Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
"He's Not the Only One" AU
Topic Started: 20 Dec 2019, 17:47 (39310 Views)
Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

"I didn't say that..." he began, but under Hiccup's deadpan scowl, he finished, "but no. Not at all. Not even slightly. And strangely, we're not even shook up about it, are we, Sis?"
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar
Night Fury, Light Fury, Deadly Nadder, Razorwhip hybrid

"Not at all," Ruffnut smiled.
Hiccup sighed, "Astrid, could you go find the Deathgripper for me?" He lowered his voice, "I would do it myself believe me, but of course I have this wonderful trial that I must attend."

Meanwhile Cadell had found the Deathgripper. He just outside the village hidden behind a tree, he had been provided a hood that was currently shadowing his face but he was still nervous about going into the village. He told himself it wasn't fear, he had climbed up to the island using grappling hooks after all, he just needed to rest a little. He was watching the Deathgripper chow down on fish at a feeding station. Deathgripper? he though, amazed, These Dragon Riders have Deathgrippers? There was only one other person Cadell was aware of who had Deathgrippers and it wasn't Drago.
All form of PMs are turned strictly off, no exceptions, thank you for understanding.

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

"Sure, Hiccup," Astrid replied, smiling. "Can't be that hard. And even if it isn't on New Berk anymore, Stormfly should be able to track it down." She turned to leave the not-quite-finished Great Hall, as Hiccup started to get everything in order for a proper trial.
(So from here should I continue with Astrid's PoV, or should we go to the trial?)

Team Pathetic Banner

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar

"Don't hurt him," the prisoner called after Astrid with concern in his voice.
"This is New Berk, all dragons are welcome here," Hiccup consoled the prisoner.
"Deathgrippers have a bad reputation," the prisoner sighed, "I always have to double check."
------------------------------
(Hm, either way would work. Maybe we start out with the trial and then switch back and forth between the trial and Astrid's POV until they meet up again?)
All form of PMs are turned strictly off, no exceptions, thank you for understanding.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(@NightLightNadderWhip, @Dragonrider's Fury, I'm just letting you both know that I haven't left the RP or anything, don't worry. I'm just waiting until I can write the next part. :))
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

Magin sat in one of the chairs next to Lucretia, watching as everyone took their seats in preparation for the trial. All except Hiccup, who stood before the prisoner. So far, he seemed like a fair leader — after all, he'd allowed them both to remain on his island for as long as they liked, and they'd been given a room to stay in, despite being complete strangers to him — but this trial would determine what sort of chieftain he truly was.
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar

Toothless went up to the prisoner and sniffed him. Hiccup watched intently to see what Toothless would do. Dragons are a better judge of character than humans. The prisoner looked at Toothless with amazement; Toothless purred. Hiccup knew he would take this into consideration when deciding the verdict.
---------------------
(So, how should we do the trial? Kinda like the one in Defenders of the Wing Part 1? I figure the twins and Hiccup will both be asking Ottar questions and stuff?)

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(Sounds good. :))

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

(Sounds good to me, but maybe I should do a little research as to how Vikings actually historically conducted trials...)

Team Pathetic Banner

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar

(You made me curious so I tried to see if I could find anything, according to one source the most civilized version sort of resembled modern day trials, however I don't know the credibility of the source.)
--------------------------
Fishlegs stood before the crowd, he cleared his throat, "Chief Hiccup of New Berk shall now preside over this trial." Then he took his seat.
The crowd went silent.
Hiccup stepped forward, "We are here today because the twins Ruffnut and Tuffnut have accused this man," he gestured to the prisoner, "of attempting to sneak into New Berk for reasons unknown." He turned to the twins, "Anything you'd like to add?"