Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ocs Rp?
Topic Started: 18 May 2016, 15:21 (23661 Views)
Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

Derik moves to face her. "I feel like I really wish to show the other vikings that dragons can help and that we can be the better viking by treating them as we would a fellow viking. I do wish that Geir wouldn't so stubbornly resist which is why I wish to suggest to him a paced escalation. Surely, he'd see that as a good compromise. I will consider what you have to say but I'd like your input on this since you seem to know Geir the best."
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

"Hm..." She ponders for a moment. "I think one of the reasons why Geir is being so stubborn is actually because of Hagen. Geir and I are close purely because he was my husband's best friend. Geir might not have shed any tears, but I can sense that his unbreakable, stormy mood is because of the loss. He's just trying to hang on to what he has left of his friend- which, to him, is a non-dragon society. We've all seen dragon riders from foreign tribes. Geir's told me before that he'd like to train a thunderdrum...but I think his mind has been temporarily changed with the loss of Hagen and the intensity of the war. Personally, I think your compromise is exactly what it needs to be- it's only a matter of convincing Geir and a few of those that follow him."

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

Dan_Oceans

"Alright... well I need to get some rest. Thank you for your time. I'll try my best to convince him."
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Tyra nods to the chief before leaving. "Good luck, Derik."

Dan_Oceans

"Thank you" Derik shut the door and sat down into his chair, looking at his quaint home. He thought back to this morning and how it was just yesterday that he became chief and yet, he's already having to deal with deep politics and what felt like months worth of fighting. He wasn't sure how Hagen managed it, but if Hagen could do it, maybe he could too... but in his own way and on his own time. He didn't want to shorten his life through stress. He closed his eyes and thought more about how he'd go about things in the near future.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

The day passed peacefully. Geir didn't recruit anyone else to his cause, but he and his followers did make preparations in case there was another attack on the village. Tyra quietly watched on, making sure that, while the men were working, they didn't do anything that would prevent dragons from helping out during the next battle. They didn't.

Dan_Oceans

As twilight approached, Derik mustered up the strength to get up and start making a meal for himself. He moves with a slowness that makes him seem relaxed and deep in thought as he prepares fish and bread for himself. He opens the window to let in some light and he looks out at the setting sun, trying to make sense of the past few days. A lot had changed for him and he still couldn't make heads or tails of how he ended up with the position of chieftain.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Geir, Tyra, and her daughter had agreed to eat together- a small, private ceremony to exclusively celebrate Hagen for the last time. Everyone shed tears, and the belongings that remained of the former chief were split based on who would cherish or use them the most. Surprisingly, Derik's name wasn't mentioned.

Dan_Oceans

After his meal, Derik walked around the village for a bit. He was still deep in thought, trying to wrap his head around the motivations of Hagen making him chief. It seemed kinda strange to choose someone who was really against the tribe's politics. It's not like he could change them very easily either... He wished he could talk to Hagen to find out.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

At that moment, in true Lion King fashion, Hagen's image appears to Derik in a small pool of water at the chief's feet.

After dinner, Geir leaves, and Tyra tucks her child into bed. Once the girl is sound asleep, her mother sneaks out of the house for some fresh air. "Oh, Hagen," she muses to her husband as she leans against a wall and sighs, "I've hardly had time to breathe since you left! Funeral...war...new chief...old friend...endless arguing...don't you know that it would have been easier on all of us if you had stayed?"