's house for a Halloween party, and everyone's watching Riders of Berk, when you dressed up as Hiccup…

Awkward moment #30: The awkward moment when they still ask you what you came as…

The irony…
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'