Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 05 Jan 2019, 19:23 (43179 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
05 Jan 2019, 18:16
Well, they have Twitter and Facebook. Those would probably be the best way to contact them. But I have neither, so it won't work for me.
Okay ^_^
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Any more suggestions?
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

I don't think you should have to do anything in-game. If you wanted to, you could just chill at the Cove, or whatever. :D
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

The game tutorials happen at the Berk Dragon Academy, and you can visit any time you want a refresher on the game's mechanics, or how to train various dragon species. Also a good place to practice things like flight tricks, obstacle courses, battle training, etc.
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
07 Jan 2019, 01:25
I don't think you should have to do anything in-game. If you wanted to, you could just chill at the Cove, or whatever. :D
Dragondog
07 Jan 2019, 02:35
The game tutorials happen at the Berk Dragon Academy, and you can visit any time you want a refresher on the game's mechanics, or how to train various dragon species. Also a good place to practice things like flight tricks, obstacle courses, battle training, etc.
Very good ideas! :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

You should also be able to use Gobber's or the Edge's forge, and make stuff! :)

Team Pathetic Banner

Light Fury
Cape Starling

That's an awesome idea!

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
07 Jan 2019, 13:24
You should also be able to use Gobber's or the Edge's forge, and make stuff! :)
That's a good idea. I expanded on that concept in an earlier post:
BooksAreLikeDragons
04 Jan 2019, 08:25
But back to the HTTYD game... Maybe there could be a feature where you feed the fish that you catch to your dragon, and if you give them enough, they will level up. This could give them a higher shot limit, and more powerful attacks to use on Drago's soldiers or the Hunters that try to hurt you when you're in the overworld. But if that doesn't work, you could collect weapons that are scattered around and upgrade them at Gobber's forge on Berk, using certain types and quantities of ore/rocks/gems, etc, which can be made into iron. Only Boulder Class dragons (e.g. Gronckle, Hotburple) could gather ore, and there could be certain species that can get specific types (for example, only the Catastrophic Quaken can obtain slate?). Once your dragon has been levelled up, you can collect more amounts of ore. There are also certain types of ore that are needed for making specific weapons, for example, you could require Monstrous Nightmare gel, Zippleback gas and a special variety of ore to make Inferno, Hiccup's fire sword.

The different weather patterns could be used really creatively as well. There could be certain dragons that you can only find and tame in specific weather - for example, Skrill in lightning storms, Woolly Howl in a blizzard, Night Fury when it's dark (there would be a day/night cycle), Smothering Smokebreath in fog... the list goes on!

There could be more snow when you travel north, and maybe the game could have a sort of real-time aspect as well, so lightning storms occur more in summer, it snows in winter, etc. That would be a very good way to keep people playing.

I just feel like there is so much potential for the HTTYD games, but nobody is realising it... -_-
I'll try to contact DreamWorks soon! ;)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Oh. I read back to see if someone had mentioned it, but I guess I didn't read back all the way. -_-

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
08 Jan 2019, 00:02
Oh. I read back to see if someone had mentioned it, but I guess I didn't read back all the way. -_-
That's fine! :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE