Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Superhero Dragon Riders!
Topic Started: 04 Jul 2019, 12:19 (27808 Views)
Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

(Thank you. :) )
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightFury2001
Has left

(So, when are we gonna continue the events on Berk? I know you said you were waiting on something but hopefully it shouldn't take too much longer to get that something? lol)
https://nightfury2001.carrd.co/

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(This sounds really fun! Time to start! :))

"Find the Night Furies!"
The words jolted Magin into consciousness. What was a Night Fury?
He opened his eyes.
And where was he?
Sitting up, he tried to get a sense of his surroundings, but it was too dark; he couldn't see anything. He felt the furry warmth of Ghost sleeping beside him — at least that was something he recognised — and then he awoke in the abrupt way that only wolves can. His great golden eyes snapped open, and he snarled.
"What is it?" Magin asked.
He soon found out.
Torches were thrust into his vision, illuminating the inky blackness of the star-studded sky, lighting the forms of two men. He saw that they were clad in tunics — this reassured him briefly; although this place was unknown to him, the clothing was familiar — over which they wore some sort of material made from scales. Like snakeskin, but strangely not.
"Who are you?" he asked.
"We're hunters. Dragon hunters. And you're our prisoner now."
Magin gasped. "Dragons? I didn't know they existed."
"Don't play innocent with us, boy," the larger man warned. Most likely the leader. "We know that you know where these Night Furies are."
"I don't know. I swear it to the gods Themselves. I've never heard of a Night Fury. I've never seen a dragon before."
"Well, you're about to see some." The captain forced him to his feet, bound his hands behind his back, and shoved him at the smaller soldier, who produced a knife from his belt and pressed it against Magin's spine. "Take him to Grimmel."
"Who's Grimmel?"
"You'll see him soon enough."
But Magin had no intention of allowing that to happen. He threw his head back into the face of his captor, breaking his nose and causing him to fall to the ground. His knife fell from his grip with the impact, and Magin grabbed it with his teeth. He thought about trying to free his hands, but he decided against it when he saw the man behind him rising to his feet. He could unbind himself later. Right now, he needed to run.
Frantically, he looked around the area, found the edge of a cliff, and sprinted towards it.
"Shoot him!" the captain screamed.
The second man unstrapped the bow from his back, pulled out an arrow — which was coated with a strange substance — and nocked it to the string.
Magin had nearly reached the cliff edge — he could hear the waves pounding below — and then the man released the arrow.
He would have fallen to the ground — but there was none of it left, and he was plummeting into the sea.

(I hope nobody minds that I introduced Grimmel into the RP. I just thought it would be a cool idea if he discovered that Little Moon and the other Night Furies were in the archipelago. It's fine if somebody wants to land their character on Changewing Island, although I'd prefer it if they were a HTTYD character, so they could tell Magin about Deathgripper venom. I'd also like it if he could discover Little Moon crying for DAD, along with anybody else's character. :))
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

NightFury2001
Has left

(I like it! Did you get the idea of Grimmel finding out about the Night Furies being in the archipelago from my post yesterday? lol

Anyway yeah I'm fine with Grimmel being introduced, it might be a little early though imo because how would Grimmel know about the Night Furies being in the archipelago if the displaced Furies have only been there for like a day? Then again I guess you could just say that one of his scouts/allies heard about Toothless earlier than in HTTYD 3 and they just assumed there were more, or maybe one of them spotted Peanut or whatever flying around and also heard about Toothless or something like that, and/or your character got dropped a little later than the others. xD)
https://nightfury2001.carrd.co/

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(Yes, I did get the idea from you. :))
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Light Fury
Cape Starling

(Still waiting for the Astrid half of Hiccup and Astrid's search for Toothless, but other Berkian characters are free to have their parts written. Dragonrider's Fury, you and I need to do a bit of collab and dialogue exchange for Berk's defence preparations (Snotlout and the Twins). I'll write Fishlegs'/Terror Mailers' part in a bit too.)

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Zym yawned and blinked. Why had he awoken in the middle of the night? Wait a minute... What was this place? It didn't look like Xadia. It didn't feel like Xadia. The air was too heavy, too wet. It almost felt like he was in water, but... not. What was going on?

As he grew more wakeful, he realized something was missing, something more than Rayla and Callum. Wait, they were gone too?? But that wasn't important at the moment. Deep down, he felt that a piece of him was missing. He swung his tail into view. Okay, that was still there. He looked down at his legs. Yup, still had those. He experimentally flapped his wings. Okay, he could feel that those were just fine. He roared (well, squeaked). His voice was fine and big and powerful (or so he thought), so that wasn't it.

So, what part of him was missing? As the fog around him lit up with a distant flash of lightning and crack of thunder, the sense of something missing became even more keen. Suddenly, he realized. Before, whenever there had been a storm around, he had felt, deep within him, a strange, wonderful thrill when the lightning flashed or thunder roared. Now, in this strange place, that feeling, that connection to storm and sky, was missing.
NOTE: In case you're wondering about the air seeming "too heavy, too wet", we see from RTTE that the climate of Wingmaiden Island seems to be almost tropical [however that works], so very humid [at least, judging by the large amounts of fog]. So, that was about the best way I could think of to put it, speaking from experience.
(Alright, I've finally got Zym's intro up. I hope it's okay. @Light Fury, sounds good to me. That should be fun. :) )
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

(booksarelikedragons, for a moment, I forgot those were your characters. When you said the wolf was named Ghost, I thought you were including Game of Thrones characters :P )
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(@Dragondog

Ah, yes. I've never watched Game of Thrones (I would like to, although I think the excessive violence and the explicit content would be too much for me), but a post about Ghost popped up on my Tumblr dashboard, and I sort of panicked, because you could say that my story is slightly similar to GoT (what with the violence and the fantasy genre) and when I get it published I was worried that people would accuse me of copying it (which I obviously haven't; I've never watched the show, and I thought of Ghost's name before I was aware of the wolf in GoT). I don't want to change his name because I love it, but do you think I should?)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

BooksAreLikeDragons
05 Jul 2019, 21:22
(@Dragondog

Ah, yes. I've never watched Game of Thrones (I would like to, although I think the excessive violence and the explicit content would be too much for me), but a post about Ghost popped up on my Tumblr dashboard, and I sort of panicked, because you could say that my story is slightly similar to GoT (what with the violence and the fantasy genre) and when I get it published I was worried that people would accuse me of copying it (which I obviously haven't; I've never watched the show, and I thought of Ghost's name before I was aware of the wolf in GoT). I don't want to change his name because I love it, but do you think I should?)
(I don't think you need to, I mean I've had characters like that before where they were named something, and a movie I won't watch for various reasons, named their character the same name. )
Last edited by ToothlessNightFury on 06 Jul 2019, 04:25, edited 1 time in total.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney