Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Maces and Talons
Topic Started: 13 Mar 2017, 22:10 (14067 Views)
BioLilyDraws
Aphmau is the best!

*I was sitting at my desk in my room, staring at the Maces and Talons game board, pondering carefully*
"You can kill me once, but you can't kill me twice." - Luna Rainclaw
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Zira Shadow
Skrill

Bonjour, mademoiselle. *slides into seat across from you* Shall we begin?
(Now, from what I know, Maces and Talons is like chess, except with a less marked-out gameboard)
Sister in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings

BioLilyDraws
Aphmau is the best!

(I never played chess before...)
We shall, you go first

Zira Shadow
Skrill

*examines board* *moves three Mace men forwards* *moves a soldier, a spearman, and an archer to the sides*

BioLilyDraws
Aphmau is the best!

Interesting move, my friend (Little help?)

Zira Shadow
Skrill

(Okay. We can either play they way they play in RTTE, in which case I have no idea what to do, or we can play my version.

In the RTTE version, there are eight men and a chief on each side. That's literally all I know.

In my version, which is what I have seen with a few filled-in holes and added trim, there are mace men(fifth most powerful), archers(fourth most), spearmen/swordsmen/axemen(or weaponry, they're all pretty much the same thing-third most), soldiers(who do everything-second most) and then there are dragonriders, who are the talons(most powerful). Mace men and archers can take seven hits, weaponry six, soldiers four, dragonriders three. The Chief can only take one. Mace men, archers, and weaponry can take away one 'life' from a opposing warrior. Soldiers and dragonriders can take away one and a half or two(depending on their attack) and the Chief can take all of them away. In your half of the gameboard, you do more damage and can go anywhere. On the opposing side, mace men and archers have to travel straight, weaponry and soldiers can move anywhere diagonally, and dragonriders can move anywhere but they have to travel in straight lines and can only turn in 90 or 45 degree angles. Chiefs can move anywhere, but only in three turns, maximum four steps per turn. Macemen have the advantage in being resilient, but they can only move three steps per turn, and they only have one. There are eight mace men. Archers are the only ones who can attack dragonriders with much effect. They have the same travel rules as mace men, and there are five of them. Soldiers can attack almost anyone and do a lot of damage(minus the dragonriders, of course) however there are only four of them, and they travel in two turns of seven steps. There are three dragonriders who travel in two turns and have maximum eight steps. They can do the most damage to anyone(including opposing dragonriders) but have a disadvantage if they 'land'. Sneak attacks are allowed as well as head-on attacks, and there is one Traitor, who is chosen by your opponent and can only be a Soldier. The Traitor, when activated, is then controlled by the opposing side. As you get higher, more and more Traitors are allowed in the game.

If I missed anything, let me know)

BioLilyDraws
Aphmau is the best!

(Good to know, I might need to write it all down though XD)

Zira Shadow
Skrill

(XD)
*keeps an eye on the Traitor on your side, though a very subtle eye so you don't notice anything*

BioLilyDraws
Aphmau is the best!

*I think carefully about my move*
(Or you can play as me if you want)

Zira Shadow
Skrill

(Um...then we'd never get anywhere cause I would know my own moves)
No move, my friend? Do choose quickly.