Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Roleplay: Brothers in Arms
Topic Started: 20 Apr 2014, 00:58 (16781 Views)
Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Hello, this role play is now OPEN :)
The plot is split into scenes, when I say a scene has started you can write, once I say it has finished you don't :) Please read all of the rules and every post which follows them :) enjoy :P
Spoiler: click to toggle
Original Characters
#note1: Questions and tips can also be directed to the following thread:
http://forums.berksgrapevine.com/topic/10213101/1/
This will also include polls relevant to this roleplay which can be voted on :p

#note2: If you want to read scenes 1-5 they are available without interruption at:
http://forums.berksgrapevine.com/topic/10238568/1/#new
Readers can comment in both threads above :)
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

The Format and The Plot:
The basic idea is we split the lives of our characters into scenes so its like a fan fiction where anyone can be a writer :) The plot has no geographical range- (you can go anywhere)

The first scene will be completely written by myself as I open the plot, from then on all scenes are interactive.

The story will begin as Hiccup and Toothless meet a strange boy- resembling Hiccup- riding a night fury-resembling Toothless- (secrets to be revealed)

The events will take place as Hiccup and the academy are 17 going on 18 years of age, before the plot of the second movie.

As the scenes progress, we together will improvise the plot as we introduce our characters to new problems, characters (created by you) and experiences. I reserve the right to introduce your invented characters as I see fit. (you can give me your description/backstory in a private message)

The first scene will be posted in the format they all will be at 22:00 GMT +00(London) on 20/04.

(PLEASE REMEMBER: THE ONLY TIME YOU POST IS DURING A ROLEPLAY and other than that its a private message.)

As regards the format: Before each scene starts I will post the pre existing characters available for control, a small intro to the happenings in the scene and the claimed or invented characters, as well as the writers involved. I will also give a title to the scene for reference. I will end a scene by using the notation [END SCENE ONE: BROTHERS REUNITE] - (using the title of the first chapter as an example)

Private message if you want more info....:)

ANNOUNCEMENT: Would anyone who wants to write please p.m. me even if you have already, so that I can make a little database of your names, thank you :p If you have not received a "permission to write has been given to you"-message then please p.m. me requesting it.
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

ANNOUNCEMENT: The naming poll has closed
The names of the characters will be: Rider=Braden and Dragon=Scar

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Scene Info:Scene One
Time and date: 22:00 20/04/2014 (London)

Title:
Brothers Reunite

Characters involved:
Major Characters:Toothless, Hiccup.
Minor Characters:Astrid, Stormfly, Fishlegs, Snotlout, Gobber.
Invented characters:Braden, Scar

Writers involved:
Dragon's Apprentice(me)

Intro:
Hiccup and Toothless take a night-time flight over Berk, as the people go to the Great Hall for a feast Hiccup and Toothless meet some mysterious characters.

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

[START OF SCENE ONE- BROTHERS REUNITE]

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Toothless and his rider Hiccup enjoy a full mooned flight over Berk. The town is lit by small fire torches, while the people prepare for a night spent drinking in the great hall. Astrid sat beside Stormfly giving the pair a good hearted wave, Hiccup smirked and returned the courtesy. Snotlout chased Fishlegs in the square, why? Hiccup didn't want to know. "C'mon Fishlegs just tell me if it looks infected!!!"
" .... Okay well that's not scarring" Hiccup sighed sarcastically. Gobber rests his 'scivees' out on a rack outside the forge. Hiccup hoped what was dripping from them was water. He shuddered at the thought. With a flick of his heel he and Toothless bank left gliding towards the darkened forest.
The cool air brushed through Hiccups hair and struck a nerve in his skin. He immediately moved to turn Toothless home for the night of celebration in the warmth of the dragon fires in the Great Hall, but Toothless continued straight. His ears pricked to the left as he motions in that direction. Hiccup obliged. "What's goin' on bud?" he patted the hard yet warm scales of his dragons neck. Toothless called into the night.

The shout nearly deafening his rider. Hiccup puts his ear to his shoulder as he doesn't have the use of his hands. He glares into the darkness ahead trying to understand what had Toothless acting this way. An echo hit Hiccup's ear. It was a night fury, but it wasn't toothless.

Toothless picks up speed and shouts again, sending a plasma blast high into the sky acting as a beacon. The returning call this time was louder, and moving towards the blue hue in the black sky. A shadow passes some stars, flicking them out like dying lights. Its getting larger... or closer. Hiccup goes to dive to avoid the darkened figure. But it's too quick, and the shapeless mass tackles the dragon-rider coupling to the ground.
Hiccup rolled out from under Toothless and looks back to see him pinned...by another night fury. "Hey, wa-a-aahhh...." He turned to a whisper as he realised there was a rider atop the night fury. The dragon atop the pile was inspecting toothless quickly before licking his face a number of times, Toothless then returned the favour.

Hiccup looked on in shock, speechless. "eh... ok...". The rider dismounted from his dragon and ran to Toothless repeating the mysterious inspection. "A saddle... hmm... practical" The stranger spoke looking more closely at the contraption. his hand rubbing his chin. "A connecting rod, a little heavy" He prods it with prying fingers"... leading all the way to his....." a long pause followed. "...tail" He turns to the bewildered Hiccup and helps him up off the ground while shaking his hand "Braden, at your service", the moonlight caught their faces and they stared at each other, both squinted. "eh...Hiccup...at yours" They examined eachothers features. In unison they backed away from eachother, hand on mouth and gasping.

The night furies lay next to each other heads lifted in confusion at their riders' reaction to each other. Hiccup and the new rider, crouched their heads slightly forward and approached their clone slowly. They seemed as though they were mimicking each other. "No way...." both now smiling. Hiccup did not see a new rider, he saw himself only... a little dirtier, worse for wear. "who ...?" Hiccup asked... [or at least had started to ask] "....are you?" The other boy finished his question.

The dragons let out throaty chuckles as they watched the pair, the new night fury noticing the makeshift tail on Toothless for the first time, sniffs at it then looks at him, head quirked to the side. "Who is that?!?" Hiccup let his gaze drift from his doppelganger to the pair of seemingly identical reptiles. "Well, we're brothers" the silhouette grinned. "Me... and you?" Hiccup was dumbfounded. "No me and them, your just the guy who fixed up my brother..."
"I'm kinda also the guy who....well... broke him..." Hiccup looked obviously uncomfortable
"Wait so you..?!" After a short pause the silhouette knocked Hiccup to the ground with a hard push to his chest, pinning him with the same hand, he raised his opposite fist for the second blow, Hiccup squirms to no avail. Toothless intervenes, jumping over quickly and putting himself between the violent stranger and his friend. He bared his teeth ready to strike with a claw if needs be.

"Toothless! No!" Hiccup screamed. The stranger relaxed, toothless subduing him without complaint. "Toothless? Is that what you call him?" he smiles, "He's got a fairly hard bite to be called Toothless" he winked at the dragon. Toothless relaxed himself, sitting himself upright his head high and neck vertical. "You seem like your talking from experience..."
"Well that's because I am, who hasn't fought with their brothers? Both of them have given me some hefty scars " Toothless shrugs his head and raises his nose to the sky and chuckles once. "Well, I don't exactly see the resemblance there"
"That's not what a brother is." the boy said frankly "nonetheless..." he clasped his hands together "...we need some food. You wouldn't happen to have any? Would you? It's been days"

Everyone on Berk at this point had embarked and arrived at the great hall except for the four who were still in transit. Hiccup was fretting and was uneasy as he flew. The moon their only light, they were invisible. Hiccup allows the stranger to follow him and toothless to the village, they glide together in a synchronised rhythm. "Another night fury... Amazing" Hiccup thought to himself. "And a rider... that we didn't train.... who also looks exactly like me. My Dad is going to freak...."

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

[END OF SCENE ONE - BROTHER'S REUNITE]

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

ANNOUNCEMENT: Now that the first scene is posted all following it will be interactive!!

List of Registered Writers:
Dragon's Apprentice,
AuroraBorealis,
Berknation,
ChaseMagnus,
draco,
MudkipStar,
Hope_and_Heir,
Zer0x.

All registered writers will receive a pm when a scene is to start.

Read at your leisure but if you are not on this list YOU CANNOT WRITE!

No characters have been claimed yet (Do this in a private message!!)

(Info u may want to know: The title of scene two is 'THE GREAT HALL KERFUFFLE')
I will be claiming the lines of Stoick the Vast in scene 2 as i plan to have him reveal Braden's backstory. (secrets to be revealed)

Thanks :) and have fun :p Any feedback? Tell me in a private message :p

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

ANNOUNCEMENT:

A new poll has been posted to the following thread- http://forums.berksgrapevine.com/topic/ ... poll444474

It concerns the creation of a new species of dragon- A Night Terror (possible other names could be suggested)
(It is a subspecies of terrible terror which is pitch black in colour and has a weak-ish lightning blast)
The new character would be very minor in the plot and would be named Volt.

PLEASE VOTE :)

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Scene Info:Scene Two
Time and date: 22:00 21/04/2014 (London)

Title:
The Great Hall Kerfuffle

Characters involved:
Major Characters:Toothless, Hiccup, Stoick.
Minor Characters: The Academy and the Townsfolk.
Invented characters:Braden, Scar.

Writers involved:
Dragon's Apprentice(me)
MudkipStar

Intro:
Hiccup and Toothless have returned from their flight and have arrived at the great hall and they have brought their new companions.