Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Audio Question
Topic Started: 24 Aug 2014, 07:24 (1440 Views)
Toothless123
Night Fury

So, I was watching this video, and I was wondering, is there any sort of audio editor that could cut out what Dean is saying, and just leave the audio of the clip? If there is such a program that can do this, I'd want it to be easy to do. :D
(As I mentioned in the topic description, I'm not really sure where this thread should go-so if a mod could move it to the correct place... :D And if anybody could suggest a better name for this topic, that'd be great, too! :D )
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

LawOfTheSeas
Defender of Insanity and Master of Apologies

Hmm. That's a difficult one. I would say that it will be very hard. Average audio editing software will only take away sound from the main sound file, and unless someone did some very poor editing when they made the video clip (and somehow forgot to compress the sound file - almost impossible to do.) you would have to take from the sound slip itself and risk losing more sound from the clip.

Now, I don't have much experience with these, (my father a; does not trust them, and b; thinks they are rubbish) but you could try searching online for lyric removal software. It usually does a hashed job of it, and there is no guarantee it will work, and plus you would have to amplify the sound from the areas which were spoken over, which would distort the sound, but that is probably your best bet for an easy fix. Unless you want to spend a few months working on it (high estimate) then just wait for the movie to come out on DVD. You can watch it all you like then.

Sorry if I wasn't much help.
I HAVE RETURNED!

Did you miss me?

dragons_ind
My avatar just got 20% Cooler

That's nearly to impossible to do. As LawOfTheSeas said, lyrics removal with compressed audio will give you really bad audio. I've tried Audacity, i tried to remove lyrics from a song and the result wasn't really disappointing, but there's something like "remains" of the lyrics. Lyrics removal only best for uncompressed audio, like WAV of FLAC format
Ninety-nine buckets of fireworms on the wall, ninety-nine buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got ninety-eight buckets of fireworms on the wall....................... Forty-one buckets of fireworms on the wall, forty-one buckets of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got forty buckets of fireworms on the wall..........- one bucket of worms! Take one down, pass it around, you got zero buckets of fireworms on the waaaaaaaaaallllllllllllll.

Toothless123
Night Fury

LawOfTheSeas
24 Aug 2014, 12:07
Hmm. That's a difficult one. I would say that it will be very hard. Average audio editing software will only take away sound from the main sound file, and unless someone did some very poor editing when they made the video clip (and somehow forgot to compress the sound file - almost impossible to do.) you would have to take from the sound slip itself and risk losing more sound from the clip.

Now, I don't have much experience with these, (my father a; does not trust them, and b; thinks they are rubbish) but you could try searching online for lyric removal software. It usually does a hashed job of it, and there is no guarantee it will work, and plus you would have to amplify the sound from the areas which were spoken over, which would distort the sound, but that is probably your best bet for an easy fix. Unless you want to spend a few months working on it (high estimate) then just wait for the movie to come out on DVD. You can watch it all you like then.

Sorry if I wasn't much help.
dragons_ind
24 Aug 2014, 12:38
That's nearly to impossible to do. As LawOfTheSeas said, lyrics removal with compressed audio will give you really bad audio. I've tried Audacity, i tried to remove lyrics from a song and the result wasn't really disappointing, but there's something like "remains" of the lyrics. Lyrics removal only best for uncompressed audio, like WAV of FLAC format
Based on your responses, wow, I sound like a questionnaire evaluator I think it'd be my best bet to just buy the DVD when it comes out- that's what I was going to do anyway.
But thanks for the help, anyway! :D