Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
New theme piano improv [SPOILERS]
Topic Started: 12 Jun 2014, 15:27 (1475 Views)
brokenfang
Dragon Egg

A very short piano improvisation on one of the new themes from HTTYD2 :) a couple mistakes but well, it wasn't prepared :D Just felt like it becouse THE MOVIE IS COMING!
Let me know what you think :)

It's magic, deal with it ;D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

The beginning brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't play like that if I spent 100 years practicing XD amazing!! :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

That was beautiful.

I have nothing to say.

(I can't do improvs very well because of my uncreative left hand ;) I can only do renditions if I write them down)

Bravo.

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

I've edited the topic title, because it is from the new soundtrack.

UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

TheCube42
(As Not Seen on TV)

Fun stuff (reduction is something I admire as a string player, since I can only do 4 voices at once, and relatively poorly so.) How long have you been playing?

A fun idea I had is taking one of the newer themes and assimilating it into some of the first film's music. e.g. At 0:46 (when you go from an E-flat major straight to C minor) you could play the new tidbit but with a portion of "Test Drive" alongside it in appropriate transposition, which results in something like this.
Σ (a sigma-ture)

Shemrocky
Viking-cat Trainer

wow! Truly amazing! :D Love it soo much ^.^
"Do dragons, really exist?... Yes: in every culture, in every chapter of history... and in every child's heart."

brokenfang
Dragon Egg

TheCube the fragment with both themes is amazing! I'm certainly going to try and play it, as I was thinking about mixing the soundtracks of both films together as well.
I've been playing for about 10 years now, although I had a 2 year break in between. If you have watched Zorsy's rendition of Test Drive (transcribed by Alex Sheen) that is the level I'm currently at. Once I have mastered it I'll post it as well :)
It's magic, deal with it ;D