Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
What does your friends/family think of your addiction?
Topic Started: 11 Jun 2014, 12:18 (16834 Views)
Toothless123
Night Fury

Toothless123
11 Jun 2014, 16:16
chimuelo
01 Jun 2014, 04:57
Toothless123
31 May 2014, 18:36
When I go in the car with him, we listen to the HTTYD 2 soundtrack on the stereo. He pretends the car is Toothless, because its colour is black! :P
It's nice to know I'm not the only one who looks at black cars and thinks of Toothless! :$
:D
My dad also has the baby Toothless figurine on his car dashboard! :D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

brokenfang
Dragon Egg

With me it's an absolute secret, although I'm slowly trying to let some friends know that I like the movie. Family would probably laugh at me, classmates would shut me out for being weird :'( Although I think I have another dragon freak in my class (my crush lol), he once mentioned that he loves RoB and DoB, but he said the titles in Polish so I didn't recognize the series at first becouse I only watched it in English D: (I don't like the polish dub). He never mentioned it again and I was to awkweird to ask. Although I sometimes humm or play Forbidden Friendship on my school piano and I get the feeling that he suspects me being a dragon freak D: Its just... gah, so awkweird
It's magic, deal with it ;D

Creative_Username
Dragon Egg

As far as I can tell, no one knows anything about it. Not my friends nor my family. The extent of my family's knowledge is that four years ago, I loved the movie. That is it. My friends have no reason to believe that I like HTTYD (they would if they see me at the movie theater on Friday).
brokenfang
11 Jun 2014, 17:07
Classmates would shut me out for being weird :'(
This. This would happen to me if anyone of my classmates knew of my obsession. :(
Just because I may not post often does not mean that I am not here.

SilaNightFury
Lemon Guru and Cloudjumper Fangirl~

I made a Toothless pancake today at work so now everyone there now knows. They laughed at me, so I laughed back XD
^_^

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

All my family knows about my 'addiction' is that I'm going to London to see the film with everyone.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

AndyMay
25 Apr 2014, 22:31
My HTTYD obsession is one of by best kept secrets...
AndyMay
18 Jun 2014, 15:31
All my family knows about my 'addiction' is that I'm going to London to see the film with everyone.
So, you finally told them everything?

I will tell mine after London, then they will see that it isn't just a joke.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Zer0x
18 Jun 2014, 18:06
AndyMay
25 Apr 2014, 22:31
My HTTYD obsession is one of by best kept secrets...
AndyMay
18 Jun 2014, 15:31
So, you finally told them everything?
Nah lol. All I said was I'm going to london to see HTTYD2 in the BFI with some 'other fans'. xD
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

CityCreek

[color=blue]You're all Big Baby Boos. <3
[/color]

My mom was genuinely concerned when she found out.
Being a fan since 2011 but never contributing to it until recently, I only told her when the teaser trailer.
Well, telling her as in screaming uncontrollably in the cinema and turning a LOT of heads.

I'm glad I did, my year-long public dedication payed off and I was taken to see it on Dublin last Sunday.

She thought I was the only one until she met NightFuryFire, and now she doesn't care, because Fire's more publicly obsessed with it than me, so she can't really argue. LOL

People IRL though 'friends' taunt me, and think I'm a freak for liking a kids movie, my sister taunts me too. :/
(( *NEW* Skype - Whitecitycreek))
(Toothless gettin real tired of your sh*t Hiccup)

The Norse Nerd
-This is Borghild-

My little sister is slightly less obsessed as me and my older sister thinks I'm insane. My parents just don't care that I'm obsessed.

I don't ship Hiccstrid, deal with it (◡‿◡✿)

~Slytherin~

-Cancer Sun-
-Aries Moon-
-Virgo Ascendant-

Borghild Dragon Riders

Youtube Channel

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

I'm casually going to respond to my own thread... Because I'm that bored...

My obsession had gotten me to lose friends in the past. My theater peers don't think I'm weird at all for having a RolePlay account, in fact they don't really mind. However, if I said that to a normal person, that I Rped as Book Hiccup… I can feel the odd stares now... I've learned to keep my mouth shut about my fandom, unless I occasionally SQUEE in joy to my parents, who are the only ones besides my best friend that I don't feel judged from.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'