Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Berk's Colony 1 [open]
Topic Started: 13 May 2014, 17:26 (41435 Views)
Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

A group of random people are selected to be the first people to colonize another planet. It is the year 3068 and faster-than-light travel has been perfected. Hiccup and his friends are headed for a planet they named Berk. The dominant species are dragons. Berk is very mountainous and mountain springs are the main source of water. The technology they’re bringing with them are stun guns, instant building houses the size of a double wide mobile home.

I couldn't have put this into words without the help of BerkNation. Thanks to her for helping me.

OCs and canon charries are allowed.
Humanoid form
Dragon form
Natives aren't known about yet, but feel free to apply for such a charrie

Humans can't understand dragons. Dragons understand each other and the colonists [a little, they're more intuitive as to what the the colonists want and the colonists mistake it for understanding them.]

Submit forms on the thread or the RP Discussion thread BerkNation put up.
rules
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dan_Oceans

Charrie list Unavailable-Update coming soon
Name: Frederick Oceans
Nickname: Aaru
Personality: basically me
History: Was chosen for his courage and leadership. [More to add later.]
Appearance:
Frederick
Dragon: Not yet

Name: Pandora Oceans
Nickname(s): Pan, Panda [only to her closest friends]
Personality: Rough around the edges, but wise beyond her years
History: She was chosen for the mission for her strength and intelligence. She knows how to use her left-handedness to her advantage in hand-to-hand combat if need be.
Appearance:
Pandora
Dragon: not yet
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"

The Puppeteer

[color=#003b6f]"Beware the man who speaks in hands"
[/color]

Colonist Form:
Name: Hunter Agustin Insane
Nickname [if any]: -
Personality: Creative, clever and confident, but shy, weak and has short temper.
History: Hunter is one of the scientists that came along to explore Berk, to find a new life away from Earth. His life was pretty hard, always losing somebody he loved. He's always doodling new inventions, which he plans to work on. Was chosen for the voyage because of his skills and his great work.
Appearance: Has curly, black hair; round, dark brown eyes; tanned skin. He's around 6 foot tall.
Dragon [optional]: StormRider; Gallifreyan Stormcutter
Native or Colonist: Colonist
Other: He's working on a robot, but the lack of parts made him delay it.

Dragon Form:
Name: StormRider
Nickname [If any]: Stormy
Personality: Zippy, smart, curious, clingy and alert.
History: Stormy is a small offspring, saved by his mother when other dragons started to raid their home... Unfortunately, she died after a fatal spine striked through her chest. Alone for two days, he's trying to survive in a cave system, up high in a mountain, where no one can reach... Or so he thought.
Appearance: Light blue scales, yellowish eyes.
Species: Skrill
Humanoid friend [optional]: Hunter
Hates Colonists, doesn't care, loves colonists: Loves colonists
Other: Hunter's armor has lots of uses that range from shielding him from hazardous levels of radiation to protecting him from extremely high electric currents.

Dragon Form:
Name: Gallifreyan Stormcutter
Nickname [If any]: Galli
Personality: Loyal, friendly, trustworthy, open-minded and clever, but indecisive and timid.
History: Galli is a teenager Stormcutter who loves to know more. Lived with his parents until natives started killing dragons.. You can see what may have happened. He flew away in time when he was just eight years old, reaching Greenland Island (Which is the island where the ship landed), safely finding a mountain to make a temporary nest there. By the time he had settled down, his mind wandered away, the need to explore the world he lived in had been built inside him.. So he followed it (sadly, he never found another dragon that was the same species he was, but met a lot of friends during his journey). Years after, when coming back from his travel, a giant metallic structure landed close to his old nest.
Appearance:
Species: Stormcutter
Humanoid friend [optional]: Hunter
Hates Colonists, doesn't care, loves colonists: Loves colonists
Other: Galli received his name 'cause of Hunter's love for Doctor Who, an show which he watched when he was a boy (Note: the show died a millenia ago, but computer recordings of it are still in the Intergalactic Computer Network (the internet of the future)).

Dan_Oceans

[Days to complete one orbit around host star: 491 days
Day length: 18 hours
1.5 times the size of Earth located in the MIlky Way, 2 natual satellites
5 other planets, 2 solid, 3 gas giants
Whatever our sun is classified as named MBGA-246 or Berk's Fire for simplicity's sake. I believe I got all your questions.]

The Puppeteer

[color=#003b6f]"Beware the man who speaks in hands"
[/color]

[(Our sun is classified as a G-type main-sequence star (a yellow dwarf), just so you know) Hm.. This just made me want to ask more questions.. But I'm not going to (at least not now). Thanks! :D ]

Dan_Oceans

feel free to in private meesaging though. When I think it necessary to tell the answers, I will.]

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

so if it's over a thousand years from now... can I have my character be genetically modified? :D
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns

Dan_Oceans

[You want a dragonwing? I'm sorry but no. Jay or whoever you wanted to be one isn't going to one here.]

MudkipStar

...maybe...
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
i have 2 pet buns

MudkipStar

(what about other genetic enhancements? I find it hard to believe humanity won't have experimented in that area by then... and normal humans are just so... normal)
hi im réka
i have 2 pet buns