Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 21 Mar 2019, 20:54 (44258 Views)
Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Whichever you manage to train first! :D Seriously, just throw the player into a huge open world, and have them wander around until they find a dragon they'd like to train! If they wanted a larger selection than exists on Berk, they could catch a ride on a ship bound for Dragon Island, or somewhere. And maybe find a job to do on the ship to pay for their passage? :ermm:
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
21 Mar 2019, 20:54
Whichever you manage to train first! :D Seriously, just throw the player into a huge open world, and have them wander around until they find a dragon they'd like to train! If they wanted a larger selection than exists on Berk, they could catch a ride on a ship bound for Dragon Island, or somewhere. And maybe find a job to do on the ship to pay for their passage? :ermm:
Do you think I should rewrite the start of the script, then? Would do you think would be a better suggestion for how the game begins?

Also, I'm finding it really difficult to find a tool which converts a stock image of one of the dragons into a drawing that I could put into the Book of Dragons. There's lots of those tools online, but as I've said before, none of them are achieving the look that I want. I'm not having any luck finding anything.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

BooksAreLikeDragons
21 Mar 2019, 21:47
Dragonrider's Fury
Do you think I should rewrite the start of the script, then? Would do you think would be a better suggestion for how the game begins?

Also, I'm finding it really difficult to find a tool which converts a stock image of one of the dragons into a drawing that I could put into the Book of Dragons. There's lots of those tools online, but as I've said before, none of them are achieving the look that I want. I'm not having any luck finding anything.
I guess instead of rescuing your own dragon, you just help free them, and reunite them with their riders. This could be the starting point where your character is watching the dragons and riders reunite, and Hiccup comes over and says, "You know, now that you're here, why don't you take some time to get used to your new surroundings? Maybe even find your own dragon to train. I'll be in the academy if you want any training tips." Then you're free to do your thing
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
21 Mar 2019, 22:35
BooksAreLikeDragons
21 Mar 2019, 21:47
Dragonrider's Fury

I guess instead of rescuing your own dragon, you just help free them, and reunite them with their riders. This could be the starting point where your character is watching the dragons and riders reunite, and Hiccup comes over and says, "You know, now that you're here, why don't you take some time to get used to your new surroundings? Maybe even find your own dragon to train. I'll be in the academy if you want any training tips." Then you're free to do your thing
That's an excellent idea! :) I'll adjust the script.

@Dragonrider’s Fury, how is the progress going on Unity?
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Now that I think about it, I recall a friend made a game for another tv show, and was asked, "Have you actually managed to deal with the copyrights? Do you have permission?" And he said he took care of that. Maybe I can see if he has any advice or help for us :)

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
23 Mar 2019, 02:48
Now that I think about it, I recall a friend made a game for another tv show, and was asked, "Have you actually managed to deal with the copyrights? Do you have permission?" And he said he took care of that. Maybe I can see if he has any advice or help for us :)
Fantastic! <3 As long as you're sure that it's legal. I'm sure that none of us wants to get in trouble with Dreamworks! :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

BooksAreLikeDragons
22 Mar 2019, 07:22
It isn't. It still won't run on Linux. And I don't want to do my developing on Windows 7.
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
23 Mar 2019, 12:25
BooksAreLikeDragons
22 Mar 2019, 07:22
It isn't. It still won't run on Linux. And I don't want to do my developing on Windows 7.
Ah, okay...

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I've nearly finished the first scene of the adjusted script! :)

@Dragondog, have you managed to speak with your friend?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

It's kinda tough because he's another online friend on another forum, and he doesn't log on much. I can send him an email, but I'm trying to think of how to word it so I don't end up annoying him :P

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!