Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
A Winter Storm; An Introduction to RolePlaying (Open)
Topic Started: 23 Apr 2014, 22:46 (1416 Views)
Lageos
Member Avatar
Gronckle

Here are some general rules for this thread:
1. No Nightfuries or Seadragonus-Giganticus-Maximuses (Red deaths)
2. No God-modding (this means do not make your characters over powered)
3. Do not control other peoples characters without their consent.
4. Characters from the series cannot be controlled just by one member as in James cant call dibs on having Stoick be their character.
5. Be respectful to other members
6. Crude humour is allowed but no sexual content and/or Swearing

Here are some rules on how your posts should be:
1. Write in third person only, as in “He did” not “I did”
2. Write in past tense, as in “He did” not “He does”
3. Any Out of Character chat (OoC) should be in double brackets ((...)) or [[...]] or {{...}}.
4. Try to be mindful to other member's posts as they may contain information on changing events.
5. No one liner posts, try to keep it more than one paragraph.

Helpful tips for writing:
1. Details, yes details are key to making your posts professional, try describing the setting (the setting is by far my favourite thing to describe), a character's action/movement (whether it be your character or another members), or the emotion of your character and/or the mood of the environment. Description adds bulk to your post so it does not look skimpy, it is actually quite fun to read as well.
2. Refer to other character's actions when posting, it is always good to keep other members characters in mind while posting, this is mostly called for when characters are doing something that draws attention like two characters having a fight.
3. Lastly, Quality over quantity, you want to make yourself good, read over your post for any grammatical errors and/or spelling errors. There are a few instances where you can have both quality and quantity and that is when you include lots of details, because you can never go wrong with details.

The Great hall, it had existed for years and was the hub of the bustling village of berk, people ate there, held meetings there, traded there, and now quite frankly, everyone was sick of it. Sick of the inscription and dragon etched pillars, the vibrant and proud banners, the stale, smoke laced air, they where sick of the being stuck in the hall with each other. There was a loud clunk followed by the sound of the howling wind as the massive door opened, a large figure appeared, Stoick, within seconds a second boom rung out as the massive door was shut behind him. Snow fell from the cold air that had swept in behind him, the white flakes eventually finding themselves on the ground by the door. “Listen up everyone, The dragons are safely in their pens, but-” Stoick boomed in a loud authoritative voice, but found himself cut off by cheers “But they only have a few more days worth of rations” He continued louder, the cheers had died and became a mummer of worry among the people who had dragons “If this storm does not die down by then, we will have more than a few frozen dragons when it finally stops, tomorrow, we will discuss potential groups to go out to scavenge, but until then, rest up.” with that Stoick walked over to a table and sat down, leaving everyone in utter shock.

~o0o0o~

Thorin looked around, his sea-blue eyes shifted from person to person, shock, pain, sadness, disbelief is what he saw plastered on most peoples faces, a few others were like him, simply observing the rest of the people. For him, he was not worried about his dragon, after all, Bolt was forged in blistering cold temperatures with the hammer of Thor, if worst came to worst, all Thorin would have to do is wait for the reptile to de-thaw. But there he was looking around, seeing others go through stinging emotions. While looking around Thorin noticed one thing, that over time two massive groups had formed the younger vikings and the older vikings, and between both of them no one was talking. Outwardly groaning Thorin knew what he had to do, otherwise he would go insane in the quiet hall, slowly he got to his feet his whole body ached from sitting still for so long in the mood killing atmosphere. “Uh, hello, could I get everyone's attention?” he looked around the group of young vikings who ranged from ages of four to twenty five “Um” he choked out but cleared his throat before he continued “I think we should do a Meet and Greet before this silence drives us all crazy, and maybe after we could all chat” he let off a small chuckle before continuing again “I guess I should start, I'm Thorin, or as some of you know me as; Nightmare, Both names where given to me because quite frankly, I can't remember anything before I met my Skrill, Bolt, who in turn nearly Killed me, Twice, wait, No Four times,since our initial meeting, and our initial meeting was where I lost my memories, and ever since, I have been living here in berk, earning my keeping by guarding and fishing. Alright, that is enough about me, can someone else take over from here?” as soon as he was finished the Young man plopped back down onto his bench.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote