Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 09 Apr 2019, 21:31 (43176 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I'm very pleased to announce that I've completed the visual diagram of the Deadly Nadder, although I still need to finish the rest of its entry. Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DpyKx1 ... p=drivesdk

Do you think that I should continue making these entries for the Book of Dragons, or should I take a break and work on the script for a while?
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Nice!! I really like that. :D

I don't know, it's up to you. ^)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
09 Apr 2019, 22:00
Nice!! I really like that. :D

I don't know, it's up to you. ^)
Thank you! :)

I think I'll finish the entry for the Deadly Nadder, and then continue with the script. What do you think of my idea about status effects? It's on the page before this one.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I've just finished the information for the Deadly Nadder (with the help of the HTTYD wiki to do all of my research) and I'm very proud of it! :) The link is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12zYrLi ... p=drivesdk

I just need to do some more editing to get the visual diagram and the information on two pages, then the entry for the Deadly Nadder will be complete!

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Looks good! :)

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
10 Apr 2019, 14:19
Looks good! :)
Thanks! :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

hictooth
Archivist of Berk

Looks nice! Out of interest, do you remember how Wild Skies did the Book of Dragons? Because if this game ever is made, it would probably be possible to use elements of that in it. I can upload screenshots of it if you want, but here's an image I found on google:

Astrid - "Hictooth"?
Hiccup - Yeah, it's not my snappiest comeback.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

That looks cool :) How are books made in games?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I'm having difficulty finding some software that will fit the Deadly Nadder entry on two pages like a book. Lots of the software says that it will print out the document like a book, but I don't want that. The document has to be visible as two pages on the actual screen, so that I can save it as an image file. Does anybody have suggestions for some software that can do that?

In the meantime, I'm going to work on the script. :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Some more ideas that I've had:

I would suggest that the stats of the dragons could actually translate into the game. For example, if you had a quest which involved stealth (maybe infiltrating a dragon trapper camp), you could select your Skrill (or any other dragon with a high stealth stat) from the dragon roster, and it would move more quietly. Dragons would fly faster or slower depending on their speed stat (the Skrill would move extremely fast, whereas the Gronckle would be very slow). And if we were very ambitious with the physics engine, you would be able to actually feel the pace you were flying at.

Maybe instead of selecting how you want your dragon to look, their appearance could be randomised! You could be wandering in the wild and tame a pink Monstrous Nightmare, for example.

Since the Gronckle has the ability to create Gronckle iron, maybe you could train a Gronckle in order to get the material (or several if you needed lots of iron), and it could be used as a component in a blacksmith forge (either on Berk or Dragon's Edge). Your weapons could break, but those made with Gronckle iron would have increased damage and durability.

I wonder what the potential for the graphics could be. I suppose it depends on how good they are in Unity, but I'd like them to be as realistic as possible. I found these videos:

How to get good graphics in Unity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owZneI02YOU

How to make realistic graphics in Unity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VR6C7m0KYA

@Dragonrider's Fury, I remember your idea about being able to play as a dragon, and I like the sound of that. :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE