Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 03 Mar 2019, 04:17 (44208 Views)
Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

BooksAreLikeDragons
01 Mar 2019, 07:16
Dragondog
28 Feb 2019, 23:37
It wouldn't necessarily be as bad as you guys think ;) It could just follow similar mechanics to Legend of the Guardians (aka a target locking system that cause the character to automatically dive towards that target instead of open air) ^_^
That's true, we might be able to implement that. :) (I liked the Legend of the Guardians film, but I've never heard of the game. I might buy it. ;))

Do you think I could help with making anything in the game?
If you want a better idea of how the Target Locking system could work, I'd recommend seeing if there are any videos of the LOTG game on Youtube
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
03 Mar 2019, 04:17
BooksAreLikeDragons
01 Mar 2019, 07:16
Dragondog
28 Feb 2019, 23:37
It wouldn't necessarily be as bad as you guys think ;) It could just follow similar mechanics to Legend of the Guardians (aka a target locking system that cause the character to automatically dive towards that target instead of open air) ^_^
That's true, we might be able to implement that. :) (I liked the Legend of the Guardians film, but I've never heard of the game. I might buy it. ;))

Do you think I could help with making anything in the game?
If you want a better idea of how the Target Locking system could work, I'd recommend seeing if there are any videos of the LOTG game on Youtube
I'll do that. :)

It does look really cool.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Just so everyone knows, I would be happy to help with the game in any way, such as thinking of quest names and ideas.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

BooksAreLikeDragons
03 Mar 2019, 08:44
Just so everyone knows, I would be happy to help with the game in any way, such as thinking of quest names and ideas.
Okay :)

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
04 Mar 2019, 04:33
BooksAreLikeDragons
Do you have any suggestions? I'm trying to think of some tutorial quests at the start of the game.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

BooksAreLikeDragons
04 Mar 2019, 12:34
Dragondog
BooksAreLikeDragons
Do you have any suggestions? I'm trying to think of some tutorial quests at the start of the game.
Tutorials could start off with Hiccup and Astrid leading you to the Training Academy (which could give you the opportunity to learn how to walk etc. as you follow them), and when you get there, they teach you how to fly on Toothless, before you're allowed to get your own dragon

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
05 Mar 2019, 03:14
BooksAreLikeDragons
04 Mar 2019, 12:34
Dragondog

Tutorials could start off with Hiccup and Astrid leading you to the Training Academy (which could give you the opportunity to learn how to walk etc. as you follow them), and when you get there, they teach you how to fly on Toothless, before you're allowed to get your own dragon
So a bit like the beginning of School of Dragons? Thanks for giving me a starting point, I will expand on that. :) I'm thinking that there could be an attack by dragon trappers.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I've had another idea! Maybe there could be a feature where if you want to release one of your dragons, you could go to the Dragon Sanctuary and Valka will take them off your hands. Alternatively, you could sell them to a dragon trapper...

(I would also be willing to write the text for the loading screens. Also, I was thinking that the game should be set after HTTYD 2, but before the third film.

Once we've made it, would it be possible to put the game onto Steam? I would really like to play it using a game controller. Or would that be a copyright issue?)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm trying to get some dragon audio clips from the films (or any other place that you could suggest). I will be back once I've created some sound files. :)

(Just a quick question, I've heard that MP3 sound files cannot be used in video games, and they have to be changed to a format called BGM. I was wondering if it could be accomplished with a simple online conversion tool, or would I have to do something more extensive?)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

BooksAreLikeDragons

(Just a quick question, I've heard that MP3 sound files cannot be used in video games, and they have to be changed to a format called BGM. I was wondering if it could be accomplished with a simple online conversion tool, or would I have to do something more extensive?)
Really? I've never heard such a thing. I mean, if you use MP3, it's obviously going to be easy for anyone who knows what they're doing to steal (and play back) your game's sound files, but to say that one absolutely can't? That's a little ridiculous, in my opinion. ^)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D