Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Roleplay: Brothers in Arms
Topic Started: 24 May 2014, 12:35 (16792 Views)
MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

Jay heard Volt's howl and stood up, alarmed, running towards the source to see what was wrong.
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

JoZ
Pro fangirl

Crisalida and Jo were roaming the village when they heard a howl. They went up trying to find the dragon that let that animal like howl.

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

[INTERMISSION- probably spanning a couple of weeks, I've got my final exams starting in a couple of days]

[RESUMED] - after a long wait- and good luck with reading the long intro :P

"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Hovering just four stories off the ground was a collection of unknown dragons circling Berk. At the instruction of their mistress they released in unison a smoke cloud to cover the entire village shrouding it's dwellings in darkness. Above the manufactured black smoke cloud blanket Lilyth and Salt moved forward a few feet and her ears twitched as did those of every dragon on Berk. From the skrill, the terrible terrors to the pair of night furies- every dragon heard her call.

Scar took to the sky, as did a sea of other dragons, fading into the shadowed darkness of the clouds. Each being sought by their rider. Toothless pounded to the tallest building screaming after his brother, both dragons were frantic. Neither were themselves. "Toothless!!" Hiccup wailed at the dragon who was emptying his lungs into the night. Toothless shot a lone plasma blast into the mass of clouds, as it exploded it cast a purple-blue light over the amassed dragons which circled Berk. Each of their shadows became visible- ten... fifty... one hundred... Braden tried to guess how many were up there. There numbers constantly increasing with the influx of Berk's own dragon population...

"Rise- Dragons of Berk and greet your new master" Lilyth grinned maliciously surveying her new followers as they breached the surface of the clouds. One by one the dragons obeyed her call and hovered within the circle of her loyalists. "Now- where are my night furies....?" Salt clumsily gliding over the new 'recruits' spotted Scar the moment he broke the surface. His dark figure silhouetted in purple-blue and neon . "There Mistress!"...

"Hmm... now I thought I killed you..." as she caught her first view of this dragon the singing death faltered... then paused in thought momentarily before continuing "oh-ho-ho this is perfect!" she exclaimed as she slinked forward in the air- almost dancing in delight as she flew, whispering gleefully into his right ear. "You look so like your father" Scar's ears twitched to the sound of her voice as it compelled him to remain silent. His insides were screaming...

"You know- you shouldn't be here right now..." she slinks beneath him in a barrel roll leaning to his other ear. "who knew they had family?" she smiled malevolently into his face as they hovered opposite each other. "Shame with what happened..."

On the ground Toothless was flailing his wings trying as hard as he may to fly- as if it was in his nature to do so, as if he HAD to be up there. To reach as high a point as possible he had scaled the roof of the tallest house in sight, one which overlooked an open area which was filling with villagers. His ears were vibrating wildly and it was physically paining him to resist the call of the singing death above. He fell from atop the wooden ledge of the village house and crashed in a writhing ball on the ground. By this point all of the vikings had gathered around the epicenter of the commotion.

"Toothless... what's wrong bud?" Hiccup rushed over with Braden on his tail. His dragon, his friend, was mindless, his body thrashing the ground, claws grinding the dirt. Hiccup attempted to approach but was hit aside by a wing, knocking him into Braden who caught Hiccup and helped him to keep his balance. He crouched low and reached out a hand to touch him, creeping closer, but Toothless would not calm "It's ok I'm here..."...

"Oh... and here is your... brother? huh looks just like your mother" Lilyth remarked as she emerged in a plume of smoke clouds followed by Scar both landed feet from Toothless, watching in silence over the wailing night fury at the rider desperately trying to calm him. The vikings were in shock, not one was frightened of this comparably and seemingly frail dragon accompanying Scar. "Calm Dragon and let me look at you." Toothless halted his pained panic and sat head high and looking straight ahead. Hiccup was dumbfounded- unable to move...

"You have even less free will than your parents did" she giggled to herself, then exhaled an unnervingly cold breath over his face - all the vikings in sight were silent. "At least they could hide you two from me" she paused and slapped Toothless in the face with a claw. Toothless didn't even bat an eyelid. She laughed loudly "Weak!" Hiccup rushed forward in a defensive yet weary manner... he was trying to get in between his dragon and this aggressor and perhaps bond with her.

Lilyth glanced briefly in his direction and there was a visible resonance in the movement of her and Toothless' ears. They vibrated in unison and Toothless turned to Hiccup with a blank stare and with a quick flick of his tail Hiccup fell on his back and his prosthetic bashed off a rock and bent out of shape. The burly vikings and the entirety of the Berk dragon trainers surrounded the scene as it developed- there was an audible intake of breathe. "Toothless...?" there was no reaction... "c'mon bud... look at me..." he paused, his shallow breathes the only sound other than a low hum of flapping dragon wings above the black cloud blanket...

Braden went to help his brother up, lifting an arm over his shoulder and heaving most of Hiccup's body weight onto himself to make up for what was now, a useless prosthetic. Hiccup's attention was solely placed on his dragon who's gaze was distant no matter where his eyes pointed. "look at me... please .... Toothless!?" Braden began helping him forcefully away from the dragon and into the crowd. "LOOK AT ME!!" his voice was breaking under the stress...

Braden and Hiccup disappeared into the mass of people, Hiccup although reluctant had grown to trust his new brother in the six weeks they had known each other. Braden led Hiccup into the dark shadows behind a nearby house... and further away into the night... watched closely only by Astrid and some other members of the academy. They would have followed were it not for their dragons acting just as oddly.

Lilyth inspected the crowd of on-lookers and looked to the sky her ears twitched and so did those of Scar and each dragon above the clouds. "kill them all"... Only Stoick saw the root of her intent. "Defenses! NOW!"...
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

ChaseMagnus
Dragon-Hugger

Vlad watched as the black smoke settled over Berk and as everything fell into chaos. All the dragons of Berk, wild or tamed, suddenly took to the skies without their riders. He watched helplessly as even Scar took to the skies. The dragons of Berk met up with another mass of dragons in the sky, their number now uncountable. He listened to the monotonous beating of the wings of hundreds of dragons above his head. They all seemed to be circling a lone dragon at their center. Then something shocked him.
"Ouch Volt! Watch where you spark! Wait...........VOLT!" Vlad had only just realized that Volt was still beside him, now sparking up more than ever. Whatever trance the other dragons were under, it didn't seem to affect Volt.
"Come on Volt, let's go find the others and find out what's going on."

The pair approached a group of vikings in the center of the town. He and Volt cut through the crowd easily, no one daring to oppose the Skrill. He arrived at the center of the crowd just in time to see a frail but beautiful dragon land in it's midst. Also at the center of the circle was Hiccup and Toothless. Toothless was writhing in pain and Hiccup was trying to soothe him to no avail. Then, the frail one let go a soft hum and Toothless calmed, his face settling into one of unfocused despondency, his eyes focused on nothing in particular. Volt had also stopped sparking at the sight of the other dragon, melting into the crowd. She only however seemed concerned with Toothless. It was then he noticed that Scar was walking next to it. Why wasn't he attacking the thing. It was then he realized that Scar had the same expression as Hiccup. He was dumbfounded. He could only look on quietly as an entire scene unfolded before him, his mind struggling to piece everything together into a comprehensible answer. He saw the dragon claw at Toothless and Toothless did nothing about it. He also saw Toothless nearly knock Hiccup out cold and the dragon at the center seemed to sneer at this. It was her. She had the other dragons under some sort of spell!
He watched as Braden dragged a fighting Hiccup away from the crowd. He followed them, Volt padding quietly along besides him. Volt also seemed shaken by the encounter, as if he knew exactly how powerful the dragon was and refused to oppose her. Before he left he saw the look in the dragons eyes and knew exactly what she was thinking.
They were about to be attacked by their own dragons.
He ran off towards Hiccup, Braden and the others.
"There is Freedom waiting for you
On the breezes of the sky
And you ask 'What if I fall?'
'Oh but my darling,
what if you fly'..."

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Reading back years later on all of these topics that I took part in, the different person I was... it's astounding. You changed me for the better. Thanks so much for that.

You guys are amazing ^_^
My favourite thing about the franchise is you guys. ;)

Mark x.