Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 08 Jan 2019, 19:21 (43228 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I've messaged the official HTTYD and DreamWorks accounts on Instagram, and I've also contacted DreamWorks on Facebook, although I couldn't reach the HTTYD account on there, and I don't have Twitter.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Cool! Do you think that they'll take notice? I hope so. :)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

I hate to be the downer, but they probably won't. But maybe messaging someone more personal like Dean or someone might help
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
09 Jan 2019, 03:28
I hate to be the downer, but they probably won't. But maybe messaging someone more personal like Dean or someone might help
Well, I’ll try to look into emailing him or something, but in the meantime I was hoping that we could continue with more ideas and development. ^_^
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I've just messaged Dean on his Instagram account ;)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

One thing that I feel this game needs, is to use the official, or should I say real, models of Berk, Dragon's Edge, Outcast Island, Berserker Island, the Ice Nest... You get the idea. SoD is pretty decent as far as it goes, but there's a lot missing from, well, everywhere. For instance, Dragon's Edge. In SoD, it's pretty much just a mountain with a path going around it, and various buildings scattered about to make up the actual outpost. However, in Race to the Edge, we see that there's a lot, and I mean a lot more to the island. Another instance is Berk. It doesn't even have the Cove in SoD!!

Team Pathetic Banner

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

What about breeding your dragons?
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

That should be allowed, I think. :) Yeah, it's a kinda iffy subject/practice, but I think it would help the gameplay.
Back to what I said earlier about using correct models, I realize that it would probably be hard to implement, while still having the game run at a playable speed on lower-end machines (like mine :P ). Those models are probably way too high-poly. But it seems like it should be possible, somehow... :ermm:

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
09 Jan 2019, 20:41
One thing that I feel this game needs, is to use the official, or should I say real, models of Berk, Dragon's Edge, Outcast Island, Berserker Island, the Ice Nest... You get the idea. SoD is pretty decent as far as it goes, but there's a lot missing from, well, everywhere. For instance, Dragon's Edge. In SoD, it's pretty much just a mountain with a path going around it, and various buildings scattered about to make up the actual outpost. However, in Race to the Edge, we see that there's a lot, and I mean a lot more to the island. Another instance is Berk. It doesn't even have the Cove in SoD!!
I agree. There's quite a good model of Berk in the HTTYD 2 game. :)
Dragondog
09 Jan 2019, 23:33
What about breeding your dragons?
Good idea ^_^

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Are there any more ideas?

IMPORTANT NOTICE