Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Movie Commentary
Topic Started: 22 Apr 2014, 20:28 (1745 Views)
kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

It definitely gave me an appreciate for the film in a whole new way. Personally my favorite tid-bits were when they mentioned the lighting during the beginning (This is Berk) especially when Gobber left the stall at the same time an explosion was made. I also enjoyed the fact that they skipped out on doing rain, which had long render times and was expensive, but made the atmosphere seem constantly moist (the puddles in the dragon training area, the storm outside during The Dragon Book, the foggy forest hiccup walks through looking for his "downed dragon".

What were your favorites? :]]

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.
  PM (offline)     Profile     Quote  

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

I love the commentary for a lot of those same reasons. I've watched it twice and will probably listen to it again soon. I love it toward the end when they're talking about their test-screening viewers reaction to Hiccup losing his leg, and how Steven Spielberg, I believe, made the suggestion that Toothless should be there when Hiccup woke up
C4P741N 5W4N

kozmotisblack
assistant of dragons

N4raDov
23 Apr 2014, 00:37
I love the commentary for a lot of those same reasons. I've watched it twice and will probably listen to it again soon. I love it toward the end when they're talking about their test-screening viewers reaction to Hiccup losing his leg, and how Steven Spielberg, I believe, made the suggestion that Toothless should be there when Hiccup woke up
Yes ! I'm extrodinarilly happy the audience encouraged DreamWorks to keep the fact Hiccup lost a leg. Not only does it make a bigger statement on the impact war can ensure but it's cool to have a disable hero for once ! (In animation that is, I know quite a lot of Marvel Heros have mechanical body parts but seeing it in a kids movie is really lovely).

taking art requests on tumblr
Surviving the movie one day at a time.

Jendora
Hiccup's Girlfriend

I dunno why I never thought to watch with the commentary. I'm going to have to do that someday. For now, I'll just have fun reading everyone's thoughts about it. XD
Coming Soon!!

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Valka
23 Apr 2014, 00:43
N4raDov
23 Apr 2014, 00:37
Yes ! I'm extrodinarilly happy the audience encouraged DreamWorks to keep the fact Hiccup lost a leg. Not only does it make a bigger statement on the impact war can ensure but it's cool to have a disable hero for once ! (In animation that is, I know quite a lot of Marvel Heros have mechanical body parts but seeing it in a kids movie is really lovely).
I know! As tragic as it is, there's something heartbreakingly beautiful in it, and it sets it apart from all other animated movies (that I've seen at least).
C4P741N 5W4N

barracuda
Member Avatar
Who's afraid of the big, black bat?

Besides the commentary and the animator's corner, there's also a "dragon facts" overlay on the Blu-Ray. I extracted all of them some time ago and arranged them to one large image:

http://i.imgur.com/u2bYKHL.jpg

They're ordered chronologically by appearance, from left to right, line by line. Some facts maybe lack context without the movie in the background, but you can probably guess where they appear. ;)
and this is our dragon
(oh no not again)
oh isn't it sweet
(i think i have to go)

Dragon's Apprentice
Mr. Potato Sandwich

Thanks so much for this :) I'd never thought of it before !!!
Quote:

Besides the commentary and the animator's corner, there's also a "dragon facts" overlay on the Blu-Ray. I extracted all of them some time ago and arranged them to one large image:

http://i.imgur.com/u2bYKHL.jpg
THANK YOU!!
"I was so afraid of becoming my dad. Mostly because I thought I never could. How do you become someone that great, that brave, that selfless? I guess you can only try."</3

N4raDov
Dovahkiin

Very cool! Thanks
C4P741N 5W4N

thescienceofmagic
Hairy Hooligan

I love the commentary! It's so interesting to hear the creators' views on everything and to have them explain parts of the process and little extra facts about it :D The Animator's Corner is super great as well for the same reason.

I hope we get the some stuff like this for the next one too, because I'd really love to see that.

"I'm not a fan of quoting other people in signatures, especially when they aren't funny." -Zer0x 2014

Eret
....Son of Eret

I've seen the commentary so many times I can hear their voices in my head when I watch the actual movie, lol