Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
This is Berk.
Topic Started: 11 Apr 2014, 19:03 (35602 Views)
ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

This is Berk "It's twelve days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death. It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery. We have fishing, hunting a and a charming view of the sunsets. It snows nine months of the year and hails the other three. The food that grows here is tough and tasteless, the people thay grow here are even more so. Boasting the kind of balmy fun-in-the-sun climate that will give you frostbite on your spleen. Winter on Berk lasts most of the year. It hangs on with both hands and won't let go. We've got ice, we've got snow… and we've got more ice. For generations it was dragon against viking. But now with Vikings on the backs of Dragons, the whole world just got a whole lot bigger. "

want to join? Sign up here WoD Sign Up

Few Quick Rules

Hooligans-live on the isle of Berk. They are peaceful and kind. They do not agree with slavery.

Hooligans
WOD'S Legend
Bold = the Chiefs/Chief's Dragons
Italics = Riders/Their Dragons
Bold Italics = Chief's Sons/Daughters and their dragons (if they have any)
Normal = everyone else and wild dragons
Vikings
We have... Dragons
Dragons
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

It's Thawfest!
Come on in and join the fun!

"Every year on Berk, we come together to test our strength and courage in the annual Thawfest games. For some of us it's not such a great time of year. For others, we get to show off not only our axe throwing skills but our log dodging, rock climbing and much more. And this year for the 4th anual time the Thawfest games will include....Dragons!" - Hiccup.

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

[Use these brackets for ooc. And yay! It's up! I'll add this to the master thread!]
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

ChaseMagnus
Dragon-Hugger

"Tuffnut!! WAKE UP IT'S THAWFEST!!!!!" yelled Ruffnut. She then proceeded to whack him over the head with a shield that was lying on the floor next to his bed.
"Owww Ruff! What was that?" Tuff asks sleepily
"A very heavy shield" she replies nonchalantly.
"Oh. DO IT AGAIN!"
She pushes him off his bed and runs towards the front door.
"See ya at the arena Tuff!" she yells over her shoulder.
"Wait for me he yells!" and takes off behind her.
"There is Freedom waiting for you
On the breezes of the sky
And you ask 'What if I fall?'
'Oh but my darling,
what if you fly'..."

AndyMay

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

[Woot woot! Let's get this party started!]

*Meanwhile near the Arena*

"So every year, you celebrate the end of Winter with this 'Thawfest' Event?" Dany asked.

[can someone do me a favour and play the part of Stoick the Vast, I don't really want to write all of this part myself. By that I mean, if someone else writes him, it will sound much better]

DragonGirl8998
Hatchling

Asher sighed as she walked through the village. "I shouldn't be here... this was a stupid idea." she mused. Squeezing through villagers and visiting tribe member she moved towards the arena where they were setting up. She peered through the bars, looking for someone.

[I'll do it for now I guess? Forgive me if I suck.]

"We do actually, and this one of the first few years we invite other tribes." Stoick replied, while glancing around at other vikings who were preparing for the first few events. "And of course one of the first times we're having dragons included- HEY!" the Chief yelled at a viking. "Be careful with that!"

[I sounded worse that I thought I did... yikes....]
"I dream of angels but yet I live among demons"

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

Svalva sighed in annoyance. Where the Hel is Firelash? she thought as she slunk towards the Kill Ring where Gobber was setting up this years round of Thawfest games. Sitting down on the lip of the ring she glanced around wondering what each game was going to be like this year.

Noticing Gobber bend down and pick up a small cloth she leapt down to the floor of the ring. Svalva winced in pain as she landed on her foot awkwardly she ran towards Gobber.

"What's that for?" she asked curiously, pointing at the cloth.

"Eh, it's a bandana for yoy and yer dragon To test how you fly without sight," Gobber replied, glancing at the ebony-haired Viking.

"Oh. Themn we already know who's going to win that," Svalva snapped bitterly thinking about Toothless's supposed "see in the dark" ability.

Gobber shrugged leaving her with no answer as he walked away to set up more of the events.

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Swoosh

It was early in the day, a good day too. Thawfest. The fourth one involving dragons for that matter. The past three years more and more events were added, and each year after long hours of practice and Snotlout's constant teasing Hiccup was finally ready to win this one.

He was taking one last flight around Berk, more to ease his mind than anything.

And even better was that this year with a few other tribes coming to the island to join in, the whole Acadamy had a chance to win as a team.

He flew around rock islands and over trees.

Since the Acadamy was in use this morning he planned to meet up with the Riders outside the Great Hall. He was actually flying towarad there, but took his time soaring through the skies.

DragonGirl8998
Hatchling

Asher bit her lip in frustration and relief when she saw the person she was looking for hadn't arrivec yet. Pushing a stray piece of hair back beneath her ear. She turned around to go find Blade when she bumped into someone. "Sorry!" she said, before trying to move past them.
"I dream of angels but yet I live among demons"

AndyMay

[b]
[/color]
[/b]

DragonGIrl8998
16 Apr 2014, 21:08
Asher sighed as she walked through the village. "I shouldn't be here... this was a stupid idea." she mused. Squeezing through villagers and visiting tribe member she moved towards the arena where they were setting up. She peered through the bars, looking for someone.

[I'll do it for now I guess? Forgive me if I suck.]

"We do actually, and this one of the first few years we invite other tribes." Stoick replied, while glancing around at other vikings who were preparing for the first few events. "And of course one of the first times we're having dragons included- HEY!" the Chief yelled at a viking. "Be careful with that!"

[I sounded worse that I thought I did... yikes....]
[don't worry. It wasn't that bad, in fact, it's just what I needed!]

Dany

"And anyone is allowed to take part in these events?" Dany asked quizzically.

[I know these are short but I don't want to write stoick myself. And I think it would help with interaction if maybe someone else could cut in and answer this, seeing as Stoick has just seemingly walked off]