Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Requesting Httyd Amvs?
Topic Started: 30 Aug 2014, 11:11 (2413 Views)
RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

I love watching AMVs, but I don't have the software needed to make any, so here people like me with ideas but no means can their ideas to people who do have the means, but need more ideas?

Here's some of my ideas:

-A "Cats in the Cradle" video about Hiccup and Stoick, who never really did see eye to eye.

-A video about Dagur (or maybe Alvin or Drago) set to either "Stan" or "Bad Guy", by Eminem (Maybe just parts of the song, because they're both kind of long.)

-A Snoggletog video set to "The Very First Christmas to Me" from Spongebob. (Featuring Mildew as Squidward!)

-"Little Talks", maybe it could be a tribute to Stalka, like, the part where it says, "Now you're gone, gone, gone away, I watched you disappear, now all that's left is the ghost of you" could be the part where Stoick is watching Valka get carried away by Cloudjumper.

-"Crazy Kids" by Kesha, about the main teens.

-An Astrid tribute set to either "Bombshell Blonde" by Owl City or "Boys Want to Be Her" by The Peaches.

-"Monster" by Eminem and Rhianna (For some reason, this reminds me of Hiccup, and that people didn't understand how he could be friends with a dragon.)

-"Saint James" by Avenged Sevenfold, "Would You Be Impressed" by Streetlight Manifesto, and "War of the Gods" by Amon Amarth (All of these would probably look pretty badass set to the flying, battle, and action scenes, plus War of the Gods involves Norse mythology.)

-"Drink the Water" by Justin Cross (Maybe this could be a dark AU that changes up the story a little bit? The part that goes, "It's not a sin if it don't make me cry, (hint, there's a dragon-y sounding noise after this line) it's not the devil unless there's fire in his eyes, it's not the ghost if it don't speak in tounge, and it's not a victory 'till the battle's been won" could be where Drago makes Toothless kill Stoick.)

(As you can see, I don't really have one specific favorite genre. I like any kind!)

What other ideas are floating around out there?

My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Toothless123
Night Fury

I do have the skills and software to make this, and I will, but I'll just post it anyway.
Narnia: The Battle Song/The Guardians of Ga'Hoole: Into Battle, set to what else? the HTTYD 2 battle scene.
I've already done the latter with the battle scene in HTTYD 1.
Does anyone else have any ideas of what else the battle scenes of HTTYD 1/2 could be AMV-ed with? :D

ACMusicVids
Hatchling

Great idea! I'm an AMV-maker - the channel name is the same as here, and I've actually lost some of my inspiration, I'll take a look at those you've suggested :)

RealHousewifeofBerk
<3

ACMusicVids
10 Sep 2014, 21:36
Great idea! I'm an AMV-maker - the channel name is the same as here, and I've actually lost some of my inspiration, I'll take a look at those you've suggested :)
Awesome! :D

Night fury fire

[b]
[color=blue]We're fangirls! It's an occupational hazard...
[/color]
[/b]

Hiccup and toothless "on top of the world" by imagine dragons (ironic name) would be awesome :D
^_^ ;) :D :$ :P 8) :'( :( ^) :O :blink: >:( <3 <- me seeing httyd 2

BerserkDragon
antisocial british nerd with a youtube channel

Night fury fire
11 Sep 2014, 20:47
Hiccup and toothless "on top of the world" by imagine dragons (ironic name) would be awesome :D
Oooo that sounds awesome! :D That'll be my next music vid!
Me? An otaku? Pfff.

Yes I do like dragons if you're wondering. Doesn't seem like it from my profile pic n signature, I know, but I do.

ChinesischSchluckauf

[b]
[color=blue]Shut up, Mokuba!
[/color]
[/b]

How's this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b_IVqQNYs0
Did anybody else notice my signature has shrunk?

chimuelo
Blacksmith Apprentice

I'm curious if anyone is willing to make an AMV of "Dark Horses" by Switchfoot. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_5oE0ijhKg

I feel like the tone and lyrics match the themes of HTTYD 2, especially the second half of the movie when Hiccup and Toothless challenge the Alpha.

Born for the blue skies
We’ll survive the rain
Born for the sunrise
We’ll survive the pain

We’re singing…
Hey, you can’t count us out
We’ve been running up against the crowd
Yeah, we are the dark horses
We’re singing…
Wait! It’s not over now
We’ve been down but we’ve never been out
Yeah, we are the dark horses

I lack the experience/software/time, but I think it would be a neat video. :hiccup:

RealHousewifeofBerk
<3

BerserkDragon
11 Sep 2014, 21:19
Night fury fire
I think they used that in the Big Hero 6 trailer. All I could think when I was watching it was, "this song would have gone so much better with HTTYD."

-DREV-
Member Avatar
Dragon Egg

RealHousewifeofBerk
01 Oct 2014, 15:04
BerserkDragon
11 Sep 2014, 21:19
Night fury fire
I think they used that in the Big Hero 6 trailer. All I could think when I was watching it was, "this song would have gone so much better with HTTYD."
DreamWorks used it in a trailer for The Croods. ^)