Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragons while Driving
Topic Started: 04 Aug 2014, 22:31 (1540 Views)
chimuelo
Blacksmith Apprentice

This summer I've been driving around two hours every day because my internship isn't very close to where I live, and I often include some Dragons music in the playlists I listen to along the way. I feel that driving is the closest thing to flying that I do on a regular basis, so John Powell's music is an appropriate soundtrack for my freeway flights. Obviously, Test Drive is a favorite, but any of the "flying" songs like Counter Attack, Flying with Mother, Where No One Goes, etc. make me feel like a dragon rider.

Does anyone else listen to Dragons while they drive? What are your favorite tracks to listen to? Do you blast it so everyone can hear? Do you roll down the windows and let the wind ruffle your hair? 8)

Discuss!
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

OMG YES!!! 8) :D :D :D The whole HTTYD2 soundtrack is my default music to drive to- everything else just doesn't feel right (cept an extended version of Test Drive :O )

helps that I think of my fan fiction a lot when I m driving so it goes along with it :P
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

I have both soundtracks placed (among other songs) in my roadtrip playlist on my iPod. Because there are 44 songs (between the two soundtracks), I can usually guarantee that one (and sometimes two) tracks will play during my ride to wherever it is I'm going. Usually I do have the windows open (especially now since I can't really run my A/C due to potential electrical problems and stalling...thank you for doing this in the middle of summer :$ ) and I often wonder if anyone recognizes the songs (especially the ones from the first movie).

Lately, I've enjoyed listening to the soundtrack songs while working out at the gym. Even the slower songs like Forbidden Friendship have this pumping beat behind them and my work-out is so much better when I'm listening to the songs from the soundtrack. :D
Coming Soon!!

Toothless123
Night Fury

I use my dad's remote for the stereo in his car and he lets me control the music. We sing along to For the Dancing and the Dreaming together from the "But I would bring you rings of gold" part. He taps his hand to the rhythm on the steering wheel. :D And he always sings the part along with Gobber when he interrupts Stoick. :D

Toothless123
Night Fury

Rocky Rose
05 Aug 2014, 02:57
(cept an extended version of Test Drive :O )
Oh my gods, do you have that?! :O

Rocky Rose
Deadly Nadder

Toothless123
05 Aug 2014, 19:38
Rocky Rose
I cheated and took it off of a youtube video- but I already paid for the first movie's soundtrack so... (way back in March)
"I saw him, and I saw myself."- Hiccup
"With Vikings on the backs of dragons, the world just got a whole lot bigger."

Addicted to DRAGONS :D

My Devianart
My Tumblr (I'm on there ALOT) Nightfury326

Toothless123
Night Fury

Rocky Rose
05 Aug 2014, 21:03
Toothless123
05 Aug 2014, 19:38
Rocky Rose
I cheated and took it off of a youtube video- but I already paid for the first movie's soundtrack so... (way back in March)
Can you send me the link to the video? :D