Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 22 Apr 2019, 19:18 (43226 Views)
Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Yes, buildings and the like can also be extracted. Sometimes, though, those have similar problems. For example, I tried to extract Unlandable Cove and The Woods That Howled from Wild Skies, but for some reason, all the trees, every single one, were sideways in the extracted geometry, and sitting at the middle of the rest of the area! :P

If you want to try extracting models yourself, you might consider looking into NinjaRipper, which was what I used. I'm sure there are better options, but that's the best I've found. ;)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
22 Apr 2019, 19:18
Yes, buildings and the like can also be extracted. Sometimes, though, those have similar problems. For example, I tried to extract Unlandable Cove and The Woods That Howled from Wild Skies, but for some reason, all the trees, every single one, were sideways in the extracted geometry, and sitting at the middle of the rest of the area! :P

If you want to try extracting models yourself, you might consider looking into NinjaRipper, which was what I used. I'm sure there are better options, but that's the best I've found. ;)
I'll give it a try. :)

I tested out 3D Builder, but I think it's used for 3D printing, not models.

Do you think it will be okay to post the models from my laptop onto the forum?
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Just include the option to turn the background music on and off. Then the individual player can decide whatever they're in the mood for ;)
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
23 Apr 2019, 03:36
Just include the option to turn the background music on and off. Then the individual player can decide whatever they're in the mood for ;)
That's a good idea. ;)

I haven't been working on the Book of Dragons lately, but I will get back to it soon. I assume that if I just make the dragon profiles into images (like I did with the Deadly Nadder), then somebody can find a way to import them into the game so that they will appear like a book?

Also, I've posted a 'Please read this' spoiler in my signature as an advertisement for developers, but I can't think of any other ways to encourage other people to work on this game. :/
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

There's only so much encouragement will do unless there's actually someone who is qualified to do it.

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
23 Apr 2019, 18:31
There's only so much encouragement will do unless there's actually someone who is qualified to do it.
That's definitely true.

I was going to do my next Book of Dragons entry on the Gronckle, but I got bored of that. :P So I will complete that later and work on the profile for the Night Fury instead. :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

@Dragonrider's Fury, would it be okay if you could work on the script instead of me? The basic idea I have for the beginning of the game is this.

Before the events of the game, your character was captured by the dragon trappers for some reason (maybe they threatened to report the trappers to the local chieftain for illegal poaching on the land), and they were taken onto the ship. Fortunately, it's the same one that Hiccup and the other riders ( :astrid: :fishlegs: :ruffnut: :tuffnut: :snotlout: :valka: :eret:) have planned an attack on (since I assume they started rescuing dragons straight after HTTYD 2), and they begin their raid. Hiccup notices that the player character has been captured, and he tries to free them. But while he was distracted with trying to rescue you, he didn't see that the trappers have launched a surprise attack on the other riders, capturing them and their dragons. Still not realising what's happening, Hiccup finally manages to free your character, gets on Toothless, and tells you to climb on behind him. Toothless takes off, but as part of the trappers' surprise attack, he is hit by a net and you are all knocked out.

The game starts with your character waking up in a cell with Hiccup, who figures out a plan for escaping and finding Toothless. When he is rescued, Hiccup finds the other riders and their dragons. Toothless frees them from their cells with a plasma blast, and Hiccup gets on Toothless again, with your character climbing on behind him. The other riders mount their dragons, and they all fly back to Berk.

Once your character is on Berk, Hiccup asks to speak with you. He says, 'Thanks to you, my friends have their dragons back, but you don't have one. I think we should do something about that.' He hands you a map of the island and tells you to go wherever you want to find your dragon. Hiccup also gives you a smaller version of the Book of Dragons, containing everything he knows about all the dragons he's seen, which you can keep in your pocket during your journey, and he says that it will help you choose which dragon you want. Then you're free to explore — look around the village, see if people need any help, and when you're ready, you can go into the wilderness of Berk to choose your dragon. After you've done that, you see Hiccup flying to your location on Toothless. He teaches you how to tame your new dragon, and he also shows you how to fly him/her. Once you've finished that, the beginning of the game is completed, and you can leave Berk (which unlocks the main quest 'Beyond Berk'). You are free to explore the entire Barbaric Archipelago! :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

I could work on it, but scripting is not really my strong point. :unsure: Maybe Dragondog could? I'd prefer to do editing on the script once it's done, e.g. check for / fix any grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation issues. :)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
24 Apr 2019, 12:01
I could work on it, but scripting is not really my strong point. :unsure: Maybe Dragondog could? I'd prefer to do editing on the script once it's done, e.g. check for / fix any grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation issues. :)
That’s a good idea. :D

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

I wouldn't mind helping, though I'm not an expert on this ;)

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!