Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Dragon-esque Pets?
Topic Started: 24 May 2014, 18:05 (2746 Views)
DerangedTheDagur
Pirate Lord of the Berk archipelago

Anyone out there have a pet named after anyone from Dragons? Or any pets who look like any of our favorite fire-breathers?

These are my dogs. The German Shepherd's name is Maia, but I call her Meatlug, because she pretty much has the same personality as our favorite Gronckle. And the other dog's name is Nyx, and her middle name is Lyssa. My wife is really into Greek mythology, and "Nyx" was the Greek goddess of the night, and "Lyssa" was the Greek goddess of fury. (Get it?? Night Fury? lol)

These two kittens were abandoned under my house. The tan one on the right was found a couple of days ago, and I named him Hiccup. I pulled the grey one out from under my house earlier this afternoon, and her name is now Astrid. :D

Anyone else doing this or am I the only dragon/pet nut here?
"I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically." ~Captain Jack Sparrow
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I have a pet rock named 'Screaming Death'. Does that count?
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

My grans cat was rescued from a feild. She had been injured and had to get mouth surgery. No you can always see her bottom gum. When we adopted her as a kitten we realised she was still very feral and wanted to attack everything. She was named Mille but later on her nickname became millefang. But my nickname for her is toothfull the fang fury. Because she looks exactly like toothless. Especially cos you can see her gum. Plus she can go from happy to angry in a spilt second. Which reminds me of the scene when hiccup is trying to tame toothless. So basicly she is so much like toothless it's scary. Oh did I mention. She's black with light green eyes. :blink:
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

DerangedTheDagur
24 May 2014, 22:05
Anyone out there have a pet named after anyone from Dragons? Or any pets who look like any of our favorite fire-breathers?

These are my dogs. The German Shepherd's name is Maia, but I call her Meatlug, because she pretty much has the same personality as our favorite Gronckle. And the other dog's name is Nyx, and her middle name is Lyssa. My wife is really into Greek mythology, and "Nyx" was the Greek goddess of the night, and "Lyssa" was the Greek goddess of fury. (Get it?? Night Fury? lol)

These two kittens were abandoned under my house. The tan one on the right was found a couple of days ago, and I named him Hiccup. I pulled the grey one out from under my house earlier this afternoon, and her name is now Astrid. :D

Anyone else doing this or am I the only dragon/pet nut here?

Awww poor lil kittens. Who would have the heart to abandon those cutties
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

Dragon_Rider
Dragon Egg

My black cat's name is Panther cuz Toothless was designed to resemble to a black panther :)
I love dragons, and food... ^_^

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

None of my cats have names from HTTYD but they have nicknames:

Kitty is quite dark, has pale green eyes and it extremely fast, clever, adorable yet ferocious at the same time, so I call her Night Fury (and the funny thing is whenever I say "Night Fury!" she looks at me, as if she knows it's her nickname)
Freddy, Kitty's sister, is... well... plump. Plump and like a teddy bear. No surprise that her nickname is Gronckle.
Marmalade is 9 months old and is eager to play all the time, just like Stormfly, so he's the Nadder.
Tom is the Zippleback because he's wild but caring when he wants to be.
And finally Smoke is the Nightmare because you need to be careful and delicate if you want to approach him (I'm the only human being that can cuddle him as if he was Marmalade), just like a Monstrous Nightmare.

Did I bore you with my cat stories? :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

My cat looks/acts nothing like any of the dragons/people lol, but my aunt has a really big black cat and I once saw him crouched on a sofa, staring at me with these enormous green eyes and so I said, "Hey, Toothless."
My mom was just like… "what?"
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

Whitefang
25 May 2014, 14:35
My cat looks/acts nothing like any of the dragons/people lol, but my aunt has a really big black cat and I once saw him crouched on a sofa, staring at me with these enormous green eyes and so I said, "Hey, Toothless."
My mom was just like… "what?"
She must have thought you had been eating too much dragon nip :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

SilaNightFury
Lemon Guru and Cloudjumper Fangirl~

I wanted to name our runt kitty Hiccup, but BF said Jinx was better (I still call him Hiccup every once in a while). Echo I have recently been calling Meatlug, because she loves licking my feet when I am on the couch. And Artyom is my Terrible Terror, because he loves to destroy things. Literally, he broke one of our Xbox 360's a few days ago........
^_^

DerangedTheDagur
Pirate Lord of the Berk archipelago

There have been many strays in my neighborhood, some of which I have been feeding. Recently a lot of people, including myself, have been missing our outdoor cats. One of the strays I was feeding had the kittens under my house before she disappeared, and now they've been crawling their way out into my back garden. I found a third one this morning, thinking of calling him Gobber
"I think we've all arrived at a very special place. Spiritually, ecumenically, grammatically." ~Captain Jack Sparrow