Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Superhero Dragon Riders!
Topic Started: 09 Jul 2019, 19:19 (27588 Views)
ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Light Fury
09 Jul 2019, 16:32
Dragonrider's Fury
09 Jul 2019, 16:30
(Yay, finally officially moving forward somewhat. Quick question, though: What is with using "they", "their", "themselves", and the like, instead of "he", "her", "his", "hers", "himself", "herself"? That kind of grammar annoys me. :/ )
(I see you missed my mentioning this in the dragon chat. I have decided to renounce using gendered pronouns unless explicitly told by a specific person that they do not want gender-neutral pronouns used with them.

As for "that kind of grammar", here's a list of sources that prove it is grammatically correct and has been for centuries: https://twitter.com/mirrorsartworks/sta ... 5176028160)
(as a heads up then can you use she and him for my characters (all of them) please? personally, I prefer it. :) )
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar
Night Fury, Light Fury, Deadly Nadder, Razorwhip hybrid

Ottar still sat in his chair, still sharpening his dagger for a while. Then he got up, placed his dagger on a small table next to his chair and walked over to the front door. Venomjaw slunk over to him and looked up into Ottar's eyes expectantly. "No, you stay," Ottar instructed his dragon. Venomjaw was saddened, he always went everywhere with Ottar, but he reluctantly obeyed. Ottar patted his dragon's head before grabbing a sword he had leaning up against the wall and walking outside.

It was a cool, crisp night, there was a slight breeze in the air and a light covering of snow on the ground. Ottar stepped a small ways away from his house, which was a fairly big log cabin, and drove his sword into the ground. He could just see the light of torches coming from Dragon Hunter's camp. They were closing in on him. A surge of fear went through Ottar as he thought about what would be done to him, and more importantly, Venomjaw, if they were found. He was sure Grimmel held a grudge against him, and he knew he would never return to his former dragon hunting life.

He stood out there for quite some time, lost in thought. On the one hand he had lived in his cabin for four years and the Dragon Hunters had come by occasionally and set up camp on the same island and had never once found a trace of him. On the other hand, this was the closest the Hunters had ever been to his cabin, and if they went down below the cliff they would find strange human and dragon footprints, they would know someone was there, and they would be out looking for him.

Ottar troubled himself with these thoughts well into the night. In the extremely early hours of the morning when it was still completely dark out Ottar decided to get a few hours of sleep. He went back to the house where Venomjaw exuberantly greeted him. He grabbed his dagger that he had left on the table, went into his room, put the dagger under his pillow, and laid on the bed, thoughts still racing.
All form of PMs are turned strictly off, no exceptions, thank you for understanding.

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

(Well @Light Fury, consider this me explicitly telling you. :P )
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

Light Fury
Cape Starling

ToothlessNightFury
09 Jul 2019, 19:19
Light Fury
Dragonrider's Fury
09 Jul 2019, 16:30
(Yay, finally officially moving forward somewhat. Quick question, though: What is with using "they", "their", "themselves", and the like, instead of "he", "her", "his", "hers", "himself", "herself"? That kind of grammar annoys me. :/ )
(I see you missed my mentioning this in the dragon chat. I have decided to renounce using gendered pronouns unless explicitly told by a specific person that they do not want gender-neutral pronouns used with them.

As for "that kind of grammar", here's a list of sources that prove it is grammatically correct and has been for centuries: https://twitter.com/mirrorsartworks/sta ... 5176028160)
(as a heads up then can you use she and him for my characters (all of them) please? personally, I prefer it. :) )
(Sure. And I'm guessing you mean to include Kim and Shego too?)

Brother in arms of the forgotten disaster branch, Saturn Starlings.

Light Fury
Cape Starling

Dragonrider's Fury
09 Jul 2019, 19:33
(elaborate pls)

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

Light Fury
Dragonrider's Fury

( >I have [implicitly] explicitly told you. What, pray tell, needs elaboration? Was it really that unclear? :P )

Team Pathetic Banner

Light Fury
Cape Starling

Dragonrider's Fury
09 Jul 2019, 23:29
Light Fury
Dragonrider's Fury

( >I have [implicitly] explicitly told you. What, pray tell, needs elaboration? Was it really that unclear? :P )

(ok, but is this for just you and which gender?)

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

(Me and all my characters I'm controlling. And I think you know me well enough to logically deduce, if nothing else, the answer. ^_^ )

Team Pathetic Banner

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Light Fury
09 Jul 2019, 22:39
ToothlessNightFury
09 Jul 2019, 19:19
Light Fury

(Sure. And I'm guessing you mean to include Kim and Shego too?)
(Yes please! And thank you! :D )
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(Magin's next part!)

Magin must have fallen asleep, because he was awoken by red streaks of light in the eastern sky. Sunrise. He had to leave quickly, before Ottar and Venomjaw got up.
His legs were slightly shaky as he stood up from the bed and placed his feet into Ottar’s boots, but he had no other effects from the paralysis of the Deathgripper venom. He made his way to the door, opened it as quietly as he could, and went into the winter air.
Now that he was outside, he took a moment to get his bearings. The cliff was located towards the east, jutting over the coast, where Ghost hopefully was.
Magin walked across the sand until he was just in front of the cliff, and called for his wolf.
“Ghost!”
He normally howled back if they had been separated from each other, but this time he didn’t. Magin whistled, and he still couldn’t hear anything.
Becoming worried, he looked around the coastline, and that was when he realised that the red light in the east wasn’t the sunrise at all, but the flames of a campfire on the cliff. The dragon hunters must have rested here for the night, hoping to capture him.
He heard the whisper of wingbeats.
Last night, Ottar had told him about his dragon hunting past, and he had also shared a few things about Grimmel. He said that the old dragon hunter had six Deathgrippers enslaved to him, drugged into utter obedience with their own venom, and he controlled them like dogs, using whistles to call them.
Magin realised that whistling was the worst thing he could have done. The Deathgrippers would automatically fly towards him, assuming that he was Grimmel, and when they saw that he wasn’t—
Refusing to think about that, he started to run, sprinting towards the sea as fast as he could go, and stopped when he reached a grey shape lying near the water. A movement caught his eye, and one of the Deathgrippers flew so close that its wings skimmed the waves, splashing Ghost’s face with freezing seawater.
The wolf opened his golden eyes and sneezed. Then he stood up just as the six Deathgrippers landed on the sand, extending their tusks and unsheathing their stingers.
Ghost snarled at them, baring his teeth and wrapping his tail around Magin’s legs protectively. But he was completely helpless against the Deathgrippers’ sedative sting, and their tusks, talons, fangs and fire. The one-eyed Deathgripper at the front of the group lunged forwards—
Venomjaw tackled it, and Magin heard footsteps behind him.
“Run!” Ottar yelled.
With Ghost bounding ahead, they ran towards the sea, but before they could reach it, the five remaining Deathgrippers blocked their path.
Venomjaw stabbed his stinger into the one-eyed Deathgripper, immediately sedating it. Then he flew to help Ottar.
“Venomjaw, no!” Ottar shouted, knowing that it was madness for an adolescent Deathgripper to attack five fully-grown ones. The young dragon understood, and instead he grabbed Ottar in his talons, along with Magin and Ghost. Then he flew off, with the five Deathgrippers racing after him in frenzied bloodlust.
Ottar pulled himself onto Venomjaw’s back and unstrapped his bow, made of wood from the forest that covered most of Changewing Island. Then he turned around so that he was facing the Deathgrippers, and started shooting arrows at them. Abruptly, the Deathgrippers stopped and flew away. At first, Ottar thought that they were afraid of the arrows, before he realised how ridiculous that was. The Deathgripper is an apex predator — probably the most dangerous dragon to have ever existed — and it isn’t scared of anything. Grimmel had summoned them.
Ottar sighed with relief — relaxing slightly now that Venomjaw wasn’t under immediate threat from the Deathgrippers — and turned around, helping Magin onto Venomjaw’s back.
“Thanks. Where are we going now?”
“Anywhere that’s away from the Deathgrippers and Grimmel.”
“What’s the closest island?”
“The Island of Frigg, but we can’t go there — the Grimora leeches would infect Venomjaw. Botany Blight is also out of the question — the blue oleander flowers would poison him.”
“What’s after that?”
“Outcast Island. I think that will be a safe place to land for the moment. The local chieftain is allied with the Dragon Master, so he’ll probably be friendly to dragon riders.”
It was nightfall when they reached Outcast Island. Venomjaw lowered Ghost gently onto the black, rocky beach, and Ottar helped Magin down from the young dragon, but he stayed in the saddle.
“Aren’t you coming?”
“No. I’m going to check if we’ve been followed. In the meantime, see if you can get something for our dinner.” Ottar gave Magin his bow and a quiverful of his arrows. Venomjaw climbed onto a rock spire and pushed off from it, launching into the air.
Fixing the bow to his back and adjusting the quiver on his shoulder, Magin walked forwards. Now recovered from his experience of hanging from a dragon’s talons for most of the day, Ghost stuck close to Magin protectively, prepared to defend his best friend from anything that was hidden in the shadows.
Magin looked around for prey, but the area seemed to be barren. So much for this island being “safe”, he thought, irritated at Ottar. We’re not going to be safe if we starve to death.
To his relief, after continuing to explore the coastline, he eventually came across a dragon slumped near some rocks, apparently asleep for the night. With its fat body, it seemed like it would make for a good meal. He unstrapped the bow from his back and nocked an arrow to the string.
He was just about to shoot when he heard the sound of a young animal crying.

(So, it looks like Magin will be the first person to find Little Moon.

On a side note, I have a headcanon that the one-eyed Deathgripper is actually the alpha of the pack, and he lost his eye in the fight for dominance with the previous leader, who he killed.)
Last edited by BooksAreLikeDragons on 10 Jul 2019, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE