Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Superhero Dragon Riders!
Topic Started: 06 Jul 2019, 03:09 (27743 Views)
Dragondog
Female Winged Wonder

(Don't worry about it. They're your characters, and people are probably going to complain about that, but they'd complain anyway, because people are jerks. There's no pleasing everyone ;)

I've never watched GoT either, because of the explicit content I've heard so much about)
"When something looks too perfect, it probably sucks" - Tuffnut

"Sticks and stones may break your bones, but I will break your neck" - Hank the Cowdog
GO TEAM
P A T H E T I C ! ! !
Yahoo!!
:nightfuryegg: :toothless: :nightfuryegg:
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(
ToothlessNightFury
05 Jul 2019, 22:02
BooksAreLikeDragons
05 Jul 2019, 21:22
(@Dragondog

Ah, yes. I've never watched Game of Thrones (I would like to, although I think the excessive violence and the explicit content would be too much for me), but a post about Ghost popped up on my Tumblr dashboard, and I sort of panicked, because you could say that my story is slightly similar to GoT (what with the violence and the fantasy genre) and when I get it published I was worried that people would accuse me of copying it (which I obviously haven't; I've never watched the show, and I thought of Ghost's name before I was aware of the wolf in GoT). I don't want to change his name because I love it, but do you think I should?)
(I don't think you need to, I mean I've had characters like that before where they were named something, and a movie I won't watch for various reasons, named their character the same name. )
Dragondog
06 Jul 2019, 03:09
(Don't worry about it. They're your characters, and people are probably going to complain about that, but they'd complain anyway, because people are jerks. There's no pleasing everyone ;)

I've never watched GoT either, because of the explicit content I've heard so much about)
Thanks. ;))
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

(I'm here I'm here I just
Really have no idea how to get started
Here's my best shot though!!!)

(Also making this sound poetic is taking Too Much Work so I'm gonna write whatever the heckity comes to mind k? k.)

So Astrid gets up, as people do, on a morning. She doesn't think anything is wrong, because nobody ever does in stories like this. She eats breakfast because she's sensible and also a main character in a story that is so far happy-go-lucky. She might not have time for breakfast later because there's all these characters from alternate universes running around, so she enjoys her breakfast in peace. Astrid then decides to take Stormfly out on a short and speedy flight around Berk because Stormfly wants to stretch her wings and Astrid needs fresh air and also she's part of the Berk Guard and isn't it her job to check if anything's happening on Berk out of the ordinary? Astrid's already stressed because man, life is hard, but they're vikings so what're you gonna do. (What time is this? Like, post-rtte, pre-httyd 2? Grimmel's here so post-httyd3? Idk) Anyway so she's about to fly back to her house or the training grounds or whatever and get a proper start on her day when she spots something with her telescopey eyepiece thingy that makes her stop short in her tracks. Why? Well, 'cause she wasn't expecting to see it. What is it? I have no fricking clue my friends somebody jump in and tell me who's actually on Berk that I can interact with.

(So yeah enjoy that
Let's get this plot starteeeeeeeeed)

NightFury2001
Has left

(loooool That was great. xD xD

This is post HTTYD 2 pre-HTTYD 3 btw, and the main cast of HTTYD/the gang and one of my characters (who is basically a super AU meme version of another character) are on Berk atm. The Light Fury is too kinda? Oh yeah, and Toothless dropped two Kim Possible characters on Berk (Kim and Shego) so they're there too.

Anyway I think you're supposed to be searching for Toothless rn with Hiccup because y'all spotted the strange light in the sky and saw people drop out of it? lol You should probably read through what's been posted so far to get a better idea of what's going on if you haven't already. xD)
https://nightfury2001.carrd.co/

Light Fury
Cape Starling

Team Astrid
06 Jul 2019, 19:34
(I'm here I'm here I just
Really have no idea how to get started
Here's my best shot though!!!)

(Also making this sound poetic is taking Too Much Work so I'm gonna write whatever the heckity comes to mind k? k.)

So Astrid gets up, as people do, on a morning. She doesn't think anything is wrong, because nobody ever does in stories like this. She eats breakfast because she's sensible and also a main character in a story that is so far happy-go-lucky. She might not have time for breakfast later because there's all these characters from alternate universes running around, so she enjoys her breakfast in peace. Astrid then decides to take Stormfly out on a short and speedy flight around Berk because Stormfly wants to stretch her wings and Astrid needs fresh air and also she's part of the Berk Guard and isn't it her job to check if anything's happening on Berk out of the ordinary? Astrid's already stressed because man, life is hard, but they're vikings so what're you gonna do. (What time is this? Like, post-rtte, pre-httyd 2? Grimmel's here so post-httyd3? Idk) Anyway so she's about to fly back to her house or the training grounds or whatever and get a proper start on her day when she spots something with her telescopey eyepiece thingy that makes her stop short in her tracks. Why? Well, 'cause she wasn't expecting to see it. What is it? I have no fricking clue my friends somebody jump in and tell me who's actually on Berk that I can interact with.

(So yeah enjoy that
Let's get this plot starteeeeeeeeed)
(XD I love it. Sounds like a very Astrid thing to do, and that can be before the portal opens?)

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

NightFury2001
Has left

Bean sneezed, the damp grass tickling his nose.

Where was he? Sitting up, he sniffed the air and glanced around. This wet place was new and strange.

Where was Soft-Hands?

He let out a loud inquisitive chirp, tiny ear plates perked as he waited for a response.

No response. Huh. Soft-Hands was never far away!

Maybe it was a game? He liked it when Soft-Hands hid and let him find him, it was fun!

Yes, that must be it! Soft-Hands took him here because he wanted to play the hide-and-find game! Though he didn't understand why he would want to play it here...maybe it had good hiding spots?

Setting off in a random direction, Bean excitedly started his search...

(Short and simple, still trying to decide the exact details of Bean's backstory and personality so I may come back and change this a little later. Also, I tried not to make it super depressing. xD)

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

When the sun had just began to set, up high in the clouds came a burst of purple light. A white sleek shaped moved across the pink and orange sky. From a distance, no one could say what this was, but up close, a mistake could easily be made. The creature had been flying from island to island the last few weeks,searching for a safe place to rest, one that wasn't filled with unkind dragons, who were fighting over their territory. One that wasn't in danger of an erupting volcano, and most importantly, one with other dragons of her kind. You see my dear reader, this dragon was rare. Only few still existed. She was smaller, than the others she knew of, but size doesn't matter in the dragon world.

As the sky grew darker, she made her move, on Outcast Island, a group of those strange creatures with two legs were gathering food. She was hungry. Usually, she didn't like these creatures. She'd seem them on other islands with traps that were injuring other dragons, stealing their food or worse... However, she had heard of some who weren't all that bad. But she had yet to believe it. For all she knew they were all working together, to destroy dragon kind. And she wouldn't stand for that.

She waited, until the perfect time to make her move, when all was dark, the sun had long gone down now, and only a few on guard were still awake.

With a swift dive down the sleek white dragon dove at the pile of fish, blasting a small building beside it, causing the creatures to away from it.

"Night Fury!" She recognized as a sound coming from the creatures.

It was something she head often when she attacked. But for all she knew, other night furies were dark. The night was their domain. She however, prefered the clouds, she blended better. Of course, she could blend in the night too if she wanted to. Her cloaking ability allowed her to do so at will, but right now, her mind was focused on food. She swooped down again, grabbing a net full of fish, and flying back to a cave she had been resting in.

"It's too light for one!" Another creature called back as they watched her soar, rather fast. Her speed could easily be compared to that of a night fury, maybe faster. "It's the goddess Athena!"

The dragon, couldn't help but smirk. She'd heard those same sounds enough to know they were talking about her, to think she was some goddess was strange though. Had they never seen a light night fury?

Now, you reader, may be wondering just what this dragon looks like. Picture for yourself a Night Fury, Toothless' kind to be exact, except, this dragon is white. Only, she's not exactly like a night fury per-say. She has a more round face, and smoother scales and skin, blue eyes instead of green, rounded tail fins and wings, that allow her to glide with ease in the water in addition to her fin like rudders on her legs and more rounded ears and ear like adapters. These, gave her excellent hearing. when wet, she has a slight sparkle to her, which fades as she dries off, but if the sun hits her just right, it can be breathtaking. She quite smaller than the size of a night fury. But she is only an adolescent. But don't you dare let that fool you. When threatened, you'll see just how tough -and strong, this dragon happens to be.

As the dragon sat down with her prize of the fish, she couldn't help but notice a faint sound. The sound of a baby dragon? Images flashed back in her mind, of when she was young, alone, scared, until another dragon took her in. Saved her. Fed her. Hiding her spoils deeper in the cave, she set off running, in the direction of the sound. As she ran, it was clear she wasn't just a weaker smaller dragon. Her leg muscles showed each time she pounded the ground. With a swift pounce, she jumped into the air, searching for the sounds of a lost baby dragon.

(So I kinda changed the Light Fury's look to be just all white, and a little more of a cross between her and the Night Fury? And made her more aquatic and a little more toned and less sparkly)
Last edited by ToothlessNightFury on 11 Jul 2019, 07:38, edited 2 times in total.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(@NightFury2001

I’m going to write Magin’s next part soon. Is it okay if Little Moon is still crying for DAD until then? :))
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Team Astrid
Deadly Nadder

NightFury2001
06 Jul 2019, 19:50
(loooool That was great. xD xD

This is post HTTYD 2 pre-HTTYD 3 btw, and the main cast of HTTYD/the gang and one of my characters (who is basically a super AU meme version of another character) are on Berk atm. The Light Fury is too kinda? Oh yeah, and Toothless dropped two Kim Possible characters on Berk (Kim and Shego) so they're there too.

Anyway I think you're supposed to be searching for Toothless rn with Hiccup because y'all spotted the strange light in the sky and saw people drop out of it? lol You should probably read through what's been posted so far to get a better idea of what's going on if you haven't already. xD)
(XD thank you
Ohhh okay thanks for clearing that up! I've never seen Kim Possible so I don't know who they are but let's see what happens lol.
Yeah, I read through the whole thing already, but I was a littttlee confused (this has gotta be the most detailed and complicated RP I've ever done XD). Sure, I'll go from there!)

(OKAY prepare to witness the magic once more)

Soooooo turns out Hiccup was running up from the other side because I didn't realize he needed to be here, my bad Hiccup, let's go. Get on Stormfly's back. Nice, okay. So. Uh. You lost Toothless because of course you did. Well, as it happens, I just saw this big flash of something coming from over there so let's go check it out, yeah? Okay. Maybe Toothless is over there.
Astrid and Hiccup zyoom towards the colourful explosion of light.
"What in Thor's name...?" Hiccup trails off.
"I dunno, Hiccup. I'm going to get us closer."
So they dive into the forest, slaloming through the trees to get as close to the light source as possible without alerting anything - or anyone - that might be hanging around it.
"Fancy flying," Hiccup whispers into Astrid's ear, because there should be a little fluffy romantic stuff in here, right? Here's to hoping I'm writing it correctly.
Astrid just smiles to herself and speeds up, because I can't think of a suitable reply.
Astrid eases Stormfly to a stop right at the edge of a clearing. Looking up through the tall, stiff, trees she can see a big scary vortex swirling above them. The trio stares up at it in wonder, completely distracted. The vortex makes a big whoooooooshing noise, like a breath being drawn in. Astrid sucks in a big breath, too, and forgets to exhale. The vortex churns above them. As far as Astrid can tell, it doesn't seem to be making any sudden moves. It lets off a pale blueish-purplish light, illuminating the treetops around it.
"Like a flightmare or something," Hiccup breathes in awe.
It's sort of beautiful, in a terrifying way. With the way it twists and coils, Astrid could imagine it having a mind of it's own. It's big and mysterious and completely unreasonable. It would steal the world out from under your feet because it could, because it felt like it. Set on edge by this thought, Astrid tightens her grip around her axe (which she's been holding the whole time, didn't I mention that? Pssshh). Slowly, she steps towards Hiccup.
Behind them, a twig snaps. Faster than she could comprehend, Astrid and Hiccup whirl around, battle ready. Blades drawn, they get a glimpse of their target -

AND SCENE.
Who do they meet? Idk, somebody jump in!

NightFury2001
Has left

(@ToothlessNightFury Cool, I like it! We should come up with a nice name for her species. xD Btw does she have dorsal plates on her back like Toothless or just one long fin like the LF? Also does she have lots of ear plates like Toothless or only 4 like the LF, and does she have little spines on her head and legs like Toothless or nothing and fins on her legs like the LF? Just want to make sure I have the right mental image of her lol.

@BooksAreLikeDragons Okay, sounds good. Y'all can find her at basically the same time I guess lol.

@Team Astrid Np, and I haven't seen Kim Possible either so don't worry lol, also nice. Maybe it's Toothless who broke the branch and he found his way back to them? Idk what y'all wanna do though. xD xD)
Last edited by NightFury2001 on 09 Jul 2019, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.