Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 04 Jan 2019, 23:11 (43271 Views)
Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

I'd love to develop (or help develop) that!! I do dabble a little bit in video game making, with Blender's game engine, but my skills aren't nearly good enough to do something like that. Which is unfortunate. But hey, I'd be glad to offer my skills to help someone create that game! :D
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets :P

Swimming should be an option as well. Help with the ability to tame Sea Shockers, Scauldrons, Thunderdrums, etc.
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
04 Jan 2019, 23:11
I'd love to develop (or help develop) that!! I do dabble a little bit in video game making, with Blender's game engine, but my skills aren't nearly good enough to do something like that. Which is unfortunate. But hey, I'd be glad to offer my skills to help someone create that game! :D
Yes, that would be fantastic! :toothless: I would love for anyone to help!
Dragondog
05 Jan 2019, 01:38
Fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets :P

Swimming should be an option as well. Help with the ability to tame Sea Shockers, Scauldrons, Thunderdrums, etc.
But of course with DRAGONS! :P

Good idea! ;)

(Is there a way to contact DreamWorks so that I can give them the link to this thread?)

If anyone remembers DreamWorks Dragons: Wild Skies, I'm sort of trying to create a game similar to that (or the HTTYD 2 game, with the free-roaming aspect, but with many more locations, not just Berk -_-), except with better graphics (maybe someone could experiment with Unreal Engine?) and tons more things to do and places to go. Sort of like Animal Crossing and Breath of the Wild, where there's never actually a true ending to the game - there's always something else to accomplish.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Would we need a list of all the dragons in the franchise? If we do, I could search on the HTTYD wiki, and there would probably be a list of every location on there as well. Maybe I could also look for some models to download as well? (Since I know literally nothing about animation. :/)

Edit: I did a Google search for models... https://www.google.com/search?safe=stri ... hqwJXcIkmk

(However, these seem to be only for the dragons. I might need to search for the models of the humans (particularly Drago's soldiers or the Hunters), but I think I downloaded some onto my laptop a couple of years ago. The other models - such as animals for fishing and hunting, e.g. deer or wild boar - would probably need to be created, or I could just find generic ones.)

And I found a page on the HTTYD wiki which has all the dragon species grouped into every class: http://howtotrainyourdragon.wikia.com/w ... Franchise)

(I most likely won't be able to find models for certain dragon species, so those would need to be created.)

There's also a category on the wiki for the locations (although of course, only those in the films and TV series would be relevant): http://howtotrainyourdragon.wikia.com/w ... :Locations

That's all I could get at the moment!
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Dragondog
04 Jan 2019, 03:37
There should be a "press button to use dragon call whenever you get tired of walking, and your dragon will come to you" thing, but there should also be the option of having your dragon walk next to you.
That sounds like a good idea, but to make it even more interesting, you should have to practice your dragon call and build skill in using it before it will work reliably! Sound good?

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
05 Jan 2019, 16:19
Dragondog
There should be a "press button to use dragon call whenever you get tired of walking, and your dragon will come to you" thing, but there should also be the option of having your dragon walk next to you.
That sounds like a good idea, but to make it even more interesting, you should have to practice your dragon call and build skill in using it before it will work reliably! Sound good?
Good idea! :D

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Thanks! :D

(Dreamworks should hire us in their creative department, or something. ^_^ )

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
05 Jan 2019, 16:57
Thanks! :D

(Dreamworks should hire us in their creative department, or something. ^_^ )
:P

I was wondering if there was a way to contact them (email, for example) so that I could send them the link to this thread.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Dragonrider's Fury
05 Jan 2019, 16:19
Dragondog
Yes :D
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Well, they have Twitter and Facebook. Those would probably be the best way to contact them. But I have neither, so it won't work for me.

Team Pathetic Banner