Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 02 May 2019, 17:44 (43233 Views)
Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Maybe you could attempt it, if you happened to be playing in the right part of the timeline, but I think it would most likely end in your death... :P
Which brings up another question: What does happen when you die in the game? :ermm: It's definitely very possible to do (by falling off your dragon from a too-high height, running into a nasty lot of Dragon Hunters, getting your head bitten off by a grumpy dragon... I could go on), so we should probably consider it, if we haven't already. ^)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Hmmm, that’s a good point. I’m not sure.

I was thinking that we should have an achievement system. For example, there could be one called Back to Berk, which would unlock when you used the option in the menu to warp to Berk for the first time.

Edit: I've finished the entry for the Monstrous Nightmare: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16be1yU ... p=drivesdk

I was thinking about uploading the BoD entries to DeviantArt. :/
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

How about not THE Red Death, but A Red Death? And Bewilderbest. Just find eggs and raise them as hatchlings ;)
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
03 May 2019, 04:15
How about not THE Red Death, but A Red Death? And Bewilderbest. Just find eggs and raise them as hatchlings ;)
That's a good idea. I already thought about being able to find a Bewilderbeast egg in the game. :) I think the main hatchery should be located on Berk and Dragon's Edge, but if you're too far away from either of those places, you could hatch an egg by lighting a fire.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Sounds good to me. :)

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

:)

I was thinking that timeline mode should be optional. If you choose to play the game like that, you can, but I think it should be enabled in the settings or something.

Edit: I've made some changes to the BoD by removing the size comparison charts (which I found on the Dragonpedia of the HTTYD website), because I didn't really like them. Hopefully someone else can add them again at some point. :) I'm also working on the entry for the Terrible Terror. (I made an error on the entry for the Deadly Nadder, where I typed ‘in length’ instead of ‘long’. I would like that to be corrected once the BoD is actually put into the game.)

By the way, I assume that the entries in the BoD are just placeholders — i.e. the text from the entries will just be copied into the game? ^)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

What are everyone else's thoughts? Are the entries in the BoD just placeholders at the moment?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I've started making a serious attempt at the BoD. (The other entries were just tests.) The different dragons will be organised according to their class (Stoker, Boulder, Tracker, Sharp, Tidal, Mystery, Strike), and I've started working on the first Stoker Class species on my list, which is the Fireworm. This is a big project, but I think I will complete it eventually! :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Nice! Good luck, not that it exists! :P

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Thank you! :)

Once the BoD is finished (assuming that I can finish an entry every day, it might take up to six months or more), I was thinking that we could just copy the text from the entries into the in-game BoD (I will save the entries in text form using Google Docs) and format them into some sort of rune font.

I will also try to make all the sketches for the visual diagrams and send them to somebody who wants to create them.

IMPORTANT NOTICE