Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ocs Rp?
Topic Started: 08 May 2016, 20:25 (23494 Views)
Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

"Madam.... I do understand your concern. This is a matter of using dragons in the war to bolster our offensive in exchange for fair treatment of them. I have personally seen their willingness to cooperate if they had something in it for them. Hagen had too and he'd vouch for me if he was here. Geir refuses to listen to my more liberal views... That is why we're in the middle of a quarrel."
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

The woman shakes her head. She glances at Geir, whose guilty yet angry look agrees with Derik and simultaneously argues its own side. "I see," she answers slowly, twirling her spear and returning it to a sheath on her back in one swift motion. "Both of you are wrong in that you've been arguing. Now is NOT the time to argue. The enemy has retreated temporarily. We need ONE plan to defeat them when they return. We cannot be split, or all of our people will suffer. So the question is: What is that one strategy?" Tyra is doing her best to be fair. Anything else will only cause more disagreement. "Alright, alright- I have an idea. We'll gather everyone who can spare their time outside of the mead hall. You will both present your plans, and we'll see which one gets a more positive reaction. Derik, as the chief, you ARE the one to make the final decision...but I hope you'll see everyone's opinion and take that into account. Agreed?"

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

Dan_Oceans

Derik smiles and sighs. "Very well, please gather them, Tyra. We'll meet at the docks."
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

"I'll do it," Geir mumbles. The woman shoves his shoulder. "I wasn't asking you!" More of her frustration channels toward the warrior because she knows him more closely; however, she doesn't linger on it, and she brings everyone that can be spared to the docks as the chief asked just as the sun settles itself in the sky for a new day.

(I hope morning is right- I've completely forgotten what time it is... :unsure: )

Dan_Oceans

"I'll keep this brief. As you may have seen, the dragons helped us against the enemy's attack on our home. I propose that they help us finish the war and in exchange, we treat them as we would a fellow viking. Geir says that we shouldn't. While we have the time, I was hoping to get the input of all of you who will act as representatives of those who couldn't make it."

(It's fine, do you mind doing the voting?)

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Silence from the crowd. Geir takes his turn to speak. "Look- none of us can disagree with the fact that dragons are useful. Labor, food, battle- they do help with it all. But they're still dragons, animals that inherently like to hurt Vikings- not humans. And we shouldn't treat them like humans...because they're not. They don't 'bargain' or 'negotiate'. The chances of them deserting us if we place our full trust in them is unthinkably high. So, with that said: Who's with me, and who's with the chief?" People shuffle their feet and clear their throats. Slowly, one by one, they begin to pick their sides, standing by the leader they favor. Soon, the crowds are even- fifteen for Derik, fifteen for Geir...with one man left. The warrior glares at the man threateningly. He nervously shuffles to Geir's side. "Well," the warrior says with a smirk on his face, "that's decided, then."

(Not at all!)

Dan_Oceans

"This goes to show how many people support my views and you know that. I will take all these votes into consideration while deciding the plan of action. Geir, I will expect a rational discussion in private later. Everyone else, thank you for participating in this." Derik walked off the dock and into his quarters. He wished his dragon friend was with him so he could try and talk with someone who could potentially prove his point.

(Thanks)

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

"'I will expect a rational discussion in private later'," Geir mimics at Derik's back with a scowl. Tyra, who had showed up to ensure peace, gives him a look of death and taps his face with not-so-friendly force. "SHUT UP, will you? You're the older man! Also, Derik happens to have been thrown into this decision less than a day ago, and, even though he may be quickly trying to change things toward his radical views, you still need to give him a chance to feel his way through things and really learn his new role." The warrior sighs. "For you...not for him." "Thank you." The former chief's wife nods to her good friend and heads off to talk to Derik.

Dan_Oceans

Derik hears a knock on his door and composes himself. After heading to the door and opening it, he hides the surprise of seeing Tyra. "May I ask why you're here? You may come in if you want." He stands to the side of the doorway and gestures for her to come in.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

She continues to stand in the doorway with a small smile; however, her eyes look serious and tired. "I just- well, in all honesty, I don't think that this day could be going much worse. Maybe I'm particularly biased because of the loss of my husband, but I can't help but feel that your squabbling with Geir after the battle contributes to it as well. Derik, you are the person my husband chose as his successor, and I will respect that decision to my grave. I also know that you, being Chief now, finally have the power to change this society in ways you think will benefit it. That's exciting- it really is. But, for right now, I need you to compromise. Geir refuses to be the mature one in your fight, and he's going to stubbornly resist you until we have a civil war on top of the enemy we're already fighting. Truly, I came to ask you how you're feeling as Chief and if there is anything I can do to help...but please also consider my words."