Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
I accidentally arranged Losing Mom by ear
Topic Started: 09 Aug 2014, 15:19 (2202 Views)
BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

I was playing Let Me Go by Avril Lavigne on piano, and I got bored so I started playing random little tunes... and I came across one that sounded a lot like the slow part Losing Mom
Spoiler: click to toggle
I've decided to write it down and actually do something with it, because otherwise I'll just forget it.

Does anyone know of a program to create sheet music papers? (preferably free) I'd love to share it with you all :D
I've found a program :D I'm going to arrange the slow part first, then hopefully if I can the rest of the song :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BerserkDragon

Here's the slow part:

It's my first time arranging anything by ear, plus I've never used this program before, so let me know what I did right and wrong and I'll change it :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

--> finale notepad, the free version of finale.
I use musescore, free, open source, also has a website for posting songs. My account for posting random terrible musicstuffs
-->noteflight, a free version is available

I was going to do a rendition of Romantic Flight but has currently abandoned it -_-

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

I'm taking piano lessons and have learned theory, but I keep on forgetting it. The time signature is best at 3/4, though. It'll probably make the notes easier to input, with less short notes :) Great job though, seeing this is your first try; my first didn't turn out so well... ;)

mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

Uh...that part is definitely not in C major....just saying. It's more like in E flat major.

Also, the same medley is reused in Flying with Mother at least 3 times, first two in, I think, B flat major and the last one in C Major..not sure about that one.

I also found about this medley accidentally when I was bored...Since then, I've been focusing on trying to arrange Flying with Mother. So far, I've only arranged about 30 seconds of it. I just need to find what the keys are the repeating parts are on and the bridging music between those parts.
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

mr.k.c.w.
10 Aug 2014, 01:41
Uh...that part is definitely not in C major....just saying. It's more like in E flat major.

Also, the same medley is reused in Flying with Mother at least 3 times, first two in, I think, B flat major and the last one in C Major..not sure about that one.

I also found about this medley accidentally when I was bored...Since then, I've been focusing on trying to arrange Flying with Mother. So far, I've only arranged about 30 seconds of it. I just need to find what the keys are the repeating parts are on and the bridging music between those parts.
I played it on a popup piano online. It's in D minor, and the OST is in E flat minor.

How's the arrangement? I've never been able to finish any of mine :)

@BerserkDragon what program are you using? ;) Does it have the ability to playback the notes? Is the input easy?

mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

The first 30 seconds after the 5 second opening. Nailed down the medley part except for the bridging between the first and the second appearance. of it. And the other part that follows it. But once that part changed into a different key, I couldn't figure it was in. Then again, this is my first time actually arranging something.
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

Wow, that's great! By the way, what program do you use? and is it in C Major?

In my free time, i'm trying to arrange stoick's ship using sibelius.
Spoiler: click to toggle
Tell me if i did something wrong ^_^
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

BerserkDragon

Thank you all for your feedback :D I'm not entirely sure what all of it means because I kind of taught myself with a few inputs from my mum, so if someone could do a lil guide on how to find out what note it's in (is that how you say it?) then I'd be grateful! :D

dragons_ind: It looks awesome, but I'm not a pro at sheet music, so I can't really say XD

And for those wondering, I used museScore 8)

EDIT: I watched a tutorial on YouTube for the E flat major scale, and I agree that it definitely sounds better now :D thank you for pointing that out :D
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

BerserkDragon
10 Aug 2014, 09:50
EDIT: I watched a tutorial on YouTube for the E flat major scale, and I agree that it definitely sounds better now :D thank you for pointing that out :D
Yes, lots of the soundtrack using E flat major scale. But i'm confused between E flat Major and C minor scale, 'cause both have 3 accidentals, while E flat is Sharp, and C minor is flat. I rearrange Stoick saves hiccup and i got 3 accidentals, i prefer using E flat instead C minor

Correction : Both have same accidentals, both are flat (i forgot it XD)

Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.