Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
"He's Not the Only One" AU
Topic Started: 23 Dec 2019, 19:34 (39340 Views)
BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(This might be useful: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thing_( ... al_society)
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

"Yeah. He was riding a Deathgripper," provided Tuffnut, then lowered his voice and continued, "which may currently be running rampant all around New Berk and causing chaos and mayhem."
As Astrid stepped out of the Great Hall, the trial was just getting started. She whistled for Stormfly, and lightly sprang to the saddle as her dragon landed. "Come on, Stormfly!" she encouraged, looking around. "Let's go track down a Deathgripper." Stormfly squawked in acknowledgement, and set off on foot.
Last edited by Dragonrider's Fury on 31 Dec 2019, 20:45, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar
Night Fury, Light Fury, Deadly Nadder, Razorwhip hybrid

Chatter suddenly broke out in the Great Hall. "Deathgripper!?"
"Yes, a Deathgripper, but don't worry, its all under control," Hiccup announced; thank Thor they hadn't heard the second part of Tuffnut's sentence. He then turned to the prisoner who had a disapproving look on his face as he observed the crowd's reactions to his Deathgripper. "What's your name, prisoner?" Hiccup asked.
The prisoner looked up at Hiccup, "Ottar."
"Well, Ottar, why were you coming to New Berk?"
"In all honesty I wasn't planning on it, I didn't even know 'New Berk' existed."
"Liar!" Ruffnut butted in, "He knew you existed," she told Hiccup.
"That doesn't mean I knew about New Berk," Ottar pointed out.
"How'd you know about me?" Hiccup inquired.
"Everyone knows about the Night Fury trainer, Dragon Master, defeater of Grimmel the Grisly," an involuntary shiver went down his spine at the mention of Grimmel, "but last anyone heard while fighting Grimmel the Dragon Master went off the map, looks like the stories were true."
All form of PMs are turned strictly off, no exceptions, thank you for understanding.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

"What's a Deathgripper?" Magin asked in confusion. "And who is Grimmel the Grisly?"
A few seats across from him, a large young man with pale skin and blond hair — the one who announced that Hiccup was to preside over the trial — stood up from his chair and removed a small pouch from his belt. Opening it, he took out some cards. After searching briefly, he found the one that he was looking for, and started walking up to Magin. He saw that the man had green eyes and a keen look on his chubby face as he quickly made his way over.
"This is a Deathgripper." The man gave the card to Magin so he could see it, and he recoiled in horror.
"Yep, that's the usual reaction," the prisoner muttered, before the male twin with the blond dreadlocks — Tuffnut, apparently — ordered him to be silent.
With its blood-red scales, tusks protruding from its mouth, razor-sharp pincers that it seemed to use for walking, and the stinger on the end of its tail, the drawing of the creature looked like some sort of grotesque nightmare.
The man didn't seem to think so. In fact, instead of seeming terrified by the demon, he was apparently excited by it. He took the card from Magin and started to read from it with eager enthusiasm.
"Dragon classification: Strike Class. Fire type: shots of acid. Armoured plates along the back. Sedative sting. Colours: red and black–"
"Okay, Fishlegs, I think our guest gets the idea. Could you please sit down and allow me to continue with the trial?" Hiccup asked.
"Yeah, everyone knows you eat the Book of Dragons with your breakfast," a dark-haired man said loudly, who looked as arrogant as he was stocky and muscular, while the twins grinned in amusement. Magin thought that a good punch in the face would wipe the man's smug smile off his lips. And it would probably improve his appearance.
Fishlegs ignored the taunting. "Of course, Chief," he responded, and returned to his seat.
Hiccup turned back to the prisoner and opened his mouth to say something, but the other man spoke first.
"Grimmel the Grisly," he said, "was a dragon hunter." Even though he looked a few years older than Magin, perhaps just shy of his mid-twenties, fear was clearly visible in his dark blue eyes, making him look younger than he was. "He dedicated his life to killing Night Furies, as his forefathers had, and he's the reason why I have my Deathgripper — Venomjaw — in the first place. But when the Dragon Master triumphed over him in their battle, he fell into the sea and died from drowning."
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

"Aha!" Tuffnut jumped on his prisoner's words. "See? He works for Grimmel! He even admits it himself! Time for the execution!" He jumped up, looking out across the Great Hall, and demanded, "Who's with me?!"
As Stormfly and Astrid slowly picked their way toward the center of New Berk, and the feeding stations erected there, both looked around, trying to spot the Deathgripper --Venomjaw, Astrid reminded herself-- in the ever-deepening dusk. But for the scattered torches around the village and the feeble illumination they cast, the island was already nearly as dark as Toothless' scales.

As they passed one of the myriad trees on their island, Astrid stiffened is the saddle. She could have sworn she saw part of the trunk or shadow move, ever so slightly. She peered intently into the darkness, but saw nothing more. Warrior's senses fully alert, she and Stormfly made to continue on their way.
(I'm not quite sure why, but I was getting the definite impression that it was evening, so I took that and ran with it. Hope you don't mind.)

Team Pathetic Banner

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar

Ottar raised his eyes to heavens, "That's not what I said!" But Tuffnut was already getting the crowd worked up; not to mention Ruffnut was standing as tall as she could on the table pumping her fist in the air and shouting "Execution" over and over again.
"Tuffnut, there will be no execution," Hiccup sighed, facepalming.
-----------------------------------
Cadell flattened himself against the tree trunk, he heard heavy footsteps close by. Glancing around he could make out the silhouette of a dragon, his dragon hunter eyes could tell it was an average sized Deadly Nadder. But looking again he saw the dragon was not alone, something--no--someone was riding it. He watched the Nadder carefully for a bit before deciding it was a safe enough distance away, then he very quietly, very carefully, started to walk away.
All form of PMs are turned strictly off, no exceptions, thank you for understanding.

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar

Then a twig snapped.
To his utter horror Cadell turned his head downward to see the broken twig under his feet.

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

(...That wasn't what I was hoping would happen. I had planned on Cadell staying at the tree for a little longer. Oh well, I can work with it.)
Astrid had never planned on going very far from that tree. She was just about to draw her axe and have Stormfly spin around and charge back toward it when the sharp CRACK! of the stick being snapped echoed through the night, seeming to reverberate all around the mostly-dark village.

Stormfly spun and leapt, uncommanded, and landed on something. There was a grunt, then a groan. "Good catch, Stormfly!" Astrid praised, then jumped to the ground, axe at the ready. In the darkness, she could just make out the shape of a human, pinned underneath Stormfly's talons.
"Who are you and what are you doing here?" There was a low, dangerous edge to Astrid's voice, and she put her axe to his neck.

Team Pathetic Banner

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar

(Oops, Sorry.)
------------------
Cadell glanced down at the razor sharp blade at his throat, then up at the Deadly Nadder called Stormfly who seemed to have grown ten times bigger now that she was right on top of him, and finally at the girl threatening him with her axe. He certainly couldn't tell her he was sent here by Drago, then his fate would be certain death, whether he was killed by this girl or Drago himself.
"My name's Cadell," he started, "I was sent here," he paused for half a second, "by Grimmel the Grisly," Cadell blurted out the first name that came to mind.

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

"By Grimmel?" Astrid's incredulous tone clearly indicated she wasn't buying it. "He's dead. Hiccup said he fell into the sea." She withdrew her axe. "Stormfly, take him with you back to the Great Hall. Hiccup will be interested in what he has to say under interrogation." Astrid put slight but unmistakable emphasis on the last two words. "I still need to track down that Deathgripper."
Stormfly squawked in acknowledgement, and carefully but firmly gripping the prisoner in her talons, took off in the direction they had come from.
Last edited by Dragonrider's Fury on 16 Jan 2020, 14:17, edited 1 time in total.

Team Pathetic Banner