Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 10 Mar 2019, 22:27 (43918 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
10 Mar 2019, 22:01
BooksAreLikeDragons

(Just a quick question, I've heard that MP3 sound files cannot be used in video games, and they have to be changed to a format called BGM. I was wondering if it could be accomplished with a simple online conversion tool, or would I have to do something more extensive?)
Really? I've never heard such a thing. I mean, if you use MP3, it's obviously going to be easy for anyone who knows what they're doing to steal (and play back) your game's sound files, but to say that one absolutely can't? That's a little ridiculous, in my opinion. ^)
I don't know for sure, I just heard it somewhere. :) I’m guessing it would be fine to use MP3.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Once we actually finish developing the game, would we need to create an official website where you could download it? I would love to design it.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I’ve had another idea. Wouldn’t it be cool if you could jump off something and you could call your dragon to catch you? (Similar to summoning the Loftwing in the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.) You could maybe even create and customise your own flight suit, although you would need to collect materials.

In the sky, we could have huge, gorgeous-looking clouds, which you could swoop around or slalom between, and maybe they could be randomly generated every time you do some free-roaming. If you’re riding a particularly fast dragon (such as one from the Strike Class), you should be able to realistically feel the incredible speed you’re going at. You could even fly inside clouds (if you were travelling quickly, you could actually dive into them), and if there was a rainstorm, you would emerge from the cloud soaking wet. Maybe you could have bits of cloud stuck to you and your dragon.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

BooksAreLikeDragons
12 Mar 2019, 14:39
Maybe you could have bits of cloud stuck to you and your dragon.
Sorry, but that's not how clouds work... ;)

I do like those other ideas, though. :)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
12 Mar 2019, 16:56
Sorry, but that's not how clouds work... ;)
Oh, ok :P

What do you think about my idea of creating an official website where the game could be downloaded? :) (Once we actually finish developing the game, obviously.) It would need features such as a forum where we could post updates and things like that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Were the game ever created, it should definitely have an official website, but I still don't think we're the ones who should create it. Our ideas are way beyond any of our skill levels... :unsure:

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
12 Mar 2019, 18:29
Were the game ever created, it should definitely have an official website, but I still don't think we're the ones who should create it. Our ideas are way beyond any of our skill levels... :unsure:
Unfortunately, that’s true... :( But I’m just concerned that if we can’t make it, then who will? I’m not sure if Dreamworks would.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

In any case, I will still continue with the script of the game, the sound files, and I will start making the Book of Dragons, just in case they will be needed in the future.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Okay. I was going to try to start learning how to use Unity, but the editor crashes ever time I try to start it. :$
I've filed a bug report, so hopefully they get back to me.

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
13 Mar 2019, 22:47
Okay. I was going to try to start learning how to use Unity, but the editor crashes ever time I try to start it. :$
I've filed a bug report, so hopefully they get back to me.
Hopefully. :)

Here is a tutorial for making an open-world game in Unity (although there doesn't seem to be a guide for Unreal Engine).

IMPORTANT NOTICE