Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Dragon Wings - open to join!
Topic Started: 11 Apr 2014, 21:40 (48293 Views)
MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

*You can post your joining forms here, and discussion about the RP is allowed and encouraged, however there is a discussion thread if you want to have longer conversations without clogging the RP http://forums.berksgrapevine.com/topic/10221169/1/ . However, if you are posting here, please put OOC (out of character) things in parentheses or brackets.*

When the Vikings made peace with the dragons, they attracted the attention of a third party they'd never seen. The Dragonwings, winged humans with bladed dragon tails and illusion powers, watched the Vikings on Berk until they were sure they could trust them. Now, a year later, the Dragonwings have come out of the shadows, led by their queen, a young Dragonwing girl named Jaykala Kalana (Usually called Jay for short. Kalana is the title given to Dragonwing queens.) And she was riding a Night Fury, the only female Night Fury known to be alive. And every one of the Dragonwings, even the children, rode a dragon. Some Vikings are happy to accept the Dragonwings into the village, but some don't trust the riders who appeared from the shadows...

This RP takes place a year after the events of How To Train Your Dragon. Since the appearance of the Dragonwings definitely changes things, none of the things that happen in the second season of the show (if you've seen it.) You can be a Viking, a Dragonwing, or a dragon, and both canon characters and original characters are available. Dragonwings can speak to dragons and understand what they say, but humans don't have this ability. There are Dragonwings in other places, too, just so you know. Not sure if this matters or not, but whatever. Also, there is a new aspect that a Dragonwing can be part of a specific dragon heritage - half Nadder, half Monstrous Nightmare, etc. and families have the same wings, and the royal family are the ones with Night Fury wings. Every Dragonwing has powers from their parents specific to their dragon. If both their parents were Dragonwings, they have 2 powers, but if one parent was human, they only have 1 power. Powers are specific to the species, not the individual.

Powers that have been already determined -

Nadder: Spiked tail with shootable spines
Skrill: Redirect lightning
Night Fury: Fastest Dragonwings, very weak plasma blast with shot limit of one. You can't join as a Night Fury dragonwing right now - the only ones are Jay and Meyla - but that may change in the future.

Rules (I don't like them either, but they're necessary.)
1. No powerplaying
2. Please try to keep the proportion of species (Human, Dragonwing. There will probably be more dragons.) and genders even.
3. There are only two known Night Furies, Toothless and Ika (Jay's dragon), that the Dragonwings and Vikings know about, although all of the hidden ones have been discovered. There can be up to 3 Night Furies hiding, and a baby Night Fury as well, but you have to ask first. Currently the three adult wild Night Furies are available.
4. Be nice OOC (out of character).
5. Dragonwings only know dragon language because they grow up with them. A human character who grew up only among humans will not suddenly discover an ability to talk to dragons, although if they for some reason grew up with dragons they could be able to. Likewise, a Dragonwing who for some reason grew up away from dragons will not speak dragon language.
6. Please put the codeword 'potato' in your form. I know codewords are annoying, but this makes it so I can find all the forms just by searching for potato. It also ensures that you have read the rules, which you should have done anyway.
7. If you join while I am not on you can still rp until I get on to approve you.
8. You can only ride one large dragon, you can have a small dragon like a Terrible Terror as well (Like Hiccup had both Toothless and Sharpshot (that was the terror's name, right?)) but you can't have two dragons large enough to ride.
9. If you have a canon character or a character that is very important to the RP at that point (like if you're leading some kind of expedition as an example) you must be active.

Dragon language words (anyone can make up their own just say what it means, for example you can have a dragon whose name means something)

Ika=Star
Kalana=Queen
Dreki Vaenger=Dragonwing
Dreki=Dragon
Vaenger=Wing
Riya=Flame
Flaern=River
Kiyana=Rider
Nael=Night
Kirl=Fury
Naelkirl=Night Fury
Diac=Empty
Diac Nael=Empty Night, a Dragonwing curse (note: I didn't make up the phrase 'empty night' as a swear, it's from the Dresden Files)

Here is an example of what a Dragonwing looks like, drawn by me:

Human Form
Dragon Wing Form
Dragon Form
If you want to check out the original roleplay, go to http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/vi ... #p65529495
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MudkipStar

Species/Gender ratios:

Species: 6 Dragonwings/5 humans

Format: Name/Nickname/Gender/Age/Rider of or ridden by or wild/Other/RP'd by

Humans (5)

Samuel/Sam/Male/10/No dragon/RP'd by MudkipStar
~
Dagur the Deranged/Dagur, That One Really Insane Berserker Leader/Male/18/No dragon/Leader of the Berserkers/RP'd by MudkipStar
~
Pandora/Female/20/Rider of Phoenix/From another island, speaks Dragon (grew up with only her dragon)/RP'd by MC_Oceans
~
Phil/Male/35/No dragon/From another island, hasn't been to Berk/RP'd by MC_Oceans
~
Abby/Female/21/No dragon, but attempting to tame Flaern/From another island/RP'd by MC_Oceans

Dragonwings (5)

Jaykala Kalana/Jay/Female/14/Rider of Ika/Queen of the Dragonwings/RP'd by MudkipStar
~
Amber/Female/15/Rider of Storm/From another island/RP'd by MudkipStar
~
Mina Kiyana/Kiyana, Ki/Female/18/Rider of Riya/RP'd by MudkipStar
~
Meyla/May/Female/17/Dragon is Kaida/RP'd by Moonlitstars
~
Frederick/Aaru/Male/17/Afraid of dragons/From another island/RP'd by MC_Oceans
~
Grima/Male/15/Rider of Lloyd/From another island/RP'd by MC_Oceans

Dragons

Night Furies (1)

Ika/Star/Female/14/Ridden by Jay/RP'd by MudkipStar
~

Deadly Nadders (1)

Storm/Male/15/Ridden by Amber/From another island/RP'd by MC_Oceans

Monstrous Nightmares (2)

Riya/Flame/Female/18/Ridden by Kiyana/RP'd by MudkipStar
~
Phoenix/Female/8/Ridden by Pandora/From another island/RP'd by MC_Oceans

Gronckles (1)

Flaern/River/Male/15/Wild/Obsessed with shiny objects/RP'd by MudkipStar

Hideous Zipplebacks

Terrible Terrors

Thunderdrums (1)

Darren/Lloyd/Male/6/Ridden by Grima/From another island/RP'd by MudkipStar

Scauldrons

Typhoomerangs

Grapple Grounders (1)

Kaida/Kay/Female/1/Wild/RP'd by Moonlitstars

Other species of dragon can be added

Other (note: please don't try to join as another animal, this was a one-time thing)
Derik/Dar/Male/Young adult/Is a squirrel/Can talk/RP'd by MC_Oceans
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
i have 2 pet buns

MudkipStar

My current characters. All from other RP

Jaykala Kalana
Ika
Samuel
Amber
Darren
Dagur the Deranged
Mina Kiyana
Riya
Flaern
(Yeah, I know, far too many charries…)
hi im réka
i have 2 pet buns

Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

Meyla Kalana
Kaida

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

Phoenix
Pandora
Storm
Derik
Phil
Abby
Frederick
Grima
This is long, I have a lot of charries too.
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle

MudkipStar

(Berknation, what about Syra? And the adorable baby Night Fury? Are you not going to use them here?)

(Also I'll add both you guys to the list!)
hi im réka
i have 2 pet buns

Dan_Oceans

BerkNation has a baby night fury? How could I have missed that? Thanks for the edit, I forgot to format it that way
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"

MudkipStar

(Berknation you say Kaida's Meyla's dragon but Kaida is apparently ownerless… is Kaida going to be her dragon when she grows up or is it a coincidence/typo?

You also say Species: Grapple Grounder then under Appearance say 'A black night fury'. I'm putting her under Night Furies for now)
hi im réka
i have 2 pet buns

Dan_Oceans

[I is sorry if Derik is going to be a pain, I had to put him in so Abby could have a friend]

MudkipStar

(It's fine - I just don't want this turning into a roleplay with all kinds of different animals.)
hi im réka
i have 2 pet buns