Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home-made Toothless plushie
Topic Started: 21 May 2014, 01:28 (7576 Views)
FuriousKnight
Knight of Fury

SilaNightFury
21 May 2014, 01:22
FuriousKnight
20 May 2014, 23:14
SilaNightFury
20 May 2014, 16:15
Not so much with the legs, I had more trouble with the tail!
What troubles? Fitting everything in?
Yeah, for Toothless it wasn't too bad, because he only had the one tail fin, but Terra was a whole other story! It was super slow going and her seams still popped. So make sure you have an extra sturdy material!
I'm changing the tail a bit. I've lengthened it and I'm also going to sew the secondary wings (butfin) on to the body like the primary wings. I've also altered the back legs so they look more like back legs.

What kind of material did you use? I'm using polar fleece.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

AndyMay
21 May 2014, 01:28
Here's a comparison between male nadder and a female one.

Thanks, I completely forgot haha.

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

SilaNightFury
Lemon Guru and Cloudjumper Fangirl~

FuriousKnight
21 May 2014, 05:28
SilaNightFury
FuriousKnight
20 May 2014, 23:14
What troubles? Fitting everything in?
Yeah, for Toothless it wasn't too bad, because he only had the one tail fin, but Terra was a whole other story! It was super slow going and her seams still popped. So make sure you have an extra sturdy material!
I'm changing the tail a bit. I've lengthened it and I'm also going to sew the secondary wings (butfin) on to the body like the primary wings. I've also altered the back legs so they look more like back legs.

I used that for Toothless, but got normal for Terra. She has had a few issues but my mom is my "dragon doctor" so if anything happens to them so takes care if it.
^_^

FuriousKnight
Knight of Fury

SilaNightFury
21 May 2014, 17:49
FuriousKnight
21 May 2014, 05:28
SilaNightFury

I used that for Toothless, but got normal for Terra. She has had a few issues but my mom is my "dragon doctor" so if anything happens to them so takes care if it.
Lucky you, with your Mom I mean. If I so much as say dragon or something similar - though I've taken to calling the plush Project Toothless, Project for short - my Mum just scowls or goes off her head at me for wanting to do this.

But I'm sticking to my guns and the other ladies at the sewing class that I attend (can't really do it at home because of the above) are curious about what I'm doing. You should have seen them while I was getting the pattern this week.

Did you have any troubles with making your polar fleece Toothless? Other then what you've said?

SilaNightFury

Make sure the material is super flat. I am not the greatest sewer so sometimes it bunched a bit. Other than that it wasn't too difficult. It just takes forever! Oh, another thing I left out were the claws. I bought a scaly material for it but it never wanted to work with me, so I left them in the recycle material bin. So whether you do them or not, I wish you better luck than I had :)

And my mom thinks it is quiet humorous to have her 20 year old freaking and spazing out over a kids film. But she is pretty open, actually we are working on my Night Fury Hoodie and wallet this weekend :3
^_^

FuriousKnight
Knight of Fury

SilaNightFury
22 May 2014, 15:06
Make sure the material is super flat. I am not the greatest sewer so sometimes it bunched a bit. Other than that it wasn't too difficult. It just takes forever! Oh, another thing I left out were the claws. I bought a scaly material for it but it never wanted to work with me, so I left them in the recycle material bin. So whether you do them or not, I wish you better luck than I had :)

And my mom thinks it is quiet humorous to have her 20 year old freaking and spazing out over a kids film. But she is pretty open, actually we are working on my Night Fury Hoodie and wallet this weekend :3
You're making a hoodie? Awesome! Did you come up with the pattern yourself?

SilaNightFury

Sort of. We are cheating a bit lol. I am buying a black hoodie tomorrow and matching material. Then mom is going to help me get everything sorted. I was inspired by some of the hoodies I have seen on deviantart. Mom is a really good seamstress, so she will find a way XD
^_^

FuriousKnight
Knight of Fury

SilaNightFury
22 May 2014, 22:44
Sort of. We are cheating a bit lol. I am buying a black hoodie tomorrow and matching material. Then mom is going to help me get everything sorted. I was inspired by some of the hoodies I have seen on deviantart. Mom is a really good seamstress, so she will find a way XD
Pictures!

SilaNightFury

FuriousKnight
23 May 2014, 10:46
SilaNightFury
22 May 2014, 22:44
Pictures!
Will do! X3
^_^

DerangedTheDagur
Pirate Lord of the Berk archipelago

Here's one I'm currently working on, his name is going to be Huginn

I know, the eyes need some adjusting, I just cut the foam pieces this morning, so some tweaking will be done possibly later today
"I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically." ~Captain Jack Sparrow