Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Superhero Dragon Riders!
Topic Started: 09 Jul 2019, 08:03 (27585 Views)
Light Fury
Cape Starling

ToothlessNightFury
08 Jul 2019, 14:40
When the sun had just began to set, up high in the clouds came a burst of purple light. A white sleek shaped moved across the pink and orange sky. From a distance, no one could say what this was, but up close, a mistake could easily be made. The creature had been flying from island to island the last few weeks,searching for a safe place to rest, one that wasn't filled with unkind dragons, who were fighting over their territory. One that wasn't in danger of an erupting volcano, and most importantly, one with other dragons of her kind. You see my dear reader, this dragon was rare. Only few still existed. She was smaller, than the others she knew of, but size doesn't matter in the dragon world.

As the sky grew darker, she made her move, on Outcast Island, a group of those strange creatures with two legs were gathering food. She was hungry. Usually, she didn't like these creatures. She'd seem them on other islands with traps that were injuring other dragons, stealing their food or worse... However, she had heard of some who weren't all that bad. But she had yet to believe it. For all she knew they were all working together, to destroy dragon kind. And she wouldn't stand for that.

She waited, until the perfect time to make her move, when all was dark, the sun had long gone down now, and only a few on guard were still awake.

With a swift dive down the sleek white dragon dove at the pile of fish, blasting a small building beside it, causing the creatures to away from it.

"Night Fury!" She recognized as a sound coming from the creatures.

It was something she head often when she attacked. But for all she knew, other night furies were dark. The night was their domain. She however, prefered the clouds, she blended better. Of course, she could blend in the night too if she wanted to. Her cloaking ability allowed her to do so at will, but right now, her mind was focused on food. She swooped down again, grabbing a net full of fish, and flying back to a cave she had been resting in.

"It's too light for one!" Another creature called back as they watched her soar, rather fast. Her speed could easily be compared to that of a night fury, maybe faster. "It's the goddess Athena!"

The dragon, couldn't help but smirk. She'd heard those same sounds enough to know they were talking about her, to think she was some goddess was strange though. Had they never seen a light night fury?

Now, you reader, may be wondering just what this dragon looks like. Picture for yourself a Night Fury, Toothless' kind to be exact, except, this dragon is white. Only, she's not exactly like a night fury per-say. She has a more round face, and smoother scales and skin, blue eyes instead of green, rounded tail fins and wings, that allow her to glide with ease in the water, and more rounded ears and ear like adapters. These, gave her excellent hearing. As we mentioned before, she's quite smaller than the size of a night fury. But don't you dare let that fool you. When threatened, you'll see just how tough -and strong, this dragon happens to be.

As the dragon sat down with her prize of the fish, she couldn't help but notice a faint sound. The sound of a baby dragon? Images flashed back in her mind, of when she was young, alone, scared, until another dragon took her in. Saved her. Fed her. Hiding her spoils deeper in the cave, she set off running, in the direction of the sound. As she ran, it was clear she wasn't just a weaker smaller dragon. Her leg muscles showed each time she pounded the ground. With a swift pounce, she jumped into the air, searching for the sounds of a lost baby dragon.

(So I kinda changed the Light Fury's look to be just all white, and a little more of a cross between her and the Night Fury? And made her more aquatic and a little more toned and less sparkly)
(Just to be clear, this isn't the Light Fury, because that would be me XD

I'm working on an introduction of sorts for Me)

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar
Night Fury, Light Fury, Deadly Nadder, Razorwhip hybrid

Light Fury
09 Jul 2019, 08:01
NightLightNadderWhip
08 Jul 2019, 20:40
Quote:

(I absolutely love it! :)

I’ll try to write Magin’s next part tonight, but if I can’t, then I will attempt to do it tomorrow.)
I'm glad! :D
Okay!
(You're doing great ( :)
Thank you! :D
All form of PMs are turned strictly off, no exceptions, thank you for understanding.

Light Fury
Cape Starling

Fishlegs rushed off to the Berk Archives, with Meatlug and Fishmeat in tow. The Archives were the home of of all of Berk's Dragon Knowledge, with all kinds of dragon info spanning from Bork The Bold's oldest notes to Hiccup and Fishlegs' latest discoveries. The rebuilding of Berk and the return of Valka after Drago had allowed Hiccup to have an underground cave created for this purpose. After all, there had been months of rewriting to do with all of Valka's dragon knowledge. Fishlegs also needed a better way to store and sort all of it.

But today's visit wasn't about that. Today, it was the Terror Mail centre in the Archives that Fishlegs required.

Fishlegs hurriedly wrote a letter describing the Sky Fire and the warning Valka had given, made a few copies and dispatched a Terrible Terror to all of Berk's main allies; Heather, Chieftess of the Berserkers, Mala, Queen of the Defenders of the Wing, Alvin, Chief of Outcast Island and Atali, Leader of the Wingmaidens. They hoped the Terrors would arrive in time. Fortunately for Fishlegs, the twins had been experimenting with the Terrors.

The twins, in their eternal quest to devote their lives to Loki's name, had been trying to make the terrors more explosive. They had failed in this venture, partly because Terrible Terrors are one of the hardiest Stoker Class dragons and can eat almost anything without any significant reaction, and partly because the Terrors were as wild as the twins. If only they had realised the potential chaos they could cause by working with each other. Any way, a side-effect of these experiments was the discovery of a special diet which allowed the Terrors to gain a burst of energy when needed. Fishlegs and Hiccup had been delighted at this discovery and had spent weeks training all their Terrors to use this trick when flying Air Mail. The twins were both quite sad that their chaos had been foiled, but were somewhat consoled by the discovery they had made.

It was this that allowed the Terrors to get to their destinations within a matter of a few hours.
-------------------
Berserker Island

Heather, ever a light sleeper, had been woken up by the sound of thunder overhead. They would have gone back to sleep, if not for having a sudden bright light wash over their face from the window. Within seconds, they were up and out off the house, twin-bladed axe at the ready. Windshear was waiting outside the door. The heavens looked like a Bewilderbeast-sized Flightmare had stretched out its wings after a huge dinner of glowing algae. It was blinding. Heather was about to take off toward the sky on Windshear when they spotted a Terrible Terror zooming toward the Terror Roost. They instead flew to the Roost to see what the Terror Mail message was. Heather read Fishlegs' letter and hurriedly sent a reply before going to the Town Square to rally the Berserkers.
-------------------
Defenders of the Wing Island

Dagur was having a sleepless night. Nightmares occasionally haunted them. The terrible things they'd done in their youth, out of fear, hopelessness and grief had taken their toll on the mind. Dagur had been too ashamed of this to seek any kind of support, and had for the longest time been in a a cycle of negative thinking. After a while, Mala had found out. Fortunately for Dagur, Mala had helped them understand and accept that this was not a flaw in their character, that no one would care about Dagur any less, least of all Mala. Dagur had since then, been steadily on the path to a better recovery. Alvin and Dagur frequently had camping nights with Eret, Gobber and Throk. These had helped all of them become better adjusted to coping with the loss and regrets of the past. Gobber had been the one to suggest whittling as a calming activity. Dagur had been getting quite good and most recently made a wooden model of Shattermaster. Shattermaster had loved it. Sleuther's model was what Dagur had been working on when the same halo opened above the island.

As if by divine intervention, the halo opening had coincided with Fishlegs' Terror Mail arriving. Mala and Dagur replied stating they too had a halo an that they would update Fishlegs on events as they came to pass. Dagur also sent a Terror to Heather, reassuring them that they were more than capable of dealing with it, but if they needed, Dagur would go as soon as possible. Dagur smiled briefly, thinking about Heather's growth into the Berserker Chieftess. Dagur was extremely proud of their sister, before sending the Terror off to Berserker Island.
-------------------
Outcast Island

Alvin was petting their yak in their front garden pen. After reconciling with Stoick and Berk, Alvin and Stoick had spent many a weekend making up for lost time. One discovery Alvin had made on Berk was the calming effect of petting a yak. They had thought to themselves "So this is why Berk loves its yaks". When Stoick had died, Alvin had asked Hiccup for Berk's youngest yak as a reminder of Stoick. Hiccup had been more than happy to oblige.

It was then that Outcast Island's halo, and indeed, the Terrible Terror Fishlegs sent, appeared. Alvin scrawled a quick reply and thought to themselves, "finally, a bit of fun."
-------------------
Wingmaiden Island

Once again, the Terror arrived just as the halo opened. Atali wrote a reply, and sent one of the Wingmaidens to call the patrol back for a briefing. All but Minden returned.

Atali was getting worried. This wasn't the first time Minden had done something foolish to try and impress them, and jeopardised the whole island. They hoped Minden weren't in any trouble and gathered the rest of the Wingmaidens to prep them for what needed to be done. Atali was already somewhat stressed about the Razorwhip Hatching ceremony that was due to start in just a few days. This definitely did not improve their worries.

(That should be all the human-populated islands set up now. I'll try to edit the main post with the islands and what characters are there. The planned alteration to HTTYD canon as mentioned in the original post was Me appearing before THW, but I guess this is basically just an AU with different canon now??? I'll write up my intro next though)

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

(Yay, finally officially moving forward somewhat. Quick question, though: What is with using "they", "their", "themselves", and the like, instead of "he", "her", "his", "hers", "himself", "herself"? That kind of grammar annoys me. :/ )
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

Light Fury
Cape Starling

Dragonrider's Fury
09 Jul 2019, 16:30
(Yay, finally officially moving forward somewhat. Quick question, though: What is with using "they", "their", "themselves", and the like, instead of "he", "her", "his", "hers", "himself", "herself"? That kind of grammar annoys me. :/ )
(I see you missed my mentioning this in the dragon chat. I have decided to renounce using gendered pronouns unless explicitly told by a specific person that they do not want gender-neutral pronouns used with them.

As for "that kind of grammar", here's a list of sources that prove it is grammatically correct and has been for centuries: https://twitter.com/mirrorsartworks/sta ... 5176028160)

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(Here is Magin's next part! :))

“Ah, you're finally awake.”
In his bleary state, Magin had forgotten where he was, and he automatically reached for the dagger that he slept with beside his bed every night, before remembering that he was in this strange new land, and he didn't have a dagger.
The man did, though. He sat on his chair, calmly sharpening it, his features obscured by a hood.
“Are you Grimmel?” Magin asked.
This seemed to amuse the man. “No. I'm Ottar.” He pushed back his hood, revealing a surprisingly young face — he seemed to be only a few years older than Magin — with brown hair, dark blue eyes and pale skin, across which sliced a scar.
Magin was filled with morbid curiosity. “How did you get that?”
“A dragon.”
“Are you a dragon hunter, then?”
“I was. But not anymore. There was an… incident with my dragon Venomjaw and another Deathgripper. So I quit my job and refused to work for Grimmel ever again.”
At the sound of his name, Venomjaw emerged from one of the rooms in the house. He was a young red and black dragon, with tusks protruding from his mouth and a stinger on the end of his tail. Upon seeing Magin, the Deathgripper snarled.
Ottar placed a hand on his snout. “Easy, Venomjaw,” he murmured. “Sorry about that. He usually loves new visitors, but you and your wolf are the first ones we’ve had in quite a while.”
Suddenly, Magin remembered Ghost. “Where is he?”
“Your wolf? He’s still at the coast. Venomjaw couldn’t carry both of you.”
“I need to go back and get him.”
“In case you’ve forgotten, you took an arrow drugged with Deathgripper venom, which causes paralysis and sedation. You can’t walk yet, and even if you could go anywhere, it’s the middle of the night. I would suggest sleeping until the morning. The effects of the venom will have gone by then, and you can look for your wolf.”
Obediently, Magin put his head on the pillow, closed his eyes, and pretended to sleep.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

NightFury2001
Has left

(@ToothlessNightFury You should probably do fins then, that would make her seem more aquatic imo.

@Light Fury Cool, nice to see you finally wrote the next part! I have a question though, wasn't Dagur on Outcast Island in Dragondog's last post? lol I guess he immediately went there after he wrote the Terror Mails? xD Edit: I'm dumb, he's on Berserker Island not Outcast Island, you still need to fix it though lol.

@Dragonrider's Fury Honestly it's harder for me to read, but Light has good reasons for doing it, and from what I know it isn't really grammatically incorrect. It'll probably get easier to read as time goes on, we'e just unused to it lol.)
Last edited by NightFury2001 on 12 Jul 2019, 22:25, edited 2 times in total.
https://nightfury2001.carrd.co/

Light Fury
Cape Starling

NightFury2001
09 Jul 2019, 17:11
(@ToothlessNightFury You should probably do fins then, that would make her seem more aquatic imo.

@Light Fury Cool, nice to see you finally wrote the next part! I have a question though, wasn't Dagur on Outcast Island in Dragondog's last post? lol I guess he immediately went there after he wrote the Terror Mails? xD

@Dragonrider's Fury Honestly it's harder for me to read, but Light has good reasons for doing it, and from what I know it isn't really grammatically incorrect. It'll probably get easier to read as time goes on, we'e just unused to it lol.)
(AARGH I'll definitely need to keep better track of where everyone is from now on. I'll go back and see what changes need to be made. Might make a post to make sure we're all on the same page. Guess this is just an issue with having a huge and complex RP which is perhaps really just a very big fanfic with multiple authors XD)

NightFury2001
Has left

Light Fury
09 Jul 2019, 17:19
NightFury2001

@Light Fury Cool, nice to see you finally wrote the next part! I have a question though, wasn't Dagur on Outcast Island in Dragondog's last post? lol I guess he immediately went there after he wrote the Terror Mails? xD

(AARGH I'll definitely need to keep better track of where everyone is from now on. I'll go back and see what changes need to be made. Might make a post to make sure we're all on the same page. Guess this is just an issue with having a huge and complex RP which is perhaps really just a very big fanfic with multiple authors XD)
(Yeah, making a post like that seems like a good idea. xD xD)
https://nightfury2001.carrd.co/

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

NightFury2001

(okay makes sense to me. I don't think I'll make her a full sea dragon that can breathe underwater, just able to swim and glide in the water well. Thanks for your thoughts! :) )
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney