Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
  • Pages:
Favorite HTTYD soundtrack cue
Topic Started: 29 Apr 2014, 19:23 (4873 Views)
chimuelo
Blacksmith Apprentice

The fact is, practically every song in the album is noteworthy! Obviously, Test Drive is a clear winner, but I find it's even more powerful along with the visuals (the same goes for Forbidden Friendship). I feel that New Tail and See You Tomorrow are much stronger stand-alone pieces, but of course they're definitely enhanced by the actual scenes. I consider these four songs the "core four" because they're sequential and they keep the middle of the movie moving forward.

New Tail is a personal favorite, because it weaves Hiccup's theme (also heard in The Downed Dragon and Ready the Ships) and the adventurous theme (heard in This is Berk, This Time for Sure, and Astrid Goes For a Spin). Moreover, both themes are portrayed in their strongest form in New Tail. Maybe I'm just biased because it's the only track I can play in its entirety on guitar. :$
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

I have no idea what it's called but i like the one during Toothless and Hiccup's first flight… when he flies without using the cheat sheet? I think it's 'test flight'

and of course sticks and stones
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns

AuroraBorealis
Monstrous Nightmare

MudkipStar
01 May 2014, 00:26
I have no idea what it's called but i like the one during Toothless and Hiccup's first flight… when he flies without using the cheat sheet? I think it's 'test flight'

and of course sticks and stones
Test Drive, I think you mean. :D
What should I write on my signature? Hmm...
I am a Httyd, Gravity Falls and Portal (One and two) fan.
I'm also a bookworm and an introvert.
That was pretty random, but that's me summed up in two sentences.

Norskie
Member Avatar
Norskie

1) Romantic Flight
2) Where's Hiccup
3) Test Drive
4) See You Tomorrow

Uff da, yo.

Toothless
the unholy offspring of lightning and death itself

Top five 1. Test drive
2. Forbidden friendship
3. Romantic flight
4. This is berk
5. Where's hiccup ( so sad )

And see you tommorow gets a honorable mention

BirdyTheBrave
I like big books and I cannot lie.

All of them! My whole household goes around singing Sticks And Stones (minus parents)
Update guys: It's party time with Joe.

HowToTrainYourFeels
Dragon Egg

Here are mine! -
Forbidden Friendship
Test Drive
See You Tomorrow
Romantic Flight
Coming Back Around
Where's Hiccup?

Spoiler: click to toggle
\

TheBlackFluffyThing
Terrible Terror

1. Forbidden Friendship
This piece of music is not only my favourite HTTYD soundtrack cue, it's the best thing I've ever listened to. Whenever I hear this song I start crying just because it's beautiful.
2. Test Drive
The Test Drive theme fits perfect to the scene. It gives you the Feeling of flying, but still sounds powerful enough to be a dragon's theme. Many other "Flying Themes" are calmer and less powerful, so they fit birds more and a song like e. g. "Flying" from the "Rio" score, would have sounded weird for Toothless' flight.
3. The Downed Dragon
This cue gives me chills whenever I listen to it. It has the right amount of tension for the first meeting of Hiccup and Toothless.

Night Fury: The unholy offspring of lightning and death itself.

mr.k.c.w.
Dragon fan in Hong Kong
[b](Above this title is a very dorky Hiccup.)
[/b]

(I can't pick a top 5 so I'll go with whatever number of tracks that I could think of. Sorry for that.)

13 favourite tracks in the soundtrack(in no particular order):
1. Test Drive
2. Forbidden Friendship
3. Coming Back Around
4. This is Berk
5. Romantic Flight
6. New Tail
7. Astrid Goes For A Spin
8. The Cove
9. Battle of The Green Death (We all know is the Red Death, but John Powell just have to forget that.)
10. This Time For Sure
11. Not So Fireproof
12. See You Tomorrow
13. Sticks And Stones
Nothing is in this signature, except this sentence describing that there is nothing in this signature.

Seriously, I, [INSERT USERNAME HERE] have nothing to say here. Continue on with your viewing of not-so regularly scheduled posts.

[INSERT CALMING, SUITABLE FOR READING MUSIC]

Sorry to interrupt, I just wanna say....uh...what was I trying to say again? Never mind, continue reading.

TheCube42
(As Not Seen on TV)

With respect to the movie: "Forbidden Friendship"

Independently from the movie: "The Kill Ring" (because it's just so well written in multiple viewpoints)
Σ (a sigma-ture)