Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 21 Jan 2019, 21:50 (45149 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
21 Jan 2019, 20:59
I am, but I haven't had any more great ideas to post, and beginning development on such a project is beyond my level. ;)
Ok :)
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Is there anybody on this forum who is experienced enough in game design (maybe Blender or Unity 3D, to name a couple) to help with the development of this project?
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Blender's game engine is actually deprecated, and will be removed in 2.8, so Unity is probably the better option. But I know literally nothing about using Unity so... :(
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
22 Jan 2019, 19:23
Blender's game engine is actually deprecated, and will be removed in 2.8, so Unity is probably the better option. But I know literally nothing about using Unity so... :(
:(

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Actually making the game will be pretty tough. We'd have to get actual clearance from Dreamworks to make such a game, or risk major legal troubles. We'd probably need someone in the legal business to help us form an agreement with Dreamworks either way.
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
23 Jan 2019, 03:13
Actually making the game will be pretty tough. We'd have to get actual clearance from Dreamworks to make such a game, or risk major legal troubles. We'd probably need someone in the legal business to help us form an agreement with Dreamworks either way.
But wouldn't that only happen if we tried to sell the game? Would that still be the case if it was free to download?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

BooksAreLikeDragons
23 Jan 2019, 18:32
Dragondog
But wouldn't that only happen if we tried to sell the game? Would that still be the case if it was free to download?
Dreamworks would still be on our case, because they wouldn't be making any money, especially when we're using their characters :unsure:
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Although that's all very true, I thought that this thread was just for compiling a list of ideas for Dreamworks to consider for a future game? ^)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
23 Jan 2019, 19:06
Although that's all very true, I thought that this thread was just for compiling a list of ideas for Dreamworks to consider for a future game? ^)
Well, initially I wanted to compile some ideas and then once we had enough, we could begin developing the game. But now that the problems with actually making the game ourselves have been pointed out to me, I think it would be better if we just used this thread for more ideas so that DreamWorks might consider them for a potential game, like you said :)
Last edited by BooksAreLikeDragons on 23 Jan 2019, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
23 Jan 2019, 18:45
BooksAreLikeDragons
23 Jan 2019, 18:32
Dragondog
Dreamworks would still be on our case, because they wouldn't be making any money, especially when we're using their characters :unsure:
Oh :(

IMPORTANT NOTICE