Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 19 Mar 2019, 20:29 (44732 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Besides the script (which I haven't really worked on today but I will try to do so tomorrow) and the Book of Dragons, is there anything else that I can help with?
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Hey, would it be okay if I requested edit access to the script?
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
19 Mar 2019, 22:59
Hey, would it be okay if I requested edit access to the script?
Of course, but I'd like to finish the rest of my ideas. :) What kind of things would you be editing? Adding scenes, things like that?

I've been trying to trace the stock images of the dragons with charcoal, but I've decided that it's too time-consuming to do every single picture. Do you have any suggestions for an online tool or software that I could use to make the images look like the drawings in the Book of Dragons? I've tried online sketch tools, with limited success — none of those have the effect that I want.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

No idea, actually, but I figure it could be useful. As for suggestions on editing software, I have none. Sorry.

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
20 Mar 2019, 12:21
No idea, actually, but I figure it could be useful. As for suggestions on editing software, I have none. Sorry.
That's fine. :)

I've had another idea. If you managed to tame and ride a Skrill, you could use it to electrocute the water (which is a natural lightning conductor) and catch fish, but there would probably need to be some sort of net (as well as a rod and spear), which you could also load into catapults to catch dragons. You would do this if you wanted to join the dragon trappers/Hunters, which you could do if you needed some gold and wanted some regular wages. I think it would be really interesting if there was a variety of jobs. For example, you could serve Gobber as an apprentice in his forge to get some extra money, or you could be a fisher with Bucket and Mulch. Feel free to add any more suggestions for jobs!

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Okay, I just sent a request for edit access. :)

And I like the Skrill idea! :D

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
20 Mar 2019, 14:39
Okay, I just sent a request for edit access. :)

And I like the Skrill idea! :D
I’m not sure how to enable editing access on Google Docs... :huh: :unsure:

Thank you! :) Do you have any other suggestions for jobs that the player character could do in the game?

I would also be willing to write any descriptions for items. Could you think of any?

(Sorry for the questions. :))

I was thinking that the Northern Markets could be a trading hub in the game, where you could buy almost anything that you would want.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

You could be a blacksmith, teacher (for training dragons or fighting methods without dragons), trader, shopkeeper, or even dragon sitter.
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
21 Mar 2019, 00:19
You could be a blacksmith, teacher (for training dragons or fighting methods without dragons), trader, shopkeeper, or even dragon sitter.
Those are good ideas! :)

I thought that the player character could choose to be a dragon trapper/Hunter ( :ermm: ), fish with Bucket and Mulch (using a rod, spear or net, which could be bought from them, perhaps periodically as you advance through the game), or serve as Gobber's apprentice in his forge. Of course, with the dragon trapping, the amount of pay that you received would increase depending on the rarity of the dragon(s) you captured. For example, a Skrill could get you 1,000 gold, whereas a Gronckle might only be worth 100 gold.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

What should your starting dragon be?

IMPORTANT NOTICE