Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 26 Feb 2019, 16:40 (44338 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
26 Feb 2019, 13:04
BooksAreLikeDragons
26 Feb 2019, 08:36
Is everyone still interested in this thread? I've written some more posts. :)
I've been following it, but I don't really have anything to add at the time being.
Okay. :) What do you think of my idea about having a Book of Dragons in the game? It's in post #97. (Wow, I can't believe that we have just over 100 posts in this thread! 8))
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

I think that sounds like a good idea.
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
26 Feb 2019, 18:25
I think that sounds like a good idea.
Okay. :)
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Whitefang
twelve days north of hopeless

I have no suggestions to add but after the scraps of open world that the HTTYD 2 Wii U game gave us (I mean at least you could fly around freely, now I just need that on a 10000x bigger scale), this has been my dream for literal years. Come on, DreamWorks. This would be the best idea rather than just another cheap "movie" game.
Find me on tumblr and deviantart!
I have been here an embarrassingly long time

8)

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Whitefang
28 Feb 2019, 00:28
I have no suggestions to add but after the scraps of open world that the HTTYD 2 Wii U game gave us (I mean at least you could fly around freely, now I just need that on a 10000x bigger scale), this has been my dream for literal years. Come on, DreamWorks. This would be the best idea rather than just another cheap "movie" game.
Yes, that is exactly what I mean! I was so frustrated by the HTTYD 2 game. Rather than trying to make a quick profit, I wish these companies would actually make a brilliant game that looks gorgeous (the HTTYD 2 game had the graphics of a Nintendo DS). We have the technology now. Look at the capabilities that the Switch has!

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I've thought another idea. While flying, you might encounter another dragon in the sky. (A wild Skrill appeared! :P) If it attacks, you could engage in a dogfight! How cool would that be? :) Then if you knock it out of the sky, you could follow it to where it's landed, and if you decide to heal its wounds, it could follow you out of gratitude and you could add it to your roster of tamed dragons.

By the way, what about naming your character and your dragons?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Although that would be cool, I'm not quite sure how the mechanics of the fight would work. Obviously, your dragon's blasts would fly straight ahead, in the direction its head is pointing, but realistically, any dragon you'd engage in a firefight would be dodging, twisting, turning, and moving very quickly. That could become very frustrating to the player, if they can't get a hit in. On the flip-side, however, if you did succeed, it would feel very rewarding... ^)

And I'd think naming your character/dragons is so obvious, it kinda goes without saying. ;)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
28 Feb 2019, 18:40
Although that would be cool, I'm not quite sure how the mechanics of the fight would work. Obviously, your dragon's blasts would fly straight ahead, in the direction its head is pointing, but realistically, any dragon you'd engage in a firefight would be dodging, twisting, turning, and moving very quickly. That could become very frustrating to the player, if they can't get a hit in. On the flip-side, however, if you did succeed, it would feel very rewarding... ^)
Hmmm, that's true... :/
Dragonrider's Fury
28 Feb 2019, 18:40
And I'd think naming your character/dragons is so obvious, it kinda goes without saying. ;)
I agree, it's quite obvious really. :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

It wouldn't necessarily be as bad as you guys think ;) It could just follow similar mechanics to Legend of the Guardians (aka a target locking system that cause the character to automatically dive towards that target instead of open air) ^_^
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
28 Feb 2019, 23:37
It wouldn't necessarily be as bad as you guys think ;) It could just follow similar mechanics to Legend of the Guardians (aka a target locking system that cause the character to automatically dive towards that target instead of open air) ^_^
That's true, we might be able to implement that. :) (I liked the Legend of the Guardians film, but I've never heard of the game. I might buy it. ;))

Do you think I could help with making anything in the game?

IMPORTANT NOTICE