Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Least Favourite Thing
Topic Started: 18 May 2014, 17:37 (55770 Views)
Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

I think the first one was a promo poster.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

AuroraBorealis
18 May 2014, 21:34
N4raDov
06 May 2014, 15:24
Nightshade
06 May 2014, 15:16
I have found one of the largest mistakes they've made :P
I found it quite some time ago though, but at the scene where astrid see toothless for the first time, if you pause when hiccup holds him back, you can see that his tail is complete! nothing damaged at all.
here's a pic!
Uh, I think that's just an erred promotional photo, not from the movie. I took this screencap myself from the movie, and you can see Toothless' prosthetic tail
That's weird... Hiccup is also wearing two different outfits.
Promo so one did not figure out he rode Toothless in the movie.

AndyMay

[b]
[color=#d51c1c]The Lemon God
[/color]
[/b]

HideousZippleback
20 May 2014, 23:44
AuroraBorealis
18 May 2014, 21:34
N4raDov
06 May 2014, 15:24
Uh, I think that's just an erred promotional photo, not from the movie. I took this screencap myself from the movie, and you can see Toothless' prosthetic tail
That's weird... Hiccup is also wearing two different outfits.
Promo so one did not figure out he rode Toothless in the movie.
Makes sense...
Top Poester for 6 Months Award :D

Dan_Oceans
What do I put here again?

Zer0x
26 Apr 2014, 17:59
I finally found soething in the movie I don't like: The Gronkle.

I mean, what is this? I giant rock-looking bumblebee which eats rocks? This dragon is not even able to fly.
In my dragon universe the Gronkle doesn't exist.
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but I really don't like the Gronckle. I find it unnecessary and I don't like the way it looks.
"can you hear the birds sing? saying go the f*** to sleep (to the sound of les mis)"
Spoiler: click to toggle

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

MC_Oceans
21 May 2014, 00:00
Zer0x

I mean, what is this? I giant rock-looking bumblebee which eats rocks? This dragon is not even able to fly.
I'm not sure if this is sarcasm, but I really don't like the Gronckle. I find it unnecessary and I don't like the way it looks.
I think the Gronckle is amazing because Meatlug and my RP character, Flaern.

I'd make the movie longer and put in the 'axe to grind' deleted scene
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns

ACMusicVids
Hatchling

Pardon me if I sound too boring and serious, but for me funny side-characters are fine, BUT when there is serious and dangerous situations going on, I hate when those continue joking or making fun.

The twins was too much for me - both in movie and especially the series. Gobber too - the "well, most of him" annoys me pretty much since the moments before were so touching :)

Zer0x

[b]Banhammerdragon
[/b]

MC_Oceans
21 May 2014, 00:00
Zer0x

It wasn't sarcasm. I don't like them, too.
UNAMUSED

No, I'm serious....stop it..

barracuda
Member Avatar
Who's afraid of the big, black bat?

I think this here is one of my least favorite scenes:

It's just wrong on so many levels...
  • The wings swing horizontally, not vertically. How the hell is that supposed to produce any lift?
  • The mere look of that huge thing rising vertically into the clouds like it's propelled by rockets. Its massive wings are not even pushing away the clouds.
  • The fact that it can easily keep up with a dragon with the tenth of its own size. The real-life equivalent would be an Airbus 380 hunting a Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor. In vertical flight.
And what's even funnier, flipping the scene by 90 degrees gives it an almost natural feeling. The animations were clearly not designed for this...
and this is our dragon
(oh no not again)
oh isn't it sweet
(i think i have to go)

RealHousewifeofBerk
"You don't know this yet, but people need you."
<3

Definitely that part at the ending? You know, when it ended?

Okay, to be serious, more character development would be nice. There was so much potential with the twins, Snotlout, Fishlegs, and even Astrid and Gobber that could have been explored. Gobber is like more of a father to Hiccup than Stoick is, some people still see Astrid as just the stereotypical "popular blonde B-word" trope, and we don't really know much about the rest of them! Why don't they give us that?
My other fandoms summed up in gifs:

"You have the heart of a Hiro and the soul of a Tadashi."

MudkipStar
im just kinda here well occasionally

barracuda
26 May 2014, 03:40
I think this here is one of my least favorite scenes:

It's just wrong on so many levels...
  • The wings swing horizontally, not vertically. How the hell is that supposed to produce any lift?
  • The mere look of that huge thing rising vertically into the clouds like it's propelled by rockets. Its massive wings are not even pushing away the clouds.
  • The fact that it can easily keep up with a dragon with the tenth of its own size. The real-life equivalent would be an Airbus 380 hunting a Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor. In vertical flight.
And what's even funnier, flipping the scene by 90 degrees gives it an almost natural feeling. The animations were clearly not designed for this...
I wonder if that was how they created the animation, just flipping it 90 degrees...
hi im réka
im developing a mildly unhealthy obsession with obiwan kenobi (more like obiwan kenoBAE am i right)
my personal tumblr is ninja-stop
im also writing a fantasy/humor novel called RESET which i won nanowrimo 2015 with i have a writing tumblr for it if you wanna check that out
yeah thats it this probably isnt what should go in a signature but w/e
i have 2 pet buns