Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Ocs Rp?
Topic Started: 11 Jun 2016, 11:41 (23462 Views)
Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

The dragon hesitantly walks forward since it has never seen something like this before. Derik shakes the fish enticingly and the dragon moves forward some more. The fish is set down on the ground and Derik sits down next to it. It's eaten by the dragon and Derik gets up. He holds his hand out and the dragon nuzzles it before going back to its cage quickly after seeing Tyra. Derik turns around and sees her as well. "That's enough for today" He gives the fish to the dragon he fed, locks the cage and leaves the arena.
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Tyra watches with very wide eyes. 'He definitely came close to losing a hand,' she thinks as she backs away slowly. She knows that the dragon noticed her, but whether or not Derik did was still anyone's guess in her mind. However, she was content that the new chief wasn't causing any trouble, so she begins the walk home.

The best Secret Odin GIF(t) ever, made for me by DeWhite! Thank you! :D

Dan_Oceans

Derik walks home, passing by Tyra's house in the process. He relishes in knowing that she saw how he handled himself even if she won't acknowledge it. He smiles while looking at the sky. Sometimes he just wants to stop and smell the roses, so to speak. He was in a pretty good place considering how it might've gone otherwise.
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Once inside, she leans against the door, sighing quietly and smiling as she glances over at her daughter, who is sound asleep. She thinks about her girl growing up in a land where dragons are more than trainable weapons. Based on what she saw Derik do, that might not be a bad thing.

Dan_Oceans

The next morning Derik made his way over to the dragon he saw the previous night. He wanted to see if the dragon would recognize him. He saw someone was already in there though so he decided to visit only at night. After that, he decided to see how the people were rebuilding and preparing better defenses. He saw new soldiers training and wondered what they thought of having dragons being more than a tool to them.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Tyra knocks a sword out of a young man's hands with a well-timed strike. "Remember when to attack and when to defend. Always be alert. Knowing your enemy's actions are just as important as knowing your own." He nods, and they begin the exercise again. The trainees are all very young and inexperienced- a worrying but unavoidable situation when a war has been ravaging a land for an extended amount of time.

Dan_Oceans

"I don't wish our youth to be completely warriors... Who'd be there to take care of us when we get old and they're in charge? Are they all volunteers or were they dragged here?" Derik walks over to the training grounds.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

Tyra doesn't look away from her trainee as she replies. "They are volunteers...but the older soldiers did have to beg for their help, so I'm not sure that I would call them willing. I wish it didn't have to be like this, Derik, but we just don't have the numbers we need without them."

Dan_Oceans

"With the dragons, we can surely compensate... Right?" Derik offers. He's not sure that it's the best choice to say that in front of those training to help the other vikings but it slipped his mind before he said it.

DragonbackVoyager
Hideous Zippleback

A few slightly annoyed coughs and scoffs pass around the training area. The woman stops the exercise with her trainee and smiles awkwardly at Derik to try and cover it up. "Er...how soon were you thinking of...um...using the dragons? There's still the matter of Geir and those who haven't quite made up their minds on how they feel yet."