Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Home-made Toothless plushie
Topic Started: 19 May 2014, 10:19 (7699 Views)
FuriousKnight
Knight of Fury

Zer0x
19 May 2014, 13:44
Are there optical differences between male and female dragons?
The females have two longish tendril coming off their tailfins, like ribbons on a kite.

The idea isn't mine, however. A artist on DeviantArt by the name of yamilink came up with it. I'm a fan of her comic, the Ireth and Vespera fable, and asked if I could use the tail streamers on the second plush.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

FuriousKnight
19 May 2014, 14:19
Zer0x
The females have two longish tendril coming off their tailfins, like ribbons on a kite.

The idea isn't mine, however. A artist on DeviantArt by the name of yamilink came up with it. I'm a fan of her comic, the Ireth and Vespera fable, and asked if I could use the tail streamers on the second plush.
That's really interesting...
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

SilaNightFury
Lemon Guru and Cloudjumper Fangirl~

I used the same pattern! To make it a bit easier on me I made it into a power point. If you'd like I could definitely email it to you! I now have two, Toothless and Terra! I want to make a third but don't really have the time to do it, and she is a wee bit different from other Night Furies.
^_^

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

Zer0x
I didn't know about Night Furies, but there definitely are with Nadders. One has an overbite and the other has an (under?)bite. You could see it on one of the series episodes and it was explained somewhere but I can't find right now as on phone. Will add tomorrow

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

SilaNightFury

Zer0x
I don't know if DW has made anything official, but in my mind, female Night Furies are more of a darker grey/charcoal color to help blend in with the mountains they use for nesting. They also don't have the tail and leg spikes. Again, this is what I came up with in my head, and until DW says otherwise, I'll keep believing it XD
^_^

FuriousKnight
Knight of Fury

SilaNightFury
19 May 2014, 17:47
I used the same pattern! To make it a bit easier on me I made it into a power point. If you'd like I could definitely email it to you! I now have two, Toothless and Terra! I want to make a third but don't really have the time to do it, and she is a wee bit different from other Night Furies.
Did you have any trouble with the legs? I'm going to have to blow mine up a little so the they fit the body.
SilaNightFury
19 May 2014, 22:39
Zer0x
I don't know if DW has made anything official, but in my mind, female Night Furies are more of a darker grey/charcoal color to help blend in with the mountains they use for nesting. They also don't have the tail and leg spikes. Again, this is what I came up with in my head, and until DW says otherwise, I'll keep believing it XD
The idea I'm going with is yamilink's. Male Night Furys have have extra tendrils on their jaw, like we see with Toothless, which is the equivalent of a beard for dragons while the females have the tail ribbons. Appearance wise both genders are the same.

SilaNightFury

Not so much with the legs, I had more trouble with the tail!
^_^

FuriousKnight
Knight of Fury

SilaNightFury
20 May 2014, 16:15
What troubles? Fitting everything in?

SilaNightFury

FuriousKnight
20 May 2014, 23:14
SilaNightFury
20 May 2014, 16:15
What troubles? Fitting everything in?
Yeah, for Toothless it wasn't too bad, because he only had the one tail fin, but Terra was a whole other story! It was super slow going and her seams still popped. So make sure you have an extra sturdy material!
^_^

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

Here's a comparison between male nadder and a female one.

Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D