Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Extended version of HTTYD
Topic Started: 10 Apr 2014, 07:07 (4863 Views)
Hiccupfriend
Terrible Terror

I was wondering myself if I could change something on HTTYD what would it be. I don't want to change a thing so I thought which scene should be extended or made longer in the movie. What are your thoughts, should the flying sequences be longer or do you want more dragon training lessons. I know this cannot happen real but I think it might be interesting.

I think myself we should have seen more scenes like the test drive scene, because without any words they are saying so much!
'I looked at him and saw myself' Hiccup
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

The Hiccstrid Forge scene. It would've revealed so much more about their relationship prior to Toothless (thus making it seem less rushed). Plus I found it pretty funny!
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

I really loved the scenes without speech, which is uncommon for animated movies but the quality in DreamWorks is just so wonderful it worked so well.

If I had to ask for another scene, I'd probably be one like that. Possibly between the main gang and their dragons before the get to dragon island? I always wondered what exactly went down; how they each went about befriending their dragons instead of running to kill them.

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

WasBornCrazy
i dont think my avatar is working but ehh

I actually want to see just before Hiccup wakes up... It'd be nice to see how Gobber made the prosthetic foot....
i'm not very active anymore!! it's sad, but i'll come back sometimes to feel nostalgic ahaha

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

I would have loved to see more flight scenes, because they were animated great.

Plus I'm curious how the relationship between Hiccup and Astrid was before the Dragon Training lessons, because in the beginning of the movie I had the Feeling that Astrid didn't hate Hiccup as much as she does in the Training lessons.

The last thing I would've liked to know is how everyone dealt with the fact that Hiccup was injured and probably close to death after his battle. I bet Toothless, Astrid and Stoick would be sick with worry.

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

I understand why this would have been a bit of useless scene but I always thought having a small moment after Romantic Flight where Astrid walked past the caged dragons in the arena and left them so fish, or something nice. Just to show her trying to move forward with Hiccup.

Sounds silly, I just think it would have been nice on the account of Hiccup changing her point of view quite a bit, to show a moment where she tries to change.

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

TheBlackFluffyThing
10 Apr 2014, 16:55
I would have loved to see more flight scenes, because they were animated great.

Plus I'm curious how the relationship between Hiccup and Astrid was before the Dragon Training lessons, because in the beginning of the movie I had the Feeling that Astrid didn't hate Hiccup as much as she does in the Training lessons.

The last thing I would've liked to know is how everyone dealt with the fact that Hiccup was injured and probably close to death after his battle. I bet Toothless, Astrid and Stoick would be sick with worry.
The Forge scene strongly implies that she doesn't hate Hiccup, and may have even a slight thing for him.
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

ToothlessNightFury
Toothless

Hiccup teaching the others more about flying the dragons

What happens between them finding Hiccup after teh battle of the Red Death and him waking up

like Gobber working with toothless to make the new saddle and tail fin
and him making Hiccup's leg.
Believe a Dragon Can Thaw A Frozen Heart Role Play Based of HTTYD and Frozen

Around here we don't look back. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious...and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.-Walt Disney

Spineblade
Dragon Egg

Valka
10 Apr 2014, 16:56
I always thought having a small moment after Romantic Flight where Astrid walked past the caged dragons in the arena and left them so fish, or something nice. Just to show her trying to move forward with Hiccup.
Excellent idea, it would really have put something between leaving the cove and the Kill Ring.

Dragon Wings
Dragon Defender

Good thought, While the movie is perfect the way it is, wouldn't change a thing, if I had to maybe a little more of the other teens rather then just mainly Hiccup. But not enough to take away from the focus on him. And more Stoick/Gobber maybe? But definitely a little further on Hiccups relationship with his father and a little more on his relationship with Astrid and interacting with her before the Romantic Flight scene when she still hated him?
And we've killed thousands of them! They defend themselves, that's all! ~Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III