Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 11 Apr 2019, 10:39 (43187 Views)
hictooth
Archivist of Berk

A lot of the graphics will depend on how good the models are, and how good the textures are for those models. If we use them vanilla from Wild Skies, they'll be as good as they were in that, which I think was really pretty good.
Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

hictooth
11 Apr 2019, 10:39
A lot of the graphics will depend on how good the models are, and how good the textures are for those models. If we use them vanilla from Wild Skies, they'll be as good as they were in that, which I think was really pretty good.
Okay. :) But I don’t think we can get all of the models from Wild Skies. Some of them, like certain dragon species (e.g. the Deathgripper), might need to be created with software. That would depend on who knows how to make and animate them (I don’t, unfortunately :/).
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

I know the theory of how to make and animate models like that, but I've never practiced, so it probably wouldn't go very well. :/
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I don't think we need to focus on the models at the moment. There's lots of other things to be done first. Why don't we make a list, and decide who will manage which aspect?

I'll start:

BooksAreLikeDragons
—Script.
—Sound files. (This would involve taking audio clips from the films. I would like a list of the sounds that we need as we progress through the development of the game.)
—Book of Dragons. (Quite a big project, so again, it would need to be progressive.)

Feel free to suggest anything else for me to manage. :)
Last edited by BooksAreLikeDragons on 11 Apr 2019, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

From Wild Skies, I have some sound effects. And I think Light Fury had a peek inside the resources for one of the other HTTYD games and there were some sound effects in there.
Astrid - "Hictooth"?

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

hictooth
11 Apr 2019, 18:36
From Wild Skies, I have some sound effects. And I think Light Fury had a peek inside the resources for one of the other HTTYD games and there were some sound effects in there.
Fantastic! :) If you need any other sounds, I would be happy to get them. Could you send the files to me?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Quote:

Maybe instead of selecting how you want your dragon to look, their appearance could be randomised! You could be wandering in the wild and tame a pink Monstrous Nightmare, for example.
Sounds more realistic that way :) Maybe customization could be based off of what dragons you breed if you decide to do so?
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
12 Apr 2019, 04:35
Quote:

Maybe instead of selecting how you want your dragon to look, their appearance could be randomised! You could be wandering in the wild and tame a pink Monstrous Nightmare, for example.
Sounds more realistic that way :) Maybe customization could be based off of what dragons you breed if you decide to do so?
Good idea :)

The dragons should be able to evolve into the Titanwing stage, like Rise of Berk. Maybe if your Bewilderbeast becomes a Titanwing, they would be able to fight for the position of Alpha! Then if they win, an ability would be unlocked, called 'Control of the Alpha'. The Bewilderbeast would be able to mind control groups of dragons to do certain tasks. For example, if you needed to collect lots of fish, they could do that, and you would just be able to return when they were finished.

And of course, dragons like the Timberjack and Hackatoo would be used to collect wood in forests, but I'm not sure what the wood could be used for. Building houses (your own or someone else's, perhaps for a quest), maybe? Making the handle for a spear?

I also thought that there could be a hatchery for baby dragons, and it could be located in Gobber’s forge on Berk.
Last edited by BooksAreLikeDragons on 12 Apr 2019, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

@hictooth, do you think the Wild Skies models are the ones with the best graphics? I just played the HTTYD 2 game again five minutes ago, and I quite like the models used there.

Could you send me the sound files for Wild Skies? :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

I'm not sure if they're the best or not (I've never played any of the other httyd games, and I don't have any games consoles or anything), but they are the easiest to extract. I'm not even sure if it's possible to extract models from console games.

And I will send the sounds to you, it's just that they're on another computer I don't have access to at the moment (it's burried under a pile of stuff and the charger is who knows where!). I will do it at some point soon though.
Astrid - "Hictooth"?