Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
"He's Not the Only One" AU
Topic Started: 13 Dec 2019, 15:38 (39240 Views)
Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

"Of course!" Tuffnut exclaimed, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "We," he gestured between himself and his sister, "would have been dead long ago otherwise." He then snickered, "Not to mention Snotlout, with how often he gets his butt lit on fire."
At that, Hookfang began to laugh, too.
Proverbs 25:11

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
Proverbs 15:1

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

Team Pathetic Banner

Awesome Secret Odin 2019 GIFt set from Inhonoredglory. Thanks a ton! :-D
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar
Night Fury, Light Fury, Deadly Nadder, Razorwhip hybrid

"Hey!" Snotlout exclaimed crossly. "Stop laughing," he whispered to Hookfang.
"Good," Ottar said, "we should probably get going then?"
"Prisoners can't tell captors what to do!" Ruffnut called down to Ottar, then she turned to her brother and Snotlout, "We should probably go back to New Berk now."
Ottar facepalmed yet again.
And with that the Nuts, Snotlout, and their prisoners set off towards New Berk.
All form of PMs are turned strictly off, no exceptions, thank you for understanding.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(Okay, I'm finally finished! Sorry this part took so long, but I knew it was going to be quite big, and I wanted to make sure I got it right. Here you go. :))

When Magin opened his eyes, he didn’t know where he was.
He heard the crackle of flames, and after seeing that he and Lucretia were wrapped in furs next to the fireplace, he realised they were inside someone’s house. His mouth tasted salty, like he’d been in the sea. Then he forgot about that as the scent of something delicious reached his nose. It was meat stew, placed in two bowls on the wooden table. He thought about trying some, but he felt his guts heave and he retched, spewing up the seawater still left in his system, combined with most of what he’d eaten that day.
The front door opened, and a young, handsome man with unkempt auburn hair walked in, followed by… some sort of black, winged creature.
“What in the name of the gods is that?” Magin asked, attempting to hide his fear.
The creature heard his voice, and its baleful green eyes focused on him. With horrifying speed, it bounded over, and suddenly Magin had the urge to retch again. He tried to resist, but his body wanted to rid itself of the remaining water that he’d mysteriously swallowed, and he threw up what seemed like half the sea, including the rest of the food in his stomach. The creature rumbled in delight, and to Magin’s disgust, it began to eat his vomit.
The man glanced at him. His eyes were forest-green, reminding Magin of the vast woods that covered his homeland in the North. “That’s Toothless, my dragon. He’s a Night Fury.”
Dragon? Magin had only heard of those great, fire-breathing lizards in stories.
“Don’t worry, he won’t hurt you,” the man insisted. “Sometimes a dragon will regurgitate its food for another one. If they like them, they’ll eat the offering. He just wants to be friends with you.”
Toothless walked closer towards Magin, crooning happily. Despite the man’s reassurances, he didn’t trust the dragon, and panic overwhelmed him. He cried out in fear, and drew out the dagger that he always kept hidden in his boot, pointing the blade at the creature threateningly.
Instantly, the dragon’s purring turned into a low, rumbling growl, deep in his throat, and he pressed his ear-plates flat against his head. His eyes narrowed, and his pupils changed to catlike slits. He pulled his razor-sharp white teeth back from his lips in a snarl.
Lucretia had been awoken by Magin’s scream, and she sat up. When she saw Toothless, she looked like she was going to pass out again.
“Easy, bud,” the man said softly, laying his hand on the Night Fury’s snout. The dragon relaxed, but he was still wary. “Sorry,” the man apologised. “He can be suspicious of new people.”
“We’re not very comfortable with strangers either,” Lucretia snapped, her fear coming out as anger. “Tell us who you are.” She took Magin’s dagger from his hand and walked towards the man, as if she was going to threaten him for answers, but her legs buckled and she went down.
“As Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third, chief of New Berk, I give the orders on this island,” the man growled between gritted teeth. “You’re both very weak, and you’ve lost a lot of energy. So you will sit down and you will eat. Then we will ask questions. Got it?”
“Yes,” Magin and Lucretia muttered as they took their seats at the table.
“Good.”
The meat stew was delicious, and still hot. They realised that they were hungrier than they thought, and the food brought warmth and energy back into their bodies. Finally, when he couldn’t eat anything more, Magin asked why they were here in the first place.
Hiccup sighed. “The twins — Ruffnut and Tuffnut — told me that your ship had crashed into one of the sea stacks. You both nearly drowned, and you passed out because the sea was so cold, but they rescued you. They brought you here to New Berk, and took you to our healer. She said that you’d caught the freezing sickness, and you almost died. I put blankets around you both, and you slept by the fireplace. You know the rest.”
He leaned back in his chair and looked at his house guests. They seemed to be the antithesis of each other. The boy had short dark hair, with olive skin and blue eyes like winter. On the other hand, the girl had long blonde hair, pale skin and green eyes that reminded him of the grass in spring. Despite their differences, they both looked like they were in their mid-teens, and shared the same odd accent, tall, lean body, and most intriguing of all, that strange mark on the back of their neck. It looked like a raven in flight inside the letter C, stained black with ash. He had no clue what it was. Their tribe tattoo, maybe? He decided to ask them.
“Now that you’ve asked me a question, I have one for you. What’s that mark on the back of your neck? Is it your name?”
The boy was silent for a long time before he spoke. “No,” he said eventually. “It’s not my name. I’m called Magin, and my friend is Lucretia. But it’s the name of the man who we’re running away from.”
“And I thought my name was weird,” Hiccup remarked. Then he was serious again. “That’s why you were on the ship, wasn’t it? To escape?”
Neither Magin or Lucretia said anything.
“Alright,” he said. “You don’t trust me. I get it. But you have nothing to fear from me. As long as you’re on this island, no harm will come to you. In fact, you’re probably safest here right now. Nobody will be able to find you. This is New Berk, and just like Old Berk, this place is the best kept secret this side of… well, anywhere.”
“Why?” Magin asked.
Hiccup’s face took on a grim expression. “There are some who don’t appreciate our way of life with dragons.”

(I know this part ends on a weird note, but I was hoping that it could cut to Drago's first scene. Also, the "freezing sickness" is hypothermia, in case you didn't know. :P)
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

-{Removed}-
Last edited by Dragonrider's Fury on 19 Dec 2019, 12:45, edited 2 times in total.

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(@Dragonrider's Fury, the next part of the RP was supposed to be Drago's first scene. That was why I ended Magin and Lucretia's introduction in the way I did. Would it be okay if you wrote Astrid's scene after Drago's introduction is finished? :))
Books are like dragons... if we do not believe in them, and read them, they will cease to exist.
How then will we learn the language and understand the stories of the dear dead ghosts of the past?

IMPORTANT NOTICE

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar

(I think we could work it in this way as well, maybe Astrid saw some strange ships off New Berk's coast but when they reach it the ships are gone, then the scene switches to the spy recalling Drago's instructions.
Whichever way you guys like better is fine by me.)
All form of PMs are turned strictly off, no exceptions, thank you for understanding.

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(I like your idea. :))

IMPORTANT NOTICE

NightLightNadderWhip
Member Avatar

(Okay, cool! :))
Last edited by NightLightNadderWhip on 18 Dec 2019, 21:50, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonrider's Fury
Skrill

(Oh, right. Sorry. Uh, well, I guess we could just ignore my post for the moment. While we could do your idea, NLNW, it's really not what I was going to do. So... yeah, ignore my post. I'll remake it after Drago's intro or whatever. )

Team Pathetic Banner

BooksAreLikeDragons
Scribe of Berk

(It's fine. :))

IMPORTANT NOTICE