Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Looking for a name for the twins, Any Ideas??
Mark(rider) 3 (12%)
Scar(dragon) 5 (19%)
Braden(r) 5 (19%)
Broadneck(d) 1 (4%)
Forlost(r) 2 (8%)
Peersight(d) 2 (8%)
Drago(r) 3 (12%)
NightFlame(d) 5 (19%)

Brothers in Arms. (info thread)
Topic Started: 19 Apr 2014, 12:29 (5542 Views)
Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

EVERYBODY- this roleplay has moved to a new topic:
AND IT IS OPEN FOR POSTING!!!

You must read and follow the rules of the role play, Which are the first post.

http://forums.berksgrapevine.com/topic/10214280/1/ (NEW TOPIC URL)

Poll 1:
The naming poll above has closed- all further votes will be ignored.
The Rider will be:Braden
The Dragon will be: Scar

Poll 2:
The dragon species poll is closed. The name has been changed to Salt. He will appear at some point in the role play after scene 5

Poll 3:
The What type of villain poll has closed :p verdict:Female Dragon

Poll 4+5:
The name and species polls are closed :p verdict:A Singing death named Lilyth

This topic is now used as a 'public suggestion desk' for the role play.
Here you can:
Pitch ideas for scenes, plotlines and new characters
Take polls i set up relevant to the role play
Talk to each other about the role play, exchange writing tips, anything :P
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

Sounds pretty cool!
But isn't this RP... well we would only need 2 more characters for the brothers. Anyone else would just be the other charries from HTTYD.
So I don't know how many people you want to join, but if you'd like more, open it up so others can join and play characters like Astrid, Gobber, Snotlout, Hookfang, Stormfly, etc...

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

oh no that's what i mean: I would play the brothers (by that i mean the rider and dragon i invented), and anyone can create another backstory to a new character or play an existing character.

we can chop and change roles but maybe keep one specific to yourself (i'll add say your name to the description beside a chosen character) so that whenever you're online you can play that character and no one else can but if you're off they can , if that makes sense

I'd like to keep it 3rd person anyway btw.

I'm trying to make it more of a rolling improvised fanfiction, with everyone as the writers :)

testing the adaptation of imagination :)

AND of course thank you!!

Like whoever wants to claim hiccup, toothless go ahead, although I'm in favour of selecting them in pairs unless the character isn't a dragon without a rider or visa versa. but i claim my two characters off the bat, any inventions u have tell me and if we can write it in we'll do it, but yeah any character existing or not can feature

[Revision: I will keep any and all invented characters exclusive to the inventor]
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

So OC's would be allowed as well? Other than the twins?
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

If you mean Original/invented Character's then yeah :) but I do want to keep it as close to the main cast as possible :p and i really don't want there to be any other night furies because it could take away from some of the storylines that i have in my head.

Also I want to approve of them too, and how we write them in is also important.

Mine for instance already has a lot of different roads it could go down, and some scenes could get very deep and meaningfull and that.

Just try to keep it light and funny as you would expect from the real characters. :)

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

The poll will close in exactly 24 hours....

I am also unsure how to close it :/ if anyone could tell me how that'd be great :p

(Just learned that Drago is going to be a character in the new movie :L)

Well turns out I can't close it :/ so the two names with the highest votes at 21:00 on 20/04/07 (GMT +00) will be the one's I will use- any ties and I will be the tie-break vote.

The role play will begin immediately afterwards, if no one is on I will do it myself as a fan fiction but anyone can jump in as they see fit :)

And remember- some laughs, some life lessons and a twist here and there and we'll all have a good time :p

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

One last thing..

I want NO submissions for dragons species/human characters that will be in the second movie!!

This is so that when the second movie comes out we can work through the plot and scenes on this and add in our characters, who will have to react to these new dragons that they have never seen before :P

submissions from the books are welcomed as well as invented species :)

If you want to 'claim exclusivity rights' (as i'm going to call it) over a character pre existing pm me :) any you invent are automatically yours. (But these must be approved by me first)

The first scene will start at 22:00 20/04/2014 (GMT +00) following the announcement of the names of Toothless' brother as well as Hiccup's twin at 21:00.[Can't wait]

Private message me for ALL character submissions, and ideas on scenes, thank you :)

ChaseMagnus
Dragon-Hugger

Sounds interesting! I would like to join but I'm not sure. See I have my five year finals coming up and it may be hard for me to take part in so many RPs at once as I may not have the time. And I don't wanna join if I know I won't be as active as I could be. But I'll let you know by the time the RP starts.
"There is Freedom waiting for you
On the breezes of the sky
And you ask 'What if I fall?'
'Oh but my darling,
what if you fly'..."

Berknation

[color=red]
[b]Titan Wing
[/b]
[/color]

YEah I'd like to join, either as a cast charry or an OC.
But maybe not until next week- ONE MORE EXAM TO GO! :D

The plots and everything are describing is unclear... but I get the idea. I don't think playing through the HTTYD2 plot is a good idea. Make our own!
You just have to choose WHEN the RP takes place? When Hiccup is 15? 20? in between somewhere?

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Brilliant :) it will be based after the first movie when he's say 17, thanks for the feedback, the plot thing was only an idea :p the plots are unclear because its up to everyone what happens, the first few scenes will be my own introduction into the academy, and my family.

I've written the whole first scene myself to show everyone what i'm heading at, and once that is posted tomorrow after the rules are (some are kinda harsh i admit but meh :p) and a quick intro is.

Once that has been posted all other scenes become interactive :)

And from now on could everyone please send pm's with those kinda thoughts? It'll be one of the rules... as from the roleplays i've seen already on here, they get much harder to understand for a reader who hasn't been there the whole time with messages like that breaking it up, it gets really incoherent :p but thanks anyway, once it starts though I'd be really grateful if those messages could be kept to pm :)