Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
How did you get into Dragons?
Topic Started: 18 Aug 2014, 16:16 (1701 Views)
hictooth
Archivist of Berk

I couldn't see a post for this already, so thought I would start one!
How did you get introduced/find/get into dragons? Where did you go from there?

I'll start:
I never saw HTTYD1 at the cinemas; I saw adverts for it on buses, but that was it. I first saw it on a trip with my school three years ago, and loved it. Unfortunately, we watched it late at night, and by the next day, I had forgotten about it! :O
Then, two Christmases ago, I was watching through all the films that I had taped on the TV, and it was one of them. I remembered how amazing it is! Then, at the credits, they said how "a bonus seasonal short was being showed after" (GotNF) . I immediately watched that, (my obsession was beginning to grow now :) ), and then proceeded to watch all the TV episodes available at the time (only 12!), as some kind person had uploaded them onto youtube (at 480p, with a watermark and french subs).
I then stumbled across this website, and have never looked back (was there even a time before HTTYD? No, can't have been!)

So, that's my story, what's yours? Did you read the books first? Did you get the chance to watch it in 3D (lucky you if you did!)?

Please share!
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

draconicwyvern
kyt, 18, she/her.

I think there's a thread here.

And I got into the fandom by watching the movie on the airplane ^_^

ggamer77
Hatchling

Watched it on TV. ^_^
irc://irc.caffie.net/HTTYD
My YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/ggamer77

NightoftheFury
Shhh...Toothless is watching

Hmmm....its kinda funny that not many of us were there with Hiccup from day 1. ^) For a lot of us, either we saw it after 3/26/10 or we saw it one time and didn't think much about it until we saw it a second.

Toothless123
Night Fury

I went to the cinema to see it with my dad.

Night Fury
Member Avatar
Terrible Terror

I saw it on its first day in cinemas and loved it immediately.

I first became interested when I heard that Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois were working on it. I loved their work on Lilo & Stitch, and I was still mad that Chris Sanders had been kicked off American Dog (later renamed Bolt).

I didn't think much of the trailers or characters before I saw the film, I think what really hooked me on it was the music. Before the film came out, I used to go to the official site where they had Test Drive playing on a loop. Sometimes I would just leave it playing in the background.

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I saw it the week after its opening weekend and loved it from the start <3
(I was probably around 9 years old back then, haha.)
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

dorcas18
Dragon Egg

Randomly picked up httyd DVD from HMV and the rest was rock and roll history...
Every bucket is unique, observe and you will see~

Hope_and_Heir

[color=#B40431]Winner of Shnuckle's Oneshot Fanfiction Contest 2014
[/color]

My father was actually in the hospital and I was too young to be able to see him, so I was tossed from family member to family member. One week I was staying with my grandparents on my mother's side and asked if we could get httyd from redbox since it was only a dollar. I watched it by myself since my grandparents had things to do, but that was my few moments of actually enjoying something from the entire time. Actually having something that made me happy. Oddly enough I only remember the little things like that from my experience, which probably was the worst experience of my life. I'm pretty glad I only remember the good things.
'There Were Dragons When I Was A Boy…'

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

Topic already exists.

How'd you end up in the fandom?

-closed-
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..