Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 25 Apr 2019, 06:21 (43247 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
25 Apr 2019, 03:23
I wouldn't mind helping, though I'm not an expert on this ;)
Great! :) I'd just like to focus completely on the Book of Dragons (I think I'll call it BoD for short), since it's quite a big project.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

BooksAreLikeDragons
25 Apr 2019, 06:21
Dragondog
Great! :) I'd just like to focus completely on the Book of Dragons (I think I'll call it BoD for short), since it's quite a big project.
I wonder if you should converse with Night Stalker. He's working on a BoD too, but for more personal use I think :)
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
26 Apr 2019, 04:04
BooksAreLikeDragons
25 Apr 2019, 06:21
Dragondog
I wonder if you should converse with Night Stalker. He's working on a BoD too, but for more personal use I think :)
I saw his thread. Maybe I will. :)

Edit: I've just sent him a message. ;)

I would like to include the dragon species from the series in the BoD, but I'm not sure if the episodes are actually recognised as canon, i.e. does Dean consider them to be part of the official HTTYD franchise? Are the games (HTTYD 1 and 2, Dawn of New Riders, Rise of Berk, Titan Uprising, School of Dragons, etc) and the comics seen as official too? ^)
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

From what I know, the comics (meaning Serpent's Heir, Dragonvine... Were there others?) and the TV series are all recognized as official canon; as far as games go, School of Dragons is the only one with any amount of canonality whatsoever. The other games, no.
But I could be wrong. ^)
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

Light Fury
Cape Starling

You're pretty much right. Rise of Berk and Titan Uprising are not canon, even though they draw on canon elements.

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
26 Apr 2019, 12:27
From what I know, the comics (meaning Serpent's Heir, Dragonvine... Were there others?) and the TV series are all recognized as official canon; as far as games go, School of Dragons is the only one with any amount of canonality whatsoever. The other games, no.
But I could be wrong. ^)
Light Fury
26 Apr 2019, 12:50
You're pretty much right. Rise of Berk and Titan Uprising are not canon, even though they draw on canon elements.
Ah, okay! Thanks for the information. :) Obviously, I will only include the official species in the BoD, so there will be entries for the dragons which debuted in the comics, the TV/Netflix series and School of Dragons, but the dragons from the other games will not be featured.

I'm almost done with the BoD entry for the Hideous Zippleback. I just need to write the statistics, and create the visual diagram. ;) :zipplebackegg:

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

Yes Fury, there are six other comics as well for RoB and two for DoB ;)

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I don’t mean to be rude, but could we try to get back on topic please? :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

BooksAreLikeDragons
26 Apr 2019, 21:42
Relax, we barely strayed, and it wasn't for very long at all :P

So, how are eels a part of the game? I believe SoD allowed the player to feed eels to the dragons, at the expense of the happiness bar, but it causes Eel Pox in canon. obviously, Timberjacks are the exception

GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
27 Apr 2019, 03:30
BooksAreLikeDragons
26 Apr 2019, 21:42
Relax, we barely strayed, and it wasn't for very long at all :P

So, how are eels a part of the game? I believe SoD allowed the player to feed eels to the dragons, at the expense of the happiness bar, but it causes Eel Pox in canon. obviously, Timberjacks are the exception
:P

Well, a while back, I had an idea about status effects (it was in post #220, page 22), and I mentioned that you could feed electric eels to your Skrill for briefly increasing the power of their lightning attacks. (Although I can't remember the location of electric eels in the HTTYD universe, presumably Eel Island? ^)) Maybe there could be a similar thing for the Typhoomerang (not the Timberjack :P), where if you feed him/her an eel, it could create a fear effect, which would cause all the dragons nearby (enemies or not) to flee from the area for a specific amount of time. (I have no idea how this would logically work — maybe the other dragons can smell the eel on the Typhoomerang's breath? :/) If you tried to feed an eel to any other species apart from the Skrill or Typhoomerang, they would contract eel pox and you would need to go to a healer. You could also buy an eel pox antidote from a vendor (this could be someone in a village shop, a traveller in the wild, etc) or you could ask about the ingredients and you could make it yourself.

IMPORTANT NOTICE