Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Least Favourite Thing
Topic Started: 23 Apr 2014, 19:44 (55793 Views)
IcelandicEel
Administrator

I have a least favorite part of HTTYD. I'm not super fond of the scenes after Romantic Flight where Hiccup and Toothless are following the dragons up until they land in the cove and Astrid runs back to Berk. I couldn't tell you why, I just don't find that part as interesting or entertaining as the rest of the film. They're fine scenes, I just don't feel like they're as memorable as the rest of HTTYD.
Did someone say... dragons?
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Quote:

I have a least favorite part of HTTYD. I'm not super fond of the scenes after Romantic Flight where Hiccup and Toothless are following the dragons up until they land in the cove and Astrid runs back to Berk. I couldn't tell you why, I just don't find that part as interesting or entertaining as the rest of the film. They're fine scenes, I just don't feel like they're as memorable as the rest of HTTYD.

Although I agree, that is the hardest part of the movie to watch 15+ times, but that 1st time that we all watched it, it would have been much more confusing had it not been there. And that first time we all did watch was the first time we saw the red death sooo.... I agree that it is the least entertaining part of the movie, but it's also one of the most necessary, especially for the first watch. :p
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

IcelandicEel
23 Apr 2014, 23:44
I want to make sure I'm on the same page here. Are you including the scene where Astrid asks Hiccup what his plan is and he tells her he'll think of something?
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

IcelandicEel
Administrator

No, I'm thinking page 66 to page 69 in the script. From here

To here

Like I said, it's a fine scene. Just not my favorite. And it is a 105 page script. So saying that the only part you didn't like as much is three pages long is pretty impressive. :)
Did someone say... dragons?

Demonwolf002
Lone Dragon

IcelandicEel
25 Apr 2014, 02:45
No, I'm thinking page 66 to page 69 in the script. From here

To here

Like I said, it's a fine scene. Just not my favorite. And it is a 105 page script. So saying that the only part you didn't like as much is three pages long is pretty impressive. :)
Spoiler: click to toggle
This is what I was referring to, and it is in between those 2 scenes. Personally the scene I'm referring to I feel is a fairly important end to some scenes that happen earlier in the movie. So I feel if this in particular wasn't there then it wouldn't have the same impact. I don't want to derail this thread with a whole lot of detail into why I see this and how those scenes have started to come across to me(maybe I should get all of my thoughts together and make a post on it sometime), but while not my favorite scenes either I do feel that if this scene and the scene where we see the Red death weren't there we would lose quite a bit of context. I will agree though these particular scenes are some of my least favorite since this is where the movie starts to feel a bit off at least to me. To give an idea this is where it possibly starts to feel like that tie in point for the beginning and end of the movie. Or possibly a little bit rushed also the possibility that it feels like we're still missing some context around this point of the movie. As you said though it definitely says something that to only have a problem with three pages of 105 page script. To top it off though if I'm not mistaken the movie was also under crunch time when Dean and Chris got a hold of it. So that also speaks volumes to what they were able to pull off as well.
Spoiler: click to toggle
See you in the skies Dragon Rider!

The Dragon Root:Thing what I wrote.

Is Toothless Evil? :Me possibly being crazy, but fun.

The BerkCast The HTTYD podcast, you should listen.

HideousZippleback

[color=blue]I'm just here for Snotlout.
[/color]

The first script page where Toothless barks "Queit". Yuck. I hate the idea of him talking. It rubs me in some many ways and I hate it.

DragonDreamer
Dragon Scribe

I don't think it should change.
What dragon dreams are made of.

SplashTheScauldron
Most inactive ass in the fandom

Uhm... let the twins and snotlout get their own film XD
Yes, I ship Dagur and Hiccup.

I apologize for cringy posts I made some years ago