Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ideas for HTTYD game
Topic Started: 25 Mar 2019, 07:43 (45146 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragondog
25 Mar 2019, 02:59
It's kinda tough because he's another online friend on another forum, and he doesn't log on much. I can send him an email, but I'm trying to think of how to word it so I don't end up annoying him :P
Okay. :)
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I'm making progress on the script! :)
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I was thinking that it would be cool if there was a feature in the game where you could add a Terrible Terror to your dragon roster (I'm not sure if that would be the official name, but it would basically be a list of all the dragons that you have so far — if you wanted to switch the dragon that you were currently using, perhaps you could go to the Dragon Hangar on Berk, like the one seen in the HTTYD 2 game, but obviously much better designed) and you could use him/her to send Terror Mail for whatever reason. :)

@Dragonrider's Fury (at least I think it was you), I saw yesterday that you made a request for access on the first page of the script ('SCENE 1'), and I would give you permission, but I don't know how to enable access... ^)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Hey, good idea! There could be some quests that would require you to send a Terrormail, or if the game had online multiplayer (which I think we decided against), you could use it to talk with other players.
BooksAreLikeDragons
27 Mar 2019, 07:25
@Dragonrider's Fury (at least I think it was you), I saw yesterday that you made a request for access on the first page of the script ('SCENE 1'), and I would give you permission, but I don't know how to enable access... ^)
Hmm, that's annoying. Yeah, it was me. I wish I knew how to do allow access, so I could tell you how to do so, but I don't. :P
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Dragonrider's Fury
27 Mar 2019, 12:22
Hey, good idea! There could be some quests that would require you to send a Terrormail, or if the game had online multiplayer (which I think we decided against), you could use it to talk with other players.
BooksAreLikeDragons
27 Mar 2019, 07:25
Hmm, that's annoying. Yeah, it was me. I wish I knew how to do allow access, so I could tell you how to do so, but I don't. :P
That's a good idea! :)

I'll just have to look up how to allow access.

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I think I've enabled editing access now. The link to the first page is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-_t ... lMPX4q9-Jc

Or if you wanted the link to the whole folder (which I also allowed editing access for), here it is: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... l7U1ykjNM5

To be honest, I think it would be easier if I removed the editing access on the first scene and just continued to allow the access on the whole folder. (The reason why there isn't anything on the first two scenes is because I'm adjusting the script. :))

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Yay, I can now access it! Thanks! :D
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Great, you're welcome! :) I'll continue with adjusting the script.

I think I finally found some good software for changing the images of the dragons into drawings. It's called Sketch Drawer. I'll try to download and use it on my laptop within the next few days, and I'll show the results!

While I'm on my laptop, I'll also try to find some of the HTTYD models that I got a couple of years ago (summer 2016/17 I think) and send them to you, @Dragonrider's Fury. I think I have the riders and some dragon species as well. If Unity starts working for you, hopefully you could make some more. :)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

I've got an update. Sketch Drawer didn't really work, so I've downloaded some different software, and I've made some example pictures with a stock image of the Night Fury from the first film. I'd like it if you could tell me which one would be the most realistic to put in the Book of Dragons — i.e. which style looks the closest to the sketches seen in the films. I personally like the oil pastel sketch and 'Painting 9 (watercolour)'. I've also added another image as a comparison.

Here's the folder on Google Drive (which is called 'HTTYD pictures'): https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Zw8ph_12pU

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

I think "Pencil sketch 3 (colour)" looks the closest.